Another Immigration

Handles the census, and migration to, from and within Shireroth; apply for citizenship here

Moderator: Edgard

Andreas the Wise

Another Immigration

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I'll start with the form
Required

Name: Andreas Mayer
Email: andreas.the.wise@novatainia.org
Other Micronational Citizenships: Gralus

Optional

AIM screen name: -
Interests: Monty Python and Terry Pratchett
Birthday: 2 July
Preferred subdivision: Where ever you want me. On the Apollonia side would be nice?
How you heard about Shireroth: Who hasn't? But besides MCS, mainly through the Periodic Spore (see below)
Previous micronational experience: Foreign Minister of Novatainia, now President of Gralus
Anything else about you: see below
Obviously everyone knows about Shireroth, and it's always seemed interesting - but in my time been largely inactive. However, I followed the revival debates with interest, and after the Periodic Spore came out, started doing some more reading up on Shireroth. The more I read about it, the more I think I would have loved this nation in it's height, and so I'd like to help it continue. I'm particularly interested in the legends and myths of Shireroth, and gather that, at one point at least, it had some sort of magic? If as a nation it's still wanted, I'm one of the two people that set up modern micronational magic in Novatainia and Tokidoki, and would be delighted to help see how it could be incorporated into Shireroth. If you don't want it, I'm used to that, and would still be happy to help out.

:archy

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Welcome!
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

benkern

Post by benkern »

Welcome O Wise One. ;)
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

*Whispers*

Come to Kildare! Kildare! Kildare! Kildare!
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Jess

Post by Jess »

Come to Yardistan, or else, we could annex you! :document

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

Apollonia side.. that would put you in Kildare... and thus... I shall place you there unless you object.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I'd just like you to know that your immigration triggered something in my brain that caused me to spend three hours arguing with myself about various aspects of Shirithian culture. I was originally going to post at least something of a treatise on how a system of magic could work out in Shireroth, but I'm frankly tired of doing that today - I spent too long telling about it to myself already :(.

It's just as well, though, since I don't think it could have *really* worked out anyway. We're not particularly interested in a roleplaying system such as the magic in Tokidoki (which, by the way, I see you've invested quite an impressive amount of effort on). The reason is that Shirithian roleplaying really takes two forms, neither of which really has a need for them:

- one is the everyday "mundane" functioning of the Shirithian state. There's actually a somewhat deep and difficult-to-understand principle at work here, that of keeping the actual microstate apart from the fantasy world of Micras and suchall. You don't really see that principle at work most of the time, but for what it's worth we do follow it on a level... introducing "rules of magic" for the fantasy world would unnecessarily complicate handling the life of the actual microstate.

- the other is dedicated storywriting, which is usually simply in the form of stories written by single people, sometimes in story threads. In our tradition of story threads, each post is generally several paragraphs long and often involves different people's characters interacting - here, if you're concerned about putting words into other people's characters mouths (you can often avoid this in imaginative ways, though) you can just run your story submission by the other authors before publishing it. There's not really a need for rules - the stories just work out... well, until they die of inactivity :(

So, now, with that said, let's get down to the real meat. Yes, Shireroth's fictional history has magic in it. Lots of magic. You need to go no further than SSHIT (yes, I know) to find what's been done so far. Tales of Khaz Modan (well, I guess I should say "Tale of Khaz Modan" in this case..) and The Ages of Shireroth should be of special interest. How about you read that stuff and tell us what you think of it so far? Erik kept purposefully silent about the history for years so that someone would step up to the plate and be free to make what they wanted out of Khaz Modan. Shyriath did a lot, but there's so much more that can be done by someone with your imagination...
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Jacobus Loki

Peruse

Post by Jacobus Loki »

at your leisure (link at the top of the page).

The mythology is interesting and involved. Check out B'Caw!

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

sadly a large part of "ages of Shireroth" is missing...

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

Welcome!! :)

Andreas the Wise

Ari Rahikkala wrote:I'd just like you to know that your immigration triggered something in my brain that caused me to spend three hours arguing with myself about various aspects of Shirithian culture. I was originally going to post at least something of a treatise on how a system of magic could work out in Shireroth, but I'm frankly tired of doing that today - I spent too long telling about it to myself already :(.

It's just as well, though, since I don't think it could have *really* worked out anyway. We're not particularly interested in a roleplaying system such as the magic in Tokidoki (which, by the way, I see you've invested quite an impressive amount of effort on). The reason is that Shirithian roleplaying really takes two forms, neither of which really has a need for them:

- one is the everyday "mundane" functioning of the Shirithian state. There's actually a somewhat deep and difficult-to-understand principle at work here, that of keeping the actual microstate apart from the fantasy world of Micras and suchall. You don't really see that principle at work most of the time, but for what it's worth we do follow it on a level... introducing "rules of magic" for the fantasy world would unnecessarily complicate handling the life of the actual microstate.

- the other is dedicated storywriting, which is usually simply in the form of stories written by single people, sometimes in story threads. In our tradition of story threads, each post is generally several paragraphs long and often involves different people's characters interacting - here, if you're concerned about putting words into other people's characters mouths (you can often avoid this in imaginative ways, though) you can just run your story submission by the other authors before publishing it. There's not really a need for rules - the stories just work out... well, until they die of inactivity :(

So, now, with that said, let's get down to the real meat. Yes, Shireroth's fictional history has magic in it. Lots of magic. You need to go no further than SSHIT (yes, I know) to find what's been done so far. Tales of Khaz Modan (well, I guess I should say "Tale of Khaz Modan" in this case..) and The Ages of Shireroth should be of special interest. How about you read that stuff and tell us what you think of it so far? Erik kept purposefully silent about the history for years so that someone would step up to the plate and be free to make what they wanted out of Khaz Modan. Shyriath did a lot, but there's so much more that can be done by someone with your imagination...
Thanks (do I know you by another name, btw?)
What you were saying about the second method of magic sounds a lot like our expeditions. Not sure how much you know about our magic system. It sort of has four applications - training in academy, recwar, expedition, and legends - from the above post I gather legends and expeditions are of more use to Shireroth than the serious recwarring. I'll read the stuff when I have time (super busy just now) and get back to you. If you want recwar magic, tell me later and I can always explain it.

Kildare should be fine. One question first though - is the YAC still active? They sound so cool, and so much like a company Novatainia would love to become multinational ...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Kildare! Kildare! :archy

Hhmm, welcome in Kildare! :)

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

The Yardistani Annexation Corps... I guess they are a lil like a company... but more like a mob of hullagins stealing all the chairs in a city after a soccer game..

Jacobus Loki

THE YAC

Post by Jacobus Loki »

annexes the Nearest chair.

(And the soccer ball)

Kaiser Mors V

Re: Another Immigration

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

Very good.. Carry on...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Welcome to Shireroth, Andreas! You're the first one from down under in quite a while. We hope you enjoy it here.

Andreas the Wise

I'm enjoying it immensely. It seems very much the sort of micronation I'd have made/joined if I was on here several years ago. History, fantasy, well used land ... it's wonderful. :party
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Return to “Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization”