LawBook Cleanup Bill

A library of bills passed into law by the Landsraad

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Kaiseress Anandja I

LawBook Cleanup Bill

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

I move that the following sections be deleted from the LawBook. If a partial delete, the deleted text is shown in italics.
LB, I, A, 2, b.: wrote:b. Barons are still subject to their Duke's will.
LB, I, A, 3-4: wrote:3. Imperial Level
a. Both males and females may vote in any vote created on the imperial level. Only non-penalized citizens may vote on the Imperial level.
b. A penalized citizen is a citizen subject to penalty under the law for a crime where their voting rights were not granted back to them.
4. Duchies and subordinate lands
a. The duchies, and the lands contained within, have the right to create their own rules, regulations, and/or ordinances for the establishment of voting rights within their realm.
LB, II, C, 1, a: wrote:a. Duchies may be created from Shirithian land by the Kaiser at will.
LB, II, C, 2, a: wrote:a. Baronies may be created from Shirithian land by the Kaiser at will, and placed under any Duchy.
LB, II, D, 1, a: wrote:a. A Duchy may be dissolved by the Kaiser at will.
LB, II, D, 2, a: wrote:a. A Barony may be dissolved by the Kaiser at will.
LB, III, E, 1: wrote:1. A Duke may be removed by the Kaiser.
LB, III, F, 2: wrote:2. A Baron may be removed by the Kaiser.
LB, III, H: wrote:H. Revolts and Rebellions.
1. If there is a Revolt against the Kaiser, it is the duty of all Nobles to help suppress it.
2. If there is a revolt in a Duchy against the legitimately appointed Duke, it is the duty of the imperial government and any loyalist Barons to suppress it.
3.If there is a revolt in a Barony, it is the duty of the Duke or Duchess to suppress it, although the imperial government will help it asked.
4.none of these duties apply if the revolt is within a single noble house.
LB, IV, B, 2, c: wrote:c. The Landsraad may make their own procedure about what happens to bills during recess.
LB, IV, C, 2, c: wrote:c. The Landsraad may further specify the powers of the Prætor within the Landsraad.
LB, IV, C, 3: wrote:3. Restriction
a. The Prætor may not violate the Charter, Imperial Decrees, or the Lawbook.
LB, IV, C, 4, c: wrote:c. The Landsraad may further specify the powers of the Deputy Prætor within the Landsraad.
LB, V, B, 3: wrote:3. The Kaiser may appoint a representative to receive admin on subdivision boards in order to monitor their activities.
LB, VI, A, 3, b: wrote:b. It is the duty of the Minister of the Interior to assign title blocks to citizens upon request, provided that they comply with regulations.
LB, VI, B, 2: wrote:2. The Minister of Information shall be the chief editor of both the ShireWiki and of the Malarbor announcement box, with final say over their contents and possible disputes thereover except for the Kaiser.
LB, VI, E, 5: wrote:5. In the event that a person outside of Shireroth has been granted honorary citizenship, and zie decides to immigrate / re-immigrate to Shireroth, zie must fill out an immigration form to announce zir arrival / return, and shall become a full citizen immediately upon receipt of zir immigration form by the Minister of Immigration and Naturalization. No minority period shall be imposed except by appeal to the Kaiser.
LB, VII, B, 2: wrote:2. The Arbiter can besmissed by the Kaiser or by a 2/3's vote of the Landsraad.
LB, VIII, D, 1, b: wrote:b. Any denizen of Shireroth who creates a Political Party is liable to punishment by the Kaiser, Landsraad and/or Judex.
LB, VIII, F, 2, d: wrote:d. Any punishment handed down by the Kaiser.
LB, VIII, M, 4: wrote:4. The Kaiser, shall decide the exact length of the banishment keeping in mind Articles 2 and 3 of this bill. It is preferable that he first discuss the matter with the Landsraad.
LB, IX, A, 2, b: wrote:b. The Landsraad maintains the right to place further regulation upon those applying for citizenship.
LB, IX, B, 1: wrote:1. No citizen of Shireroth may hold official allegiance to four or more nations while he/she is a citizen of Shireroth.
LB, IX, B, 3: wrote:3. If a citizen comes into violation of these requirements, he/she must remedy the situation within one Shirerithian week. (14 days). The Kaiser may shorten or extend this period.
LB, IX, B, 4-5: wrote:4. The Landsraad may place further restriction upon citizenship as long as they do not counter the spirit or the word of this law.
5. The Landsraad may abolish multi-citizenship within the empire entirely if it deems fit to do so.
LB, X, C, 2, a: wrote:a. The Kaiser may delegate this authority to any duly appointed and authorized emissary.
LB, XIII, B, 2.2: wrote:2.2 Crown Currency represents the total sum of Erb not in general circulation and shall be held in The Crown Account. The Crown Account shall act as the account of The Government Of Shireroth under the authority of The Kaiser as delegated to the Minister of Trade.
LB, XIII, B, 2.4: wrote:2.4 The Crown Account may not be drawn on by The Kaiser himself for personal use, but the sum funds residing in The Crown Account are reserved for the purpose of government spending as determined by The Kaiser, The Steward or by Act of the Landsraad.
LB, XIII, B, 2.5: wrote:2.5 The Kaiser may hold a personal account known as "The Household Account" which remains the personal property of the reigning Kaiser. This account is subject to the authority of The Arbiter as noted below.
LB, XIII, B, 4: wrote:4. The Arbiter shall act as auditor of any and all accounts registered within The Imperial Republic Of Shireroth. The Arbiter shall have access to any and all bank records and transactions and is charged with Royal warrant to investigate any financial issue. All disputes regarding a financial nature shall be presided over by The Arbiter. The Arbiter is warranted to apply fines, restrictions and procedural limitations on any account or company registered within the Imperial Republic Of Shireroth with the exception to the accounts held by The Crown, but not limited to personal accounts held by the monarch.
LB, XIII, C, 1.1: wrote:1.1 Erb may be traded and owned only by citizens of The Imperial Republic of Shireroth and limited to trade within the Realm unless otherwise decreed by The Kaiser or by act of Landsraad.
LB, XIII, D, 1, b: wrote:b. Additional Erb may be added to circulation as required by the authority of The Kaiser or by Act of landsraad.
LB, XIII, D, 1, d: wrote:d. Additional distributions may be made By The Kaiser or by Act of Landsraad from The Crown account or by regular functions of the economy as stated within this Law.
LB, XIII, D, 1, e: wrote:e. The transfer of currency between two parties (either company or citizen) may be done so at will but remain subject to potential audit if required by The Kaiser, The Arbiter or by Act of Landsraad.
LB, XIII, E, 5: wrote:5. The Kaiser is empowered to distribute further money by decree as he sees fit.
LB, XIII, G, 1: wrote:1. Citizens wishing to register a Business within the Imperial Republic Of Shireroth must register within the Ministry of Trade. They must state who the primary owner of the company is and is limited to one owner. Profits gained by the company will be deposited into the owner's account and distributed by the owner as they see fit. Companies engaging in international trade are forbidden to exchange erb with a foreign currency, or give erb to non-citizens of The Imperial Republic Of Shireroth unless otherwise stated by The Kaiser or by Act of Landsraad.
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Kaiseress Anandja I

Re: LawBook Cleanup Bill

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

I think most of the deletions are pretty self explanatory. There is no reason to have LawBook rules that place unenforcable restrictions on the Kaiser, there is also no need to say that the Landsraad "may enact further rules" since that is also pretty obvious. I've also added some repetitions, especially in the Economy section, for deletion.

There is also no need to worry. I do not intend to grab money or anything, I am merely going to move some of the economical restrictions on the Kaiser to the DecreeBook where they will actually be binding instead of pointless.
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Nathan of Natopia

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

Elwynn AYE
Nathan,
Prophet of the Butter Bull,
Head Missionary of the Bovic Dominion of Natopia,
Natopian Representative to the Small Commonwealth,
Member of the Roth Zera of Elwynnese Realm

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Kildare AYE.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Yardistan Aye.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Syr William

Post by Syr William »

Brookshire votes YEA.

Nathan of Natopia

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

passes 4-0
Nathan,
Prophet of the Butter Bull,
Head Missionary of the Bovic Dominion of Natopia,
Natopian Representative to the Small Commonwealth,