Say It Ain't So!!

Handles the census, and migration to, from and within Shireroth; apply for citizenship here

Moderator: Edgard

hypatias mom

Say It Ain't So!!

Post by hypatias mom »

Baldwin--

Please don't leave us. I think the time of your citizenship and activity has been one of the most interesting periods since I joined Shireroth. We will really miss you if you really decide to leave. You have brought a vibrancy and imagination to this forum which has been sorely lacking of late, and this is exactly what has been needed. Just because your last gambit failed is no reason to dump your entire Shirerithian career. Please reconsider your decision and come back to us. We would really miss you if you truly left us.

Carol

:cry :cry :cry :cry

Chrimigules

Post by Chrimigules »

Actually from what I heard he was planning on doing this all along.

Kaiser Meskan II

Post by Kaiser Meskan II »

It doesn't suprise me. He had told me before that he wished to either get a reason to stay in Shireroth, or he would emmigrate so that he could become Speaker of Antica. Part of the reason why I made him Steward, as I didn't want him to leave. Obviously he felt that, now that I had come back and removed his reformations, there is no hope for democracy in Shireroth.

Baldwin, you need to remember that Shireroth isn't the real world. Democracy works in the real world, and pretty much all citizens agree with it (Yes, this includes Erik, although Fax is an exception.) but it isn't the end-all-be-all cure-all system for micronations. Shireroth is more of a family an a regular old boring secular micronation - and you wouldn't have a democracy in a family. Even I, who supports democracy in micronationalism, realize that you can't have plain old democracy in Shireroth, if for not anything else that the citizens of the nation don't want it.

But it doesn't mean that you are the odd man out of the nation. You are a Shirerothian, whether you like it or not. You are still a part of this community, even if you have different ideals than other people. While you would not be able to put all of your ideals into this micronation, neither would anyone else, because Shireroth is more than just one man, despite the fact that most of the power is in the Kaiser. And especially, you leaving does the exact opposite of what you wanted to do - revitalize the micronation, as we'll have yet antoher productive citizen leave.

I'll never make you another Locke or Rakesh, in which their ideals would abandon them. This is partially why I allowed political parties to be recreated. Because no citizen deserves to be lest out of the micronation, and it is the reason why I did not punish you harshly.

Actually, let's not forget that you had to emmigrate Antica in order to become Kaiser, so you'd have to immigrate there again~ :p Just joking. I'm not exactly sure what your true plan was - heck, if your plan for democracy was just a farce to bring controversy and thus activity back into the micronation, then it worked, and it only means that you should not leave. Controversy is what Shireroth needs right now. We cannot have everyone simply agreeing with each other.
By my hand,
His Niftiness, Meskan, Second of the Name, Kaiser of Shireroth, Overlord of the Duchies of Kildare, Naudia’Diva, and Northold, Overlord of the Baronies of Elwynn and Vorpmadal, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Wielder of Vengeance, Count of Shirekeep, Knight Companion of the Most Magnificent Imperial Order of the Sovereign Viking Crown, and Lord of the Golden Mango Throne.

Return to “Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization”