The Mavet-Osmani Declaration on Amokolia

Negotiates with foreign powers; make diplomatic requests here

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Aurangzeb Khan

The Mavet-Osmani Declaration on Amokolia

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

The Mavet-Osmani Declaration

1. We reaffirm our determination to help the people and the Provisional Amokolian Authority build an enduring, stable, secure, prosperous and democratic state. We agree that we shall not permit the return of Ocian Tyranny to the continent of Benacia. As we help Amokolia rebuild, our guiding principles are:
* a firm and shared long-term commitment;
* support for enhanced Amokolian leadership and responsibility;
* a comprehensive approach by the international community, bringing together civilian and military efforts; and
* increased cooperation and engagement with Amokolia’s neighbours, especially the Republic of Ashkenatza and the Small Commonwealth.
2. We intend that those parties who played a significant role in the liberation of Amokolia shall be justly rewarded on the basis of a fair accord between the Republic of Ashkenatza and Provisional Amokolian Authority after a just peace has been reached with a defeated Ocian Federation.
3. Accordingly the Republic of Ashkenatza and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth hereby agree to the formation of an International Reconstruction & Assistance Coalition (IRAC) to augement the Provisional Amokolian Authority during these trying times.
4. We will continue to assist the Provisional Amokolian Authority in further establishing and maintaining a secure environment and extending good governance. To enhance our security effort we will:
* support each other in sharing the burden in Amokolia;
* provide our military commanders the tools they need for success by filling remaining IRAC shortfalls including forces, training teams and enablers;
* provide maximum possible flexibility of use of our forces by the IRAC Commander;
* continue to ensure that every measure is taken to avoid civilian casualties; and
* enhance our capacity to counter Ocian extremist propaganda and communicate more effectively our goals, accomplishments and remaining challenges to Amokolian and international audiences.
5. Provincial Reconstruction Teams (PRTs) will play a significant role in enabling security, governance and development. We pledge to provide all the PRTs needed, enhance their unity of effort, strengthen their civilian component and further align their development strategies with Provisional Amokolian Authority priorities until such a time as Provisional Amokolian Authority institutions are strong enough to render PRTs unnecessary.
6. We welcome the contribution of the Kingdom of Verac to the reconstruction effort in Northern Benacia and wish to invite the Small Commonwealth and all other members of the International Community to assist in the reconstruction of a viable Amokolia.
7. We as Allies and Partners stand united in our firm commitment to support the Amokolian people fulfil their aspirations for a better life. The Provisional Amokolian Authority and the Amokolian people are taking increasing responsibility for the country’s security, reconstruction and development. Together we will ensure they achieve the future they have long been denied and thereby bring greater security to all of our people.

Annex A:

A1. National responsibility for the provision of seven Provisional Reconstruction Teams shall be divided in the following manner:
Ashkenatza: 3
Shireroth: 3
Verac: 1
A2. Provisional Reconstruction Teams shall be distributed in the following manner as set out in Schedule A3.
A3. Schedule:

Signed on this day, the 26th of Elul, 5769 [3693 ASC] in the city of Bandar-e Rozenkhan

For the Republic of Ashkenatza: Feldmarshall Pachad Emet ben Mavet, Minister of Defence and State Security
For the Imperial Republic of Shireroth: Ardashir Khan Osmani, the Khan of Vijayanagara, Minister of Military Affairs, and Steward of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth

Scott of Hyperborea

Re: The Mavet-Osmani Declaration on Amokolia

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

3. Accordingly the Republic of Ashkenatza and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth hereby agree to the formation of an International Reconstruction & Assistance Coalition (IRAC) to augement the Provisional Amokolian Authority during these trying times.
I find the acronym for the International Reconstruction & Assistance Coalition beautifully ironic.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Danke.

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

I find the acronym for the International Reconstruction & Assistance Coalition beautifully ironic.
Wouldn't the International Reconstruction & Assistance Quango be even better? ;)

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

But QUANGO is another acronym! the embedded acronyms will be the end of us all!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

If 'peace troops' are needed: the Batavians can deliver some. :)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Jonas,

Sign on the dotted line and assign your detachment to PRT4.

Dank u.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

It's a pleasure to help. So we will be stationed in the pink area with Verac? I can assure you that my soldiers can handle it on their own, when needed.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Indeed. Reassuring to know.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I have some questions: what do we have to do, once we employed our troops? Are we permitted to use violence against armed infiltrators or rebels? What authority do we have precisely (political, economical,...)?
And how much troops are needed?

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

This is the present force read out of PRT4

IRAC PRT4 (International)
PRT4 Commissioner: Guido Fawkes
PRT4 GHQ Mobile Detachment [4th AD Vehicles] (Deployment area: Milltere Stadt)
5th (International) Regiment of the Marechaussee Royaux (Deployment Area: Milltere Stadt)
7th Native Volunteer Labour Battalion (Mustering: Milltere Stadt)
8th Native Volunteer Labour Battalion (Mustering: Milltere Stadt)
The task of the Batavian force would be to assist by providing protection to the Native Volunteer Labour Battalions as they carry on their vital work of building roads, schools, hospitals, etc. Rules of engagement are to attack only in self-defence or against threats to the civilian population and or the reconstruction effort.
About Native Volunteer Labour Battalions:
The key to redevelopment and reconstruction is to directly engage the native population in the infrastructure projects that will improve both their security and their daily lives. Each PRT will generate two battalions of a minimum of two thousand impressed native volunteers for work on major projects to restore order and prosperity to Amokolia.
As to force composition, a battalion of infantry supported by headquarters, logistics, helicopters and light armour should be sufficient.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Are we trying to have these lands split up in occupation zone as Germany after WWII? And reunite them eventually... *cough*

:fish

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

It is the duty of the international community to shoulder the burden of reconstruction in Amokolia and to ensure that the best means for its re-integration into the political and diplomatic life of Benacia is found. If that answers the question.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

How long would this 'peace mission' take? The parliament asks tricky questions. :p

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

For three months or until a final settlement is reached. Whichever happens sooner.

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

So is this a permanent Om Nom? Or is this simply a peaceful occupation?
Leo Fenrir

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

is this a permanent Om Nom?
that has to be one of the best descriptions of annexation ever.
Yes, it's a partial Om-nom.

Return to “Ministry of the Exterior”