A Tux smiley...

Updates and expands the website, http://www.shireroth.org
Ari Rahikkala

A Tux smiley...

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

... isn't it kinda obvious that we need something like this?My first attempt that could be classified as somewhat succesful-ish, simply downscaled and cropped from the image at http://www.isc.tamu.edu/~lewing/linux/ :It looks somewhat funky in this colour scheme... and it might be a bit too big so... well, you tell me if it's OK or not. I spend my days enjoying the minty taste that surrounds Erik.

Scott Alexander

Stuff

Post by Scott Alexander »

Perhaps you could transparentize the background? I'd do it myself by my paint program is temporarily upscrewed.

Kaiser Mors III

Re: Stuff

Post by Kaiser Mors III »

Woot! LINUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

hrm... yess.. that is very odd... if you can transparentize the background, then I'll put it on the emoticons list Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

I see no backgrond "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Phoenix the Risen

hrm... then maybe it's just my computer... or browser...I see the background as a redisplay of whatever is to the upper left of the image... in this case, ari's titles and the post time... is it only screwing up for me? Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

Ari Rahikkala

Re: A Tux smiley...

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Bitten by IE's lack of support for PNG alpha transparency again, I see. Hm. , same in .gif. and from kernel.org might work better as smilies, but then again, if we use Tux like the kiwi the size is just about right... I spend my days enjoying the minty taste that surrounds Erik.

*checks IE*oh...that's rubbisshI thought they had fixed that? "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Kaiser Mors III

Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Now we just need to "brand" some fiefdom with a Linux image... I spend my days enjoying the minty taste that surrounds Erik.

Kaiser Mors III

Well.. Straylight would have been the obvious choice.. but it's gone... Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

force Ari at gun pint to start a new barony "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Kaiser Mors III

He'll need to recruit first.. Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

then give him a gun so he can recruit people "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Mattlore Devious

Post by Mattlore Devious »

But then when you try and force him at gunpoint to start a new barony he will shoot you with his gun

darn "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

*is amused* -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas Give me your child, and by the age of five, I can make him a priest or a thief or a scholar. - SCOTT: You know, I always joke about how nothing will ever be able to get me out of micronations...but...I think if my mother got into micronations that would get me out in a hurry. - GUILDENSTERN:We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Kaiser Mors III

I had the idea of putting an add up in a theater.. you know those annoying ads before movies... the ones that are just a picture basicly.. that you read out of boredom? Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Phoenix the Risen

dude... seriously... if you could get a two-panel one, like the coke trivia ads... ask some rhetorical question about politics in the first ad... and then in the second one just say "We don't know either, but you've just been annexed!" in big yellow letters at the top over a full-size picture of Malarbor, the URL across the middle in red bold, and then the Yardistani flag on the lower left, and the Shirithian flag on the lower right...heh, then you could add to the list of annexations "Viewers of the (insert time here) showing of (insert movie here) at (insert theater here)." Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I wonder if they would actually allow that.......

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Is Ari even officially a citizen? Because if not, he must be citizenified. No use going off on these big recruitment campaigns when there's someone so close to home who still has not been assimilated.

de assimulation should be banned "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Niin usein olen matkoihini kävellytja melkein yhtä usein takaisin tullutTaas sinnepäin matkalla olen nyt,tulkaa vastaan, oi ystävät hullutHeh. It's not common for me to post song lyrics that are actually *relevant* to the discussion... well, except that lines two and three aren't quite correct...Ah, heck, I'll just make your life easy. I've been assimilated once, then I've... er... asdifferentiated myself, then I was assimilated again, then I asdifferentiated myself again. I'm currently in Trevon mode so you can't get me to join a micronation right now and shouldn't even try. Patience might help, though. I spend my days enjoying the minty taste that surrounds Erik.

patience?*gets our pack of cards* "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Phoenix the Risen

Quote:I asdifferentiated myselfSo... what's your tangential slope? Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

Return to “Ministry of Information”