Wiki Restriction Act

A library of bills passed into law by the Landsraad

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

osmose1000

Re: Wiki Restriction Act

Post by osmose1000 »

Requiring long entries isn't such a good policy. Some topics are worth posting and yet will have small descriptions, like the Avatar From Hell entry... well, bad example, since *I* made that one, but still.Instead, I say we change it to a "You dumbarses have common sense, use it!" policy to encourage people to make their articles worth the time taken to create them in the first place. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Fax Celestis

Wiki Restriction Act

Post by Fax Celestis »

Purpose: To maintain the credibility and usefulness of the ShireWiki.Bill:1. Only registered members of the ShireWiki will be able to edit articles. Obtaining a registration shall remain simple and accessible to all. Registration prevents advertisers from posting and allows for tracking edits.2. Articles must be more than 500b upon posting. This is to ensure that the ShireWiki's content is rich and fulfilling, like a steak, instead of being sugary and worthless, like a twinkie.3. This act excludes redirects, image pages, and pages that only state something's identity to or relationship with something else, provided those pages link to the parent topic. Blindness Is A BlessingEdited by: Fax Celestis  at: 8/22/05 11:03

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

The following articles are short, but still meet the length requirement.http://www.shireroth.org/wiki/in...ized ... evengeNote how the length requirement isn't really all that much. Blindness Is A Blessing

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

I strongly approve of this for a few reasons.1. A lot of the wiki articles show a complete lack of effort. Surely there is more to say about Brrapa Lu Eraro, Shirekeep, Cedrism, and the the Ministry of the Exterior than what is there.2. This will prevent people from filling up the site with too many frivolous articles, or at least make them put some more work into them.3. This will prevent someone from making a page for something important without making more than a sentence of information on it, then waiting for someone else to edit it so that it is actually useful. When this happens the person who write the real article doesn't get the credit. It's contumelious to expect other people to do your work for you.However, I would support a few alterations to this act to exclude redirects, image pages, and pages that only state something's identity to or relationship with something else (such as the pages for Fax's pseudonyms saying they're Fax's pseudonyms and then linking to the main Fax page). Edited by: Kaiser Los III at: 8/17/05 20:47

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

I really think all pseudonyms should automatically pound-redirect to the person's official name. Because those pages really are still frivolous. If you think your pseudonyms are so important to be mentioned, give them a section, or put an "Also known as" at the top of your article. Gryphon the Pure- Shirithian Elder - Dutch of Kildare - Minister of the Interior - High Priest of Apostrophe aka Grammar Fuhrer - Director of the Shirithian Census - Imperial Advisor -q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);

Sebastien Alexandre

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

I think it would do some good, and making you log on woul dhelp as well, although I admit I have forgotten once or twice to log in

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Yeah, I've forgotten to log in a few times too. Still, this is a good idea; the tinier articles lying around make me seethe. Scott's proposed alterations to the bill should be kept in mind, however.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

I agree. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

This'd go under ministerial policies, instead of a landsraad act, and as a half-minister over the wiki(it is part of the website) I'ma put the login restriction on now, just to stop the damn ads. And Yardistan votes Aye (7) to this, provided Scott's edits are implemented. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

MorEastern Kildare votes YEA (0), provided Scott's edits. Gryphon the Pure- Shirithian Elder - Dutch of Kildare - Minister of the Interior - High Priest of Apostrophe aka Grammar Fuhrer - Director of the Shirithian Census - Imperial Advisor -q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Greater Brookshire egotistically votes AYE (6). Blindness Is A Blessing

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Muad'di- ...er, Naudia'Diva votes AYE (2), provided Scott's suggestions are implemented.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

To note: Scott's suggestions are now within the text. Blindness Is A Blessing

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

BAM, aye, 3. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Kildare says, "Oh, shit, I didn't vote yet," and votesAYE (9) *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Ok, getting back to my job and all...This vote has PASSED.Aye: 27Nay: 0Abstain: 0 *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Return to “Landsraad Passed Bills”