Do we wanna weigh in on this?

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Erik Mortis

Do we wanna weigh in on this?

Post by Erik Mortis »

We the Landsraad, as the Dukes and High Nobles of the land could weigh in on this issue of who the Kaiser oughta be, A simple vote of support could proly clear everything up quite nicely. What say my fellow Nobles?

Prodigy Almighty

Re: Do we wanna weigh in on this?

Post by Prodigy Almighty »

I, as Count of Mirioth, Amity and So-sara, in the Duchy Yardistan, support Jayatar as Kaiser. :kaiser If necessary, I intend to back up this support. :nuclear :smashy
Boris Ivanovich Serov ronToketi VI
Executor of Chelkran Kesh
King of Kagan conToketi
Baron of Absentia, Yardistan

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

The Duchy of Froyalan supports Jayatar as Kaiser.
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Kaiser Loki II

Post by Kaiser Loki II »

Yardistan, of course, supports Loki II, but wishes for a Raynor.

Interestingly enough, if Maksym accepts my appointment of him to Brookshire, he will come and vote for my adversary, who, if successful, would make my appointment of him illegitimate, which means he could not vote against me.

Grandfather paradox, in a manner of speaking.
Loki II, Kaiser of Shireroth
The Awaited One, Bearer of the Sword
Traditional King of the Mala'anje
Former Vryheer of Maraguo

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

In the absence of Duke Ari, I petition the remaining Lords of Straylight to support Kaiser Loki II.

And since I've just be reminded by my own remark, I'd also like to petition the Lords of Straylight to grant me the position of Count of Blavatsky.

Kaiser Loki II

Post by Kaiser Loki II »

Thank you.

Kaiser Loki II

Post by Kaiser Loki II »

below
Last edited by Kaiser Loki II on Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiser Loki II

Post by Kaiser Loki II »

I regret my harsh words earlier. I'm sure my rival is a nice enough fellow, and apologize for any damage to his honor.

However, what has he done for Shireroth? Where was he when the very Demons of Dissolution threatened, when even Malarbor was discouraged?

I was here, fighting for the very existence of Shireroth, with few to back me. Many expected me to make an old fashioned Jacobian claim on the land, and I did not. I put aside all of my private plans to support the survival and revival of the nation.

I said before, I would support an Erikian Kaisership for as often and as long as the Gods deemed such, but our beloved Mors V was taken from us, too soon, too soon. Should an heir from the senior bloodlines be found, a more direct descendant of Raynor I, he would find no more loyal supporter than I.

I would find it difficult to support with such zeal the master of the Dead Sheep's Head.

Let THIS BE OUR STANDARD: http://www.shireroth.org/wiki/images/3/ ... teflag.gif

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

Let THIS BE OUR STANDARD: http://www.shireroth.org/wiki/images/3/ ... teflag.gif
Captain Obvious over here! That's always been our standard, Your Could-Be Niftiness ;)

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Umm... I still am Duke of Brookshire. Just pointing out.

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

You know, only 2 of the 5 dukes have voted... Who remains? Brookshire, Kildare, and Straylight, correct? This may be an interesting vote, indeed.

And if I may point something out, there are some of you considering a Babkhan as Kaiser. Considering recent events, I have deep rooted fears that the appointment of Jayatar may end up in another "gift" for Babkha. I truly believe that the well-being of Shireroth is not foremost in Jayatar's mind. He may have given up his citizenship, but that was only, what, yesterday? There is something fishy here, and it is for that reason that I believe it is in the best interests of Shireroth for Loki II to sit the Mango Throne.

(Jayatar, I mean no offense, but I must protect Shireroth and playing it safe and backing Loki II is the best way I know how at the moment.)

Kaiser Loki II

Post by Kaiser Loki II »

Should a "Kaiser Jayatar" attempt such a "Gift" thing, there would be an independent Yardistan in 20 seconds.

And those that doubt me, don't know me very well. :evil :nuclear

BTW, friend Maksym, "Captain Obvious" means that the symbol of my cause is the symbol of a free Shireroth, the flag as it has always been, not a piece of taxidermy, (however well done.)

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Don't worry Liam, if such a thing happened there would be more than just Yardistan revolting. But I trust Jayatar to stay true to Shireroth on this ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Kaiser Loki II

Post by Kaiser Loki II »

Again, what has Jayatar done for Shireroth ? I do not doubt his diplomatic, persuasive skill, (which is presently attempting to be lodged between my third and fourth ribs) and I laud what he has done for Babkha, but what has he done for Shireroth ?

Now, other than my ill-timed attempt to woo Brookshire, (boy, what egg on my face there!) who have I tried to buy? Have I not attempted to act according to law and custom?

I will point out that I cleaned up my micronational act some time ago, not in a hurried ex post facto attempt to take a throne. If such an opportunity had not arisen, I seriously doubt that our friend would have renounced his Babkhan citizenship. If he is unsuccessful in his attempt, does anyone want to take bets on how long it will be before he is Babkhan again?

He has even offered me my old job as Steward in the attempt to buy my support, although I believe at least two others were also offered the job. ('Twould be wise for his supporters to compare notes on who has been promised what.)

Gods have mercy, I was sorely tempted. Civil War so soon after the last one would not be a healthy thing. I've debated a quiet retirement, wikifying, writing history, maybe some jouranlism, polishing my FNORD.

Under the House of Raynor or its more senior cadet lines, I might be able to do that. But not under the Banner of the Dead Sheep.

Campaigning? Maybe. I need the support of Shirithians of good will. I request your support.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Jacobus, I don't doubt you'd do well. I just think Jayatar is going to win this little dispute, and a Baron's gotta consider his prospects in the big wide world ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

h4773r's Herald
Location: Moving his effects into Lune Villa (video games, ordnance) Upper Lunaris, Neurac, Brookshire

Post by h4773r's Herald »

This is front gate so i can yell out front of the government building as well.

OFICIALLY! im not even a count yet, but i WAS a Baron-about-to-be-a-duke and i think at least 2 Shirithian's who have consistently been citizens for over 6 months consider me someone with some input into matters.

I say "elder bloodline" i.e. Raynor/Mor > Loki II > Jaytar . . heh > penisberg (jess, as much as i like family, guy, nice reference by the way, it doesnt quite work here, i forgive you)

Erik is the good ol guy, hes the man with the . . well, Shireroth is his fault. and i know nothing HORRIBLE will happen with him at the helm, heck, any buddy of knapp is a buddy . . well, someone i can get along with.

Jacobus, i didnt know the old "evil" jacobus, but yes, this one seemed pretty groovy to me, dedicated to shireroth from day one of his resurgence, thats why i backed him, not JUST from the LG&C thing (which hasnt gotten me anything but a shiny, fake sheriff badge, hehe) AND, stewards usualy step in FOR the kaiser, i dont see why one wouldnt step in AFTER the kaiser. he ALSO, has a failry solid bloodline, which . . well, doesnt mean all that much to me, but it helps

Jaytar . . well, sure, if he was willing to drop babkha, thats a gesture of sencerity, and non babkhan shirithians are supporting him, crazy . . aright
AND . . should he go nuts shortly after ascending the throne and declare us a subsidiary to babkha, well, thats a hole lot of poo in the fan . . .

so yeah . . .
H4773r 3lfs0n, The Traveler
Count of Upper Lunaris
Baron of Neurac
Sheriff of the Historical L.G. & C. and Concurrent Lands
"Blessed" of Melvin, High Priest of B00/\/\ism
A.C.E and P.h.D. in M.U.K.T.A.S.E.N.

Yvain Wintersong

Post by Yvain Wintersong »

Ynnraile and Ynnraile-occupied Neurac currently support Loki II, unless Jayatar can change my mind.

All the points made above are good ones. Jacobus, from what I have heard, was one of the only people to stick with Shireroth through its darkest hour. That speaks well for his personal qualities. He was the Steward of Kaiser Mors V. That speaks well for his experience. And he is a single-citizen of Shireroth. That speaks well for his patriotism.

Hesam Jahandar seems like a very intelligent, experienced, and creative person, but I'm less certain of his loyalty than Jacobus'. If I were in his position, I would leave Babkha for just long enough to become Kaiser, and then rejoin - either after decreeing the one-cit rule invalid, or after serving my few months on the throne. This shows an admirable respect for tradition, but the spirit of the one-cit rule is that the Kaiser should have no connection, either official or spiritual, with a foreign power. Of course, Hesam might be less conniving than I am and not be thinking this at all, and if he promises he has no plans to rejoin Babkha in the future, I will admit I was wrong.

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

I don't see how we can benefit from our future Kaiser dropping his Babkhan citizenship. Remember, until the Mango-Camel Pact, Shireroth and Babkha were at eachothers' throats, If I remember correctly. Having a Kaiser as a citizen of both gives us a finger in each pie, so to speak.
Also, yes- Hesham may have done lots more work for Babkha than he has for Shireroth butthat's all down to the simple fact that he held a more important and influential position over there, so of course he did. We've seen the work he's done in Babkha so it's only intelligent to assume that he would do the same- or even more perhaps- with a position of even more seniority in Shireroth.

Yvain Wintersong

Post by Yvain Wintersong »

I don't see how we can benefit from our future Kaiser dropping his Babkhan citizenship. Remember, until the Mango-Camel Pact, Shireroth and Babkha were at eachothers' throats, If I remember correctly. Having a Kaiser as a citizen of both gives us a finger in each pie, so to speak. Also, yes- Hesham may have done lots more work for Babkha than he has for Shireroth but that's all down to the simple fact that he held a more important and influential position over there, so of course he did. We've seen the work he's done in Babkha so it's only intelligent to assume that he would do the same- or even more perhaps- with a position of even more seniority in Shireroth.
We don't need a finger in the pie of Babkha and a finger in the pie of Shireroth. We ARE Shireroth. The Kaiser should be entirely inside the pie of Shireroth, baked into the crust like a delicious Kaiser-flavored jam, without any of his digits poking out into other, foreign pies.

I don't believe Hesam is itching to betray us. I don't even think he would have an easy way to enrich Babkha at our expense even if he wanted to. I just think that, deep down in his heart, Hesam is Babkhan. Most of his work in Shireroth - which has been good work - has been helping the Khan role-play an attempt to Babkhanize Elwynn. In the role-playing he's doing in his County, he seems to be trying to Babkhanize the Hyperboreans, with help from other Babkhans. There's nothing wrong with that; it's a good story thread - but I'm not convinced he understands Shireroth's unique culture and way of life. I don't fully understand it myself, not as well as people like Erik and Ari, but I know I want to understand it and I'm trying. I don't know if Hesam can say that or if he will just say "Here's how we Babkhans do things, I think that's better." I mean, look at his first action as Kaiser - taking the Babkhan name Jayatar when most Kaisers use a traditional Shirerothian god.

I'm not prejudiced against foreigners. If someone like Andreas were to claim the throne, I would think that was great. The few times I've gone to Gralus, I've seen Andreas talking about how great Shireroth is and how he wants everyone there to join it, and when I'm here, I see Andreas studying Shireroth things and becoming Shirerothianized. I haven't seen that in Hesam, and so I am more careful about him than I might otherwise be.

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

You've come to Gralus? Hmm...I need to pay more attention...but I'm busy administrating those boards, so I might have missed it...

Anyway, who says you need to be in a position of high power to do work for a nation. A year and a half ago, Andreas (yes, another Andreas reference) was nothing (almost, no offense), and yet he was critical in molding Novatainia into what it is now. Heck, he's never held a title in Toketi but he's still made his mark.

Kaiser Jayatar

Post by Kaiser Jayatar »

Alright,

Originally I was going to refrain from posting in here so that there would be a place where individuals could decide without being hounded by the candidates. However, since this has already happened I figure this would be the best place to formally set out my agenda. Before that, I will once again defend the genuine nature of my intentions.

I was a Shirerothian back in 2002, I knew of Shireroth even before that time as I was the Foreign Affairs minister of a long dead micronation known as Norad. During those years I was known under a different name, but I spoke with Erik a great deal over AIM regarding any issue of the day whether it be Tymaria, Scott Alexanders Fireball and Skyline, or over just what was going on in Shireroth. A bit later on, I left Shireroth and Babkha to co-found Baracao, a micronation that still has a stunning rep to this day and many years after its destruction. After that I created "The Grand Archive" which was a predecessor to the wiki. I worked many many hours taking relevant information from every micronation I could find in hopes of preserving the history of our community. The Grand Archive still exists today for anyone that is interested, although many of the posts are gone now. It was during that time that I decided to ask some questions of Bill3000. The concept of Apollo and Soloralism was intriguing as it was the first instance of an entirely synthetic religion and culture. At the time Shireroth rejected the idea that it was also Apollo, but for all intents and purposes it was. This was when my research and study of Apollo history and Shireroth began.

Way way back then, at a time when Hyperborea was an independent state, I recall visiting but never understood the culture. During the Tymaria crisis I was in Babkha and was not able to see the internal workings of that Empire through an objective lense. It was also in these early years that I began researching the practicality of introducing a virtual environomento micronations. I also worked heavily on that Holy Grail of micronations known as the working economy. Somewhere during 2004, I lost my constant internet connection and was inactive for a number of years, visiting only periodically.

When I returned to micronations with a new stable internet connection, I was shocked to find the changes in the sector. There was no movement toward "New technology" or innovations in the sector, Babkha had become a husk of its former glory, Shireroth was basically just as dead and there were only a handful of the old guard remaining. Over the past 8 months, I have worked diligently to bring Babkha back into its former glory. This time last year, Babkha was an empty forum with NO MCS land, barely any active citizens and was merely a province within a nearly as equally dead Empire known as the GC. Since that time I have taken great care to use Babkha as an opportunity to test new initiatives including my economic system, the virtual community and a complete redo of the Babkhan constitution. I didn´t do this single handedly, which is my point. Through new ideas we were able to get new people into Babkha, and while we may not have the 50 posts a day we had in august, we are still active and stable.

Babkha, can get on without me now. It had its first election in 4 years last month and is now able to continue on, there is very little else I can do for that nation now. I still intend to post there as a friend to the Kingdom, and to keep its post counts up, perhaps share new ideas, but that is it, I gave Babkha the fuel and a direction to move, now it has to get there.

With Shireroth, the reason I joined up is because I wanted to originally be a member of both communities. Many of the old guard of Shireroth were friends of mine and while they´ve mostly departed the hobby, I still liked to visit. When the opportunity came up to become Count of Hyperborea, I couldn´t resist. I knew very little about it, although as I previously mentioned I could recall a time when it was t. Harald was kind enough to appoint me count. Upon doing so, Scott Alexander had a similar reaction as many Shirerothians are having now. "You´re going to turn this into a Babkhan Colony!" he cried, but to date, I´ve done no such thing and do not wish to either. The only thing I´ve done is co-authored a story with Scott about my trip to Hyperborea, it is not an invasion piece. If you read it, you´ll realize it´s a "Fish Out Of Water" story. I´ve done absolutely nothing to compromise the integrity of Hyperborea and nor will I. When I was in the Khans County, I was going with a Babkhan colonization theme. Then I decided against it, I don´t live in anyone elses shadow and I decided I wanted my own territory. Because of that, the Babkhanization storyline ended.

Now then, the question of what are my intentions as Kaiser. Well all I can say is that my aim is the preservation of Shireroth as an independent and sovereign micronation. I know where I stand and so long as Erik is active its still his micronation, I´m not out to steal his thunder. I have ideas, many ideas. If I became Kaiser I would instil a policy of straw vote for each idea. My ethos is that new ideas bring new discussion, new discussion brings activity and if the ideas work, it will be as a result of that activity.

I have an entire agenda for Shireroth, briefly I will list them:

1. Return of rightful MCS lands to Shireroth

2. Review and study possibilities of establishing an economy

3. Breaking new ground into Micronations.net if it has popular support.

4. Working on my concept for a "Mutual Emergency Activity Treaty" an initiative where close neighbours would ensure they help with forum activity during slow periods

5. A possible virtual environment for Shireroth depending on popular support and cost

6. A public relations initiative which would send diplomats to new countries for support and old countries for allies. Only through public image can Shireroth expect to gain new citizens, and new citizeMy personal project is going to be working on a comprehensive history of Shireroth, going through all the old threads, essays and books and coming up with some ideas regarding it.

8. Bringing old Apollo culture back in certain forms to honour them. Perhaps a County of Jasonia or Audentor

9. Organising the militaries of Shireroth to be premier in the sector, establishing a new and vital stick to back the diplomatic initiatives while still respecting traditions over anything else.

10. The reintroduction of the Charter

11. Establishing a dedicated legal eagle, someone who will be the legal expert on Shirerothian law.

12. Taking those laws and making them the standard for other nations to follow.

13. Updating the site and forums

There are others, many others. And those that do not believe I can accomplish this, well I´ve done it before, and I will do it again.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I can confirm that I have been pleasantly surprised by Hesam's conduct as Count of Hyperborea. Although as a non-citizen I'm not going to weigh in on the whole Kaiser thing, I think Hesam's a very serious candidate.

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

Seriousness in not Shirithian! (Unless you're Ari, and even his seriousness is questionable).

Kaiser Loki II

Post by Kaiser Loki II »

Sounds like Siberian Fox or maybe Yuri? :D

Who were you sir? My name has been known, Jacobus, since 1999. Who were you, hmmmm?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I, the Duke of Kildare, support Kaiser Loki II.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Kaiser Jayatar

Post by Kaiser Jayatar »

I was Conrad Cromien, of Norad and then the PRNSE.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I remember that name.

Is your plan to reinstate the Charter in it's current form, or do you plan to change it?

Legal Eagle.. hehe...BIIIIIIIIIRD MAN!

Kaiser Jayatar

Post by Kaiser Jayatar »

Harvey Steffke Attorney at law.

I would have to look into the charter more closely, but the idea would be to review it and decide which bits are MUST HAVE and which can be changed or updated. The charter would also be dependent on where the nation wants to go. I should mention that as Kaiser I am very much for External Affairs, getting Shireroth back into the minds of the newer smaller nations who may eventually become citizens. I don't believe Shireroth should stay isolated and insular. So the charter would likely be effected by that stance.

Jess

Post by Jess »

The so called traitor/Babkhan Jayatar wants to be Kaiser, Eh? Would you REALLY want a Babkhan as a Kaiser (The babkhans that formed the GSO? The babkhans that would put you in a salt mine?)

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

Jess, we're beyond that point... :no

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”