Curious E-mails...

UEC

Re: Curious E-mails...

Post by UEC »

KILL THEM!>>> KILL THEM BEFORE IT"S TO LATE!!!! E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

SimplyRhedd

Curious E-mails...

Post by SimplyRhedd »

I've received several odd e-mails over a course of time and not sure who their from or what they are trying to relay......anybody or noone special, for that matter, has sent them to me and haven't gotten a response? I've been having a few weird things with my processing unit or mother board.....

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Copypaste some examples those mails here, headers included. Then we can help... In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to a Finn.

UEC

Post by UEC »

I still say kill them.. and DON"T open any attachments.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

For a while I was barraged by e-mails from one "Comic the Bargain Dog". It was an interesting time. Philip Locke
When I am king, you will be first against the wall.

UEC

Post by UEC »

You could always click the unsubcribe link.... than.. if you are a US citizen..... Sue them when they keep sending you stuff... 500$ an email after you tell them to stop... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Ari Rahikkala

Assuming this stuff is spam...

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

There's a couple of different tactics to fight against it... the one I follow is simply making myself a complete black hole against spammers. The only way I ever respond to any spam is deleting the stuff with extreme prejudice. I don't read it. I don't view any images or embeds, in fact I don't use a HTML-enabled mail client; viewing images would show the spammer that my email account exists and that there's a human reading it. I don't click on unsubscribe links. I'll rather just block the sender. Or, to tell the truth, I hardly get any spam anyway.Unfortunately this isn't really very efficient against spam on a larger scale... most addresses that spammers target are, after all, inexistent (just ask joe-jobbed people - they get a huge amount of bounces and a couple hundred angry responses per spammer), so you're not making a difference. Teergrubing and legal battles might actually deter spammers a bit. However, not everyone is really ready to do that sort of stuff... In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to a Finn.

UEC

Re: Assuming this stuff is spam...

Post by UEC »

I deleted an email once.. than remade it almost a year later.. and it was STILL getting the same spam it was before... Fucking EZboard... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Phoenix the Risen

Re: Assuming this stuff is spam...

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

just so y'alls know, hotmail has gotten much better at blocking spam lately. I've had hotmail since the beginning of time... or at least before it was MSN, and the only spam I get now is the stuff I actively subscribe to... hrm... maybe this is just wrong... I'm advertising for microsoft... but - Hotmail... was only unfortunate to be acquired by msn... it will always be independent in my mind... grrr.... Let's get ready to RoX0Rz!!!

SimplyRhedd

Re: NO SPAM!

Post by SimplyRhedd »

Errr..no, e-mails that I have read are spam. They may or may not be spam-related, but on a lesser note, they aren't spam by no means.Fairly plain. No html or anything fancy. Just text based and IF there is an attachment, then it's in the form of a sound-byte.I DO have spam-block on and anti-virus scanning, but the message sometimes comes through a bit garbled or if not garbled, just says "Hi, how are you?" Which is well and good, but really doesn't promote me replying with the hopes of having a good converstation.

Return to “House Tessier-Ashpool”