Microwiki and its Fate:

Updates and expands the website, http://www.shireroth.org
St. Fenix

Microwiki and its Fate:

Post by St. Fenix »

Greetings my Foreign Shirerethian Comrades!,

I am St. Fenix the Chairman of Kampong, and a long time user of Microwiki which Shireroth has so generously provided over the last several years.

I would like nothing more then to come here and bring praise for the work that Shireroth has done on Microwiki, that it has become a symbol of Micronationalism itself. However the truth at the moment is not quite that.

Microwiki has been suffering from some sort of error for the past two months (or maybe one, I can't remember) And it has impacted the way that Micronationalism in general has used the resource.

It is beacause of this that I bring this subject up to all Shirerethians in order to remedy the problem, and Save the useage of Microwiki for future Micronations. We can't do without this brilliant Resource.

thanks for the time,

-St. Fenix
-Chairman of Kampong
-Chairman of the MCC
-St. Fenix
-Chairman of the Democratic Republic of Kampong
-Knight:Grand Cross of Ronen
-Prelate of the Order of St. John of Damascus
-Member of the order of St. Izlo

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Most of the original admins are gone. Shoot. I'll find moose or Fax and tell them.

Neike Taika-Tessaro

Post by Neike Taika-Tessaro »

I decided to do a small amount of research and it turns out the errors that are being thrown are signs of table corruption. That means running an SQL-REPAIR on the tables will fix them... but at fairly probable loss of data. Of course, some data versus none at all (as it is at the moment) is better than nothing; and the solution to the problem is simple enough; so it's somewhat good news, right?

Now the owner of shireroth.com just has to actually run REPAIRs on the tables.

(Not that it took me being a genius to find the above facts out, mind)

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

most people have moved on from the shireroth one to http://www.mnn.mncentre.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page now...

Jacobus Loki

Ne wiki all well and good

Post by Jacobus Loki »

If Shirewiki can be salvaged, it would serve the community at large to have two repositories of history.

If history is any guide, it is that MN sites are hacked. If both wikis function, perhaps we do not need to loose everything.

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

I think the shirewiki is doomed, no one has the ability to fix it... most articles were moved safely (although my nation's article was deleted :cry ) and many people are prepared and have backups... i think... i do anyway...

Maximos Qutreh Bar Idwhar

Post by Maximos Qutreh Bar Idwhar »

Well, it doesn't matter if it can't be fixed, it'll just be a really large copy-paste job from Shireroth MicroWiki into MNN MicroWiki
Regards,
His Excellency Maximos Qutreh Bar Idwharioun, Grand Vizier of the Zatriarchate of Matbaa
http://www.zatriarchate.uni.cc

Jess

Post by Jess »

What about the micronations.wikia.com wiki?

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Wow. I've never seen that one before. But it looks like it's from a different part of micronationalism and most of what they have on our sector is lifted from the old ShireWiki.

Lachlan, did you know about that?

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

i've certainly never heard of that...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I have heard of it and I find that microwiki not so interesting.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

benkern

Post by benkern »

Website's alive, Wiki's still in the same state.
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/u4/shireroth/html/wiki/includes/ObjectCache.php on line 409
We need the webmaster of shireroth.org to run the a SQL Repair (as Neike describes in detail above). Who is that exactly?
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Nieke is the leader of a very small micronation called Dark Arcadia. She is located in Germany, where she is studying high level computer construction that is way beyond my understanding. I think she would be a great consultant to assist us in reconfiguring our forum back to health.

Neike Taika-Tessaro

Post by Neike Taika-Tessaro »

I think benkern was asking about the identity of the shireroth webmaster... not me. I'm not that important. :D;;,

*hugs hypatias mom* I'm flattered you interpreted it as you did, though.
Neike Taika-Tessaro, Archon of Dark Arcadia

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

That's me these days...

Return to “Ministry of Information”