Landsraad 12: Absence and Emissaries

A library of bills passed into law by the Landsraad

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Kaiseress Semisa I

Landsraad 12: Absence and Emissaries

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

Article 2, Section E

Clause 1. At any time, a voting noble may declare a leave of absence, which shall be valid for no less than seven (7) days. The noble may specify how long his leave of absence shall last beyond this. The noble may also choose a citizen of his fiefdom to serve as emissary.
Clause 2. If a noble on leave of absence has not declared an emissary, his votes are not considered in the total number of votes, nor is he considered eligible to vote. Any votes he may cast during leave of absence shall be negated.
Clause 3. If a noble has declared an emissary prior to or concurrent with going on leave of absence, his votes are still considered in the total number of votes, and his emissary is considered eligible to vote. The noble's votes are reallocated to his emissary, who shall be granted admission to the Landsraad, for the period of the leave of absence.

To:
Clause 1. At any time, a voting noble may declare a leave of absence, which shall be valid for no less than four (4) days. The noble may specify how long his leave of absence shall last beyond this. The noble may also choose a citizen of his fiefdom to serve as emissary.
Clause 2. If a noble on leave of absence has not declared an emissary, his votes are not considered in the total number of votes, nor is he considered eligible to vote. Any votes he may cast during leave of absence shall be negated.
Clause 3. If a noble has declared an emissary prior to or concurrent with going on leave of absence, his votes are still considered in the total number of votes, and his emissary is considered eligible to vote. The noble's votes are reallocated to his emissary, who shall be granted admission to the Landsraad, for the period of the leave of absence. An emissary cannot alter the vote distribution between a Duke and zir Barons, unless explicitly allowed by the absent noble and the Feudal Contract of the subdivision in question.
Reason: Shortening of minimum length of time of a Leave of Absence, in accord with the shorter length of time a bill is on the floor. Addition of New Feudalism.

RicLyon

Re: Restructuring the Landsraad XII

Post by RicLyon »

Reasonable.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

A good idea. Especially since I don't think the ability of an emissary to change vote distributions has been considered before.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

Smart Kaiseress. I like. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

darthmiho

Post by darthmiho »

Definetly, really wish I had more to say than just a simple agreement.

Return to “Landsraad Passed Bills”