Updates, FYI

Updates and expands the website, http://www.shireroth.org
Delphi

Updates, FYI

Post by Delphi »

Ok, so in case anyone was curious, I've begun work on the website. You won't see any progress until I'm done with a good chunk of it, but I'll let everyone know. The first phase is converting it to a PHP-based layout, with a standard header and footer, which will make all the individual pages smaller, easier to lay out and style, and easier to edit. In the process, I'll be cleaning up the layout a bit and hopefully making it a bit more appealing to the eye.

In the meantime, I'm going to be periodically asking for bits of information to put up. For example, I don't have a clue how many citizens we have, so until I know, that won't be on our "quick facts" page (once I upload the appropriate link to it).

I've been spending the past few hours on this, so I'm going to be taking a break. Soon enough you'll see a slightly prettier website, still with the same outward layout, but a nicer feel.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Citizen of Shireroth
Former Scourge of Micras

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Ok, continuing updates...

I've pretty much finished most of the stuff linked to the main page and one step from there. What I haven't done yet is the citizens page, the ministries pages, the laws of the land, and decided how to present the fiefdoms. All these things still need working out, and for those pages that already exist and are "done", what I mean is converting them into the new internal structure and updating the content. When I upload and "relaunch" it all, it'll look a bit the same to the casual glance, but it's a lot sharper, in my opinion. And more importantly, more organized, so a lot easier to update.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

You. Rock.
There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

New font hurts me. Switch back to the old one, por favor.
CENSOR'D

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

You weren't supposed to see that. It was only for Greg Dean, and only for a few minutes. :no

And the new font is far more readable, particularly at smaller sizes. Serif fonts... they kinda irk me...
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Hey, Delphi, are you aware that something happened to the wiki directory? For some reason the http://www.shireroth.org/wiki goes to the folder instead of the main page. The main page and everything still work fine, you just have to find them first.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Thanks, Scott. I was altering the .htaccess files and that apparently made something go awry. It's fixed now.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

We're still waiting. Regardless of your trial, you've got a semi-working version going, and I'd appreciate it if you could at least push it to a viewable version before stopping your work out of spite/disinterest.
CENSOR'D

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I think he was fired a few weeks ago due to excessive evil. As you should know, being a previous occupant of the ministry, we prefer our MiniInfos to be only moderately evil.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Well he could at least give us some info on what he had and we could finish it if it isn't already.
CENSOR'D

Return to “Ministry of Information”