Forum sharing

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Jonas

Forum sharing

Post by Jonas »

The forum: http://bastionunion.org/forum/index.php

I'm just going to copy Andreas' text. It should make things clear for those who haven't had the time to read the topic.
Andreas the Wise wrote:I'm starting this topic for those of you who missed the initial sounding out of the idea, or can't be bothered to read the five pages of posts on it that appeared in the last week. I will stress that nothing has been confirmed yet beyond that a bunch of us are keen to do it; we are not yet committed to moving, and even if we were, we will not move until we've agreed to it. Since that thread got out of hand and jumbled up, though, it seems best to start a new one here for Gralan Citizens Only so we can confirm people are not strongly opposed to it, and work out the practical forum stuff Gralan side.

So the idea is this. It has been proposed and discussed for two months that we should share a forum with other nations. We'll have combined chat, economy and EGaD forums. Some of them will help me visit other nations as diplomats, and vice versa. Then there will be a section for each nation, and our section will be the same as it has always been except with the above mentioned forums elsewhere. We have the option to leave at any time, but we don't plan to. Our hope in doing this is that we will get more people involved in our roleplays, have more interaction with other cool micronationalists, and get a better go at the economy (with more people around).

The forum will probably look something like this: http://bastionunion.org/forum/index.php
That is the base set up for the new forum, though of course we can change it as we will.
Our area will probably look extremely similar to how it currently looks. The exact details of that are to be worked out in this thread. You can see I've put in the top level forums already.

Trying to keep this post brief. I'll just close with this:
What will not change
- We will not stop being Gralus, a separate and sovereign nation
- We will not stop making our own laws (occasionally)
- We will not stop using EGaD
- We will not stop having subforums for each province
- We will not stop having a magic forum as part of our boards
- We will not stop the Destruction Zone
- We will not stop using our current, Gralus-only wiki
- We will not stop paying people for posts
- We will not stop being the most awesome nation on Micras.

What will change
- We won't be using this particular forum once we've fully transitioned. It will of course remain fully viewable as an archive, like the present Novatainia, Toketi, Relaram and Jokerdom forums (which will also stay up).
- Triumvirs and Provincial Leaders won't have admin powers. We'll have four dedicated admin instead of just me, and they'll do it all for you.
- We may not have a separate NNN announcement box (we might do all the nations announcements in the one box - we need to talk about this a little more. I'd personally like to still have separate boxes).
- We probably won't be able to have pretty colours on all our names. In exchange, though, we might be able to talk Ari into displaying multiple titles so you can actually tell all the positions people hold, not just the one Andreas thinks has the prettiest colour.
- I think it would be worth not having forums for cities, and just for regions. This only really effects Novatainia.

What we will gain
- More people participating in EGaD with us
- More cool people around the board in general
- Other nations doing fun stuff that we can easily visit if we want to
- Joint projects with other nations all hosted on our forums
- A working economy (hopefully)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Jonas

Re: Forum sharing

Post by Jonas »

I would like to have some (informal) vote about it. Clearly, I would give it a try.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

So this would abolish the MiniInt. (as you are removing the admin powers of the MiniInt. I might be MiniInt (Am I?) right now, but I'm not always gonna wanna be.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Erik Mortis wrote:So this would abolish the MiniInt. (as you are removing the admin powers of the MiniInt. I might be MiniInt (Am I?) right now, but I'm not always gonna wanna be.
Hhmm. I don't think that's the the biggest problem, is it? :p

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

It's a change to Shireroth's internal structure that seems to be have overlooked.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Erik Mortis wrote:It's a change to Shireroth's internal structure that seems to be have overlooked.
That's true, but I can't really call it a big change... :p

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

It just forces me to do all the work when it might not be my job in the future and effects the internal operation of the nation, something I've been assured will not happen.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Erik Mortis wrote:It just forces me to do all the work when it might not be my job in the future and effects the internal operation of the nation, something I've been assured will not happen.
It doesn't really abolish MiniInt. It just means that the Shirithian MiniInt doesn't automatically get board admin (which after the Ardy incident is, I'm sure, an understandable necessity of shared boards). They can still maintain the website. Shirithians get more, not less people there to answer their admin requests (four now, not one or two). And Erik and Ari are still two of those people (and let's face it, nobody else has been MiniInt for more than a couple months except for you two). So I don't really see what the problem was ...

(In fact, I'd never thought before that the MiniInt might get admin by virtue of their position. I'm just used to Scott, Erik, Ari and the Kaiser having admin powers. Didn't Edgard take up MiniInt for a bit? I don't recall him getting admin ...)
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I tihnk he was MiniImNat.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Is there any discussion from you guys on this end? Natopia is already in, Nelaga will officially switch to Bastion in... oh, about a half hour or so, and Gralus is probably going to swap over shortly when Andreas comes back from LOA and finds enough support it to give it a shot. I don't mean to pressure you to rush, but if we're going to set up the joint stuff of the union and figure out what we do and do not want to have shared, it would be superb to have Shireroth represented in these discussions.

Daniel Farewell

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Just have a Landsraad vote, peeps.

Kaiser Fish XII

Post by Kaiser Fish XII »

I will put it in the landsraad now.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Cheers

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

The fact that the main board is the theme of member nation is bothering me... greatly. And the loss of Malarbor. My uneasiness is growing about this whole idea. I'm starting to feel like we are just starting the slow destruction of Shireroth's culture and heritage...

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

This is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about having an input on.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Erik Mortis wrote:The fact that the main board is the theme of member nation is bothering me... greatly.
That would be caused by my unconscionable laziness. I originally intended to make Nelaga's theme the interim common theme, being that Nelaga's the smallest of the joining nations and I couldn't be bothered to install more themes than the ones for the existing nations, but I decided to pick the "least special" one instead, and that happened to be Gralus's. If someone comes up with a common theme I will install it as the common theme... eventually...
And the loss of Malarbor.
It takes like five lines of code to add a new forum that announcements are drawn from and to put an announcement box using it in a board style. Andreas already did that for one new announcement box for Gralus. Malarbor will be there as usual for Shireroth, but won't reign over the common forum.... probably. Or maybe it will, some days. You can configure the announcer picture and the "X says:" text in the announcement post now.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Well, this was the first time I actually found the forum/had the time. But now I have imputted. And now must vanish for 2 days.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Erik Mortis wrote:I'm starting to feel like we are just starting the slow destruction of Shireroth's culture and heritage...
Says someone who tries to destroy the Duchies... :D

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Says someone who opposed that plan.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Says someone who... ehhh... has no avatar?

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Yeah, not much for them...

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”