RE: Landsraad Procedure

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Philip Locke

RE: Landsraad Procedure

Post by Philip Locke »

As per the Ilquen Farnë's Rules of Procedures, Debate, and Motions:Quote:Legislation FormatBelow is the format that must be used when presenting legislation before the Ilquen Farnë.Title: Name of legislationPurpose: A brief description of the purpose of the below legislationSupporting statements:1. Whereas, supporting statement #1 2. Whereas, supporting statement #23. Whereas, supporting statement #3etc.Enactments:Be it decided by the Ilquen Farnë ;1. Enactment #12. Enactment #23. Enactment #3etc.The subject line of new legislation must be DEBATE: [Legislation Name]. After 72 hours of debate the Arandur will make a new thread labeled VOTE: [Legislation Name]. Voting will last for 72 hours. After that time the Arandur will announce if it passed or failed and the Elentari will sign or veto.Legislation not following this format will be removed from the floor of the Farnë.MotionsTo allow for a more effective legislature, a small group of formal motions have been devised. Motion to Extend Debate- This motion extends debate for 24 hours. It can be used no more than twice for a particular piece of legislation.Motion to Extend Voting- The motion extends voting for 24 hours. It can be used no more than twice for a particular piece of legislation.Motion to Table- This motion postpones the debate and voting on of a bill. Legislation can be tabled for no more than 72 hours without the express consent of the Elentari.Motion to Vote- This motion moves a piece of legislation immediately to voting, skipping the remaining time of debate.Any citizen may make a motion but it needs to be seconded in order for it to be considered by the Arandur. The Elentari may override the Arandur's decision on whether or not to accept the motion.DiscussionsIf a citizen wishes to talk about a topic with other citizens without writing up a bill then they can open a formal discussion. To do so, create a new thread labeled DISCUSSION: [Topic subject]. Discussions are not confined to a certain length of time and are closed at the discretion of the Arandur.I devised this a while ago for the OAM, and it worked very well there. With a procedural act currently being debated in the Landsraad, I thought that I might present this to the rest of the community for thoughts and comments. It would be slightly redesigned to fit RS, of course...Certain parts would need to be amended or completely taken out.Oh, and I'll save you all some time - "MENELMACAR!? BOO-HISS!"

Erik Mortis

Re: RE: Landsraad Procedure

Post by Erik Mortis »

On the contrary..HISS-BOOOOO! MENELMACAR! Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Kaiser Wyltheow I

Re: RE: Landsraad Procedure

Post by Kaiser Wyltheow I »

We've got a pretty good procedure...it just needs some more fine tweeking...every so often... Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”