Time table and issues.

Updates and expands the website, http://www.shireroth.org
Erik Mortis

Time table and issues.

Post by Erik Mortis »

In earlish feb the current server runs out.

First, can we move the email over that is currently there. Alot of people use it as primary, including myself, and my dad. the current site uses squirlmail. Can we just copy over the directories?

2. When can this be done by. It needs to be done at the same time we change the server that shireroth.org points too.

3. We need to repay for the shireroth.org thingy. I can do this if I can find the information. But I need a date.

We need a date to make the final changes, a resonable date, and we need to stick to it. We need to email all active emails and notify people of the change so they can take appropriate action. ie... warn anyone that might try to email them while the change takes place.

If we can't transfer the email. Than we have a problem. One I asked about.. but no one listened!

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Did we ever decide where we're moving to?
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Citizen of Shireroth
Former Scourge of Micras

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I guess we didn't...

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Now that is an issue...
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Well originally this forum was going to be a test, but the major success of conversion led to us moving to it earlier than expected. Greg has certainly shown that he's willing to share his humongous amount of space, and it's simply a matter of getting FTP accounts made and changing the nameservers. That is, excepting the emails. We still have rights to the domain name, it's just a matter of transferring the info over to this server, as Erik said.

Someone get in touch with Greg and point him to this thread.
CENSOR'D

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

A move here would be amazing, quite simple (then again a move almost anywhere would be simple), and cost-effective if we could get it cheap (or free; but I won't take anything for granted). The Shireroth site and contents (including the Wiki, etc) is quite large, and would require a large amount of space, though I'm not sure how much exactly. I've downloaded a lot of it on my computer to work on, but left out the wiki (and maybe the images) because I saw no reason to take the time to download all that if I wouldn't be changing it.

*reads*

Ok... Not sure what the point of that was.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

Greg Dean
Location: Florencia, Barony of The Holy Lands of Shireroth, Duchy of Naudia'Diva

Post by Greg Dean »

*laughs*

Just out of curiosity, how large is the shireroth site? It's purely academic, really.

And moving e-mail over SHOULD be fairly easy, I think. I'll talk to my server dude and see what he says.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Ok, not that big, between 50 and 55 megabytes, leaving out a few smaller image directories and the Wiki which I don't know how large that is.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

The Wiki uncompressed (Which is the only way to download it currently, since the server has crapped out on pre-zipping anything) is around 30-40 MB, maybe 50? That's just the database files that you can plug into any wiki.
CENSOR'D

UEC

Post by UEC »

All I carea bout is email... can you give me some answers on that? Can we move them?

UEC

Post by UEC »

Did you do anything to the email today, just a lil while ago.. it just died...

Return to “Ministry of Information”