Devolution of Baronies?

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Scott of Hyperborea

Re: Devolution of Baronies?

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

They did once. But during the Great Consolidation, we had to go to one Duke one Vote like the old days. I would support the recreation of the 10 Vote distribution system, and readmit Barons. But yes, barons are supposed to vote for the Praetor.

This bill removes Barons as nobles in all but name. Makes them meaningless and useless. The next step will be to remove their noble status outright. And it will come to that. Cause if we want this far, why not go further.

We should be making Baron more useful, not less. More meaningful, not less. We have a growing citizen base, we should be making more positions, not less. This bill is the sort of bill we should pass when we are shrinking as a nation.
I...actually find myself agreeing with you. Whoa.

I proposed removing Baronies because right now they are meaningless in reality so they might as well be meaningless legally as well. I didn't try to make them meaningful because I thought you'd oppose it. But if you support it...well...that works.

It gets complicated, though. For example, should we give Dukes the option to ennoble everyone in their Duchy and grant them one vote, thus making it effectively a democracy? I think it would be neat and add another dimension to local government, but I imagine Landsraad purists would oppose it.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

10 votes max per duchy. Doesn't matter to me how a Duke spreads it out.

Us pureists can just look down on the landless Barons. ("Sad little wanna-be Baron...")

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

In that case, I totally support this new idea of Erik's. Although I would rather have the ten vote system decoupled from the Baron system - ie the Duke can have a commoner who votes and a Baron who doesn't, if that's what ze wants.

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

Almost everyone in Shireroth is a baron now, it's become a commodity. We cannot let everyone in to the Landsraad, God!, that would make us almost a democracy!

Uhm. BUt I'm up for democracy :P
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I don't want Commoner voting in the Landsraad. Barons are nobles.. I'm okey with them. (I am one)

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

W T F @ this democracy in Shireroth talk. Do you know long I tried to ... !!!!

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

What democracy?

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”