A suggestion for the monitering of activity

Updates and expands the website, http://www.shireroth.org
Bill3000

A suggestion for the monitering of activity

Post by Bill3000 »

An important variable to keep track of is the number of active citizens.The census currently isn't very accurate. Having a census every two months is a very long time period to determine activity, as people will go on LoAs and the like, or simply not show up to the forums. However, the solution is not merely to make a census in a shorter period of time. This is a nuisance to both those who are in charge of the census and the citizens who have to fill the census out.What I suggest is someting more convinent. Create a page for citizens only in which one has to supply a password given by the nation. IP should be most likely recorded as well, so that the citizen could only do it once per week. The citizen would just fill the the miniform with the name, which would be basically saying "I'm here." The form would keep tally of the amount of citizens that process through the page, giving us an active citizen count. Mind you, this is different from our census, because the censsu determines whether or not a citizen still is a citizen - this form would just determine activity. Say for example I go on a LoA, whether it be though circumstance (Say, a test coming up soon I need to study) or feeling. (Example would be if I don't like the way Shireroth's current situation is, and want to block it out) Both of these would make me an inactive citizen for that particular time. This is much easier to measure within a per-week basis rather than a per-bimonthly basis that we currently have with the census. As such, we could measure our active citizen count, and with the help of our post per day count, measure our activity. (simply a multiple of the posts per day times the number of active citizens.) I think this method should be reliable enough to work. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismPissing off Micras, one nation at a timeProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

osmose1000

Re: A suggestion for the monitering of activity

Post by osmose1000 »

1.IPs aren't always the same. Particularly for people like Shyriath who use AOL.2.Any why do we need a measure of the nation's activity? I'd say we're pretty active enough. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

the census is for technical purposes only, so its no biggie. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Actually, because of my Ministerial Reorganization Act, the MINT can now remove people from active citizenship.Also, if you read Bill's Population Density thing in MNN, you'd understand. Blindness Is A Blessing

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

I did read it. But I really don't see how working up a system like that is of any real use, even with those formulas. Some things can't be calculated. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Quote:IPs aren't always the same. Particularly for people like Shyriath who use AOL.Except that I use AT&T Worldnet, sucka.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Praise be upon you! Point still stands, though. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

I use AOL, and I love it. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

HEATHEN! FIE UPON YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, YOU AOL-LOVING WHORE! They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

The IPs were only needed so that it be harder to fake the count. (Say, someone posting as more than one citizen)But yes, there are two reasons why I want a system like this:1) For the monitering of activity, an important variable in my micropatriological studies. (meh, that how you spell it? )2) To give an example to other micronations, who I will encourage to use as a better way of monitering activity. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismPissing off Micras, one nation at a timeProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Well, I can't say no to a personal project because that will make me look like an ass. But still, signing in and just saying "I'm here!" isn't a very effective way of saying you're active. Anyone got any better ideas on how to do it? They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Return to “Ministry of Information”