Immigration

Handles the census, and migration to, from and within Shireroth; apply for citizenship here

Moderator: Edgard

Luxi

Immigration

Post by Luxi »

Name: Amaris
Email: bounceferretbounce@yahoo.com
Other Micronational Citizenships: None

Optional

AIM screen name: Don't have one.

Interests: Being random, Harry Potter stuff, and bowling.

Birthday: February 7th, 1985

Preferred subdivision: Yardistan, but I'm not particularly picky.

How you heard about Shireroth: From my brother a few years ago, I forgot about it until I decided to stalk him today.

Previous micronational experience: None, so I really have no idea what I'm suppose to do.

Anything else about you: Um, favorite color is green and I am the only sibling to Shyriath, who tells a marvelous tale about a chicken farmer.

Neike Taika-Tessaro

Re: Immigration

Post by Neike Taika-Tessaro »

Hey, cool, you're stalking Shyriath, too? I bet you've got it easier, though, being related.
Neike Taika-Tessaro, Archon of Dark Arcadia

Luxi

Post by Luxi »

Yes, thats true. Knowing where he sleeps at night does help a lot... and also that where he sleeps at night is a 5 minute drive from where I sleep at night. Has he been on here lately? It said his last activity was in 2006 on his profile...

Neike Taika-Tessaro

Unfortunately, he seems to be chronically absent, much to my chagrin. Maybe I scared him off. (I'm a rather persistant stalker.) I'm sure if you told him, "Hey, Shyr-" ...wait, you probably call him by his real name, don't you? >.> Anyway, I'm sure if you told him, "Hey, bro', I discovered the Shireroth place you told me about ages ago and am applying to join it," he'd come back.

Then we all win!

^_^

Luxi

Post by Luxi »

That could possibly be arranged, once I talk to him and actually remember to tell him. Unfortunately, I have a horrible memory. But I'll try to remember to call him tonight. And yes, I call him by his real name, or rather, a form of his real name... that he doesn't appreciate a whole heck of a lot... BUT, I shall keep that to myself, lest I be bludgeoned by his mighty Ouchmaker.

benkern

Post by benkern »

Welcome to Shireroth, sister of the chronically absent! Have a nice time. :)
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Neike Taika-Tessaro

Luxi wrote:or rather, a form of his real name... that he doesn't appreciate a whole heck of a lot...
O.O *bribes! MUST know!*

Luxi

Post by Luxi »

benkern wrote:Welcome to Shireroth, sister of the chronically absent! Have a nice time. :)
Thanks so much!
Neike Taika-Tessaro wrote:
Luxi wrote:or rather, a form of his real name... that he doesn't appreciate a whole heck of a lot...
O.O *bribes! MUST know!*
(1st half of 1st name) x 2 + "poo" = as much as I can reveal.

...I'm pretty sure the word "poo" is why he hates it so much...

P.S. I'm soo dead if/when he comes back.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Hey, don't worry about that, we've had families here before :p

Anyway, Shyriath's probably sulking, thinking he should have been more active and that he owes something to Shireroth again. You should tell him that we all love him. We're like a micronational Jesus, it doesn't matter how long you've been away, we're still happy to have you back. Oh, and he needs to stop being mysterious about the reasons why he can't stay :p

As for what you're supposed to do... well... just take a few hours to read what people have been saying and doing lately... ask plenty of questions, tell us your opinion on things, start a silly thread in the off-topic, start a silly thread in Yardistan, etc.. We're currently kind of busy with matters that are either somewhat boring or that can only be handled by people with deep knowledge of Shirithian history, so I can't think of any project that you could actually participate in - but I'm sure we'll come up with something interesting if you just give us a couple of days and some evidence on what you're interested in :)
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Neike Taika-Tessaro

Luxi wrote:(1st half of 1st name) x 2 + "poo" = as much as I can reveal.
:D *makes note never to call him that* (Not that I ever had the urge.)
Luxi wrote:...I'm pretty sure the word "poo" is why he hates it so much...
Probably. ^_~

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

Welcome Sister of the Honorable Shyriath...

hmmm...Let's see... I know his first name... so do the math... and.... I get... that's an odd name...

But yes.. Yardistan, we can arrange this... though it's getting.. well.. not... crowded.. but it's the biggest duchy population wise..

Oh yeah.. I'm the Kaiser... ie.. the leader type person...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Dibs on Shyriath when he returns!

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

It's his call...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

He was a Straylightian once! I can convince him to be one again!

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

I was not aware of this.. but he'll wanna attach to Benacia which is.. err... Yardistani? Brookshireian...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

In fact he was Baron of Straylight while I was gone once...

And Benacia seems to have been moving around a bit... it was a part of Yardistan according to this Duchal contract, but now it's in Brookshire... thout might have just been caused by me flubbing the subforum categorisation...

/me checks

... nah, it was in Brookshire on the old forum, too. Ah well. If it's been moving around so far, I'm sure we can move it around a little bit more :p

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

Well, whether it's brookshire or straylight.. either work...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Luxi

Post by Luxi »

Kaiser Mors V wrote:Welcome Sister of the Honorable Shyriath...

hmmm...Let's see... I know his first name... so do the math... and.... I get... that's an odd name...

But yes.. Yardistan, we can arrange this... though it's getting.. well.. not... crowded.. but it's the biggest duchy population wise..

Oh yeah.. I'm the Kaiser... ie.. the leader type person...
Well, thanks for the welcome, and actually, I screwed up. Its more like 1st half of name + 4th letter + 2nd and 3rd letter + "poo"... and I don't have to be in Yardistan, wherever is fine.

I spoke to my brother and he says he may start dropping in, but he's not sure if he'll rejoin. He's been caught up in work and whatnot.

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

Tell him I need all his SSHIT....stuff.. It all got rather lost...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Luxi

Post by Luxi »

He's lurking about...

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Yes. Yes you are.
Anyway, Shyriath's probably sulking, thinking he should have been more active and that he owes something to Shireroth again. You should tell him that we all love him. We're like a micronational Jesus, it doesn't matter how long you've been away, we're still happy to have you back.
Good to see not only that Ari is around, but that I am apparently blandly predictable.

Okay, let's get some things out of the way, right? One: yes, the presence of my dear sister here could not help but pull me back towards this place. I might not be active, but I'll be damned if I don't try my best to help her see why I first came here.

Two: Ari has me pegged, and feeling sorry for myself at this point would clearly achieve nothing new, so I suppose I must now officially discard my sulking and feelings of unworth. (Thanks for ruining the fun, killjoys. :P ) Keep in mind that I am not officially joining back up yet (though I'm not sure if I can be officially counted as having left, so maybe that's a moot point), but if I do, I think I will stay away from leadership positions for a while if I can help it. Providing direction to people requires a certain amount of initiative, of which I have little to spare.

Three: I have indeed been fairly busy for the last year or so (in fact, I will have had my job for exactly a year as of tomorrow... getting a raise, w00t), which also partly accounts for my lack of here-ness.

Four: I will admit that my ideas of politics and proper governance have changed over the years. That's not to say that I disagree with the basic system, but it means that if I wound up being Kaiser again I'd probably try instituting odd little reforms that would probably seem un-Shirerithian, and almost certainly seem utterly pointless, if not detrimental, to most people. Another reason for me to stay away from leadership for the time being, since, unlike would-be reformers of the past, I have no particular desire for confrontation and am not particularly willing to piss people off. Yeah, I'm a weenie.

This ALSO has something to do with why I haven't come back till now... though with any luck, I'll never be made Kaiser again, and we won't have to worry about it.

Five: As it happens, Majesty, I do still have most of the SSHIT stuff. Which is a bit of a stroke of luck, since a long while back I almost deleted it in despair. I'll dig up the files for you.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Shyriath, I left the forum screwed up and glitchy for a year. There were no mangos to be seen, nobody had complete administrative rights, some subdivisions kept disappearing like ghosts. Then I walked in and fixed it all. Felt pretty good to do that, too. After you've gotten up to speed on recent news, if you aren't feeling particularly creative and willing to create new stuff, you could always transform articles that are partially about Shirithian affairs to ones that are all about Shirithian affairs (see http://shireroth.kuroshiro.net/forum/vi ... 061#p89061 and http://shireroth.kuroshiro.net/forum/vi ... f=9&t=7329 for reference)

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Spiffy. I'll start on that over the next few days... maybe by then I'll have formed some original ideas of my own. (Hah... I'm already talking like I've rejoined. Ah well, I shan't resist.)

By the way... for the record, I love you all too. And yes, I missed Shireroth terribly.

Incidentally, has the Grand Commonwealth collapsed yet? Even in self-imposed exile, I've dreamed of that happening.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Yes, Shyriath. The Great Satan has been slain. The beast lay dead at the feet of those who once part of it; Babkha and the United Baronies left first, then Oscland died. The only one that was left was Karnali, which was too dead to make much of a commonwealth, so Lachlan Powers shut the forum down.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Ahhhh, news to warm the heart.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Actually, Oscland left (in disgust) then died ... small point ...

Hello Luxi, I'm another one of those newer people who doesn't have an indepth knowledge to help with the "important" stuff. We can do irrelevant and fun stuff together! :thumbsup

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

Tell me about your reform ideas. I am interested about new and interesting ideas..

Much has changed since those days. Even the traditional ways of thinking have.. mellowed and opened to new ideas put to old models...

And if you don't wanna leadership, then don't go for it. We have a full set of Dukes, Kaiser and Prætor.. so we have all that we need to run. Especially since the Charter has been suspended..

But.. it's great to see you again!

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

Welcome to Shireroth, Luxi!! :party
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

Shyriath wrote:Spiffy. I'll start on that over the next few days... maybe by then I'll have formed some original ideas of my own. (Hah... I'm already talking like I've rejoined. Ah well, I shan't resist.)
Shyriath is great to see you here again!! :party
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Luxi

Post by Luxi »

Shyriath wrote:
Yes. Yes you are.
Ah, well, What are little sisters for? ...Death threats, apparently. Love you too, Cupcake!
Andreas the Wise wrote:Hello Luxi, I'm another one of those newer people who doesn't have an indepth knowledge to help with the "important" stuff. We can do irrelevant and fun stuff together! :thumbsup
Awesomesauce! That sounds great.

*Indistinguishable fake accent* I am gathering friends like flies on a horse's behind!

Ahem... so, Am I definitely in Yardistan, or should I be somewhere else? Like I said, if you need people in a certain area, thats cool with me.

Return to “Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization”