The Future of MiniEx

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Allot

The Future of MiniEx

Post by Allot »

I'd like people's opinions, since everyone had one for the three treaties. I'd like to know:

1) Who thinks that there is a point to mutual recognition (apart from me)? Is giving the MiniEx the authority to unilaterally sign treaties of mutual recognition (i.e. Treaty-in-a-can) like Ari suggested a good idea (yes)?

2) What people think the actual point of diplomatic relations are, since there is no trading and no war. What's the point? And is there a point in continuing active foreign policy? Is it better to adopt a "we don't talk unless you come to US" policy?

3) Where do people see Shirithian foreign policy going from here? Is there an Afghanistan that the US of Micras can invade?

4)
Malliki Tosha wrote:I authorized the MiniEx to issue Statements of Recognition, but that seems to be ignored now.
Could I have that in writing please?

Thank you for helping us to help you to help us,
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Erik Mortis

Re: The Future of MiniEx

Post by Erik Mortis »

I see no reason for the MiniEx not to be able to sign Treaties-in-a-Can.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

1) I think there is a point to mutual recognition, but not to mutual recognition treaties. I would much more like Shireroth to just issue a "Letter of Recognition" or something like that to nations we "recognize". The treaty is useless.

2) The point of diplomatic relations is to advertise Shireroth. I see the point as being talking to other nations, maybe sign treaties that mean something, and hopefully get more visitors to Shireroth. Going around signing pointless treaties that are forgotten within a week is pointless though.

4) http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11275
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Thomas Gaudin

Post by Thomas Gaudin »

Malliki Tosha wrote: 2) The point of diplomatic relations is to advertise Shireroth. I see the point as being talking to other nations, maybe sign treaties that mean something, and hopefully get more visitors to Shireroth. Going around signing pointless treaties that are forgotten within a week is pointless though.
I totally agree. I think the only real objective of our foreign policy (other than recreational stuffs) should be to advertise and promote Shireroth.
Thomas Gaudin
- Count of Woodshire -

Daniel Farewell

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Instead of signing and ratifying treaties that actually mean nothing, we'll go abroad, talk to people, continue our diplocorps thing, and get people interested in Shireroth.

The ambassadors overseas would have a duty of representing Shireroth, be a friendly face, informing the public there of Shirerithian affairs and of course, representing Shirerithian interests. For example, I saw in this other country they have a document against Communism. This goes against Shirerithian interests. We're trying to continue our good relationship with that country, then that sort of thing happens. I realize we're not communists, we're feudalists. The whole of that document outlines that this country will support democratic tendencies in undemocracies, that is, where public officials are not elected by the people.

The ambassador to such nation would then have to issue statements. Also, it would be good if we engaged in the public life of those nations, letting people see who we are and that we are, even abroad.

Or summat like that.. All over I agree with Lord Tosha.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

1. Yes. But mutual recognition should be packaged with whatever initial treaty you initiate diplomacy with. e.g. If you have a mutual recognition and peace treaty, then it works. But mutual recognition alone does not.

2. The point of diplomatic relations is to lay the smack down on people when they ask for it (e.g. Ocia, etc). And the further point is not to simply advertise, but to promote a more cohesive community amongst micronations; similar to the role of the MCS, but on an independent national level. While trade may not exist right now, that is not to say that such amenities won't be developed in the future. So why eliminate the option?

3. Amokolistan :evil
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Daniel Farewell

Post by Daniel Farewell »

A communiqué of establishing diplomatic relations is far enough. It's not legally binding, but morally. I think that is a lot better than having a situation where we are forceed to "recognize" a country. Of course they exist, diplomatic relations can then be broken, and reprimanded more easily, allowing for intrigues :yay:

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

*cough* Trade has existed for some time. It's just handled by MiniTrade (in the case of the MCS resource map), or by private citizens (via the Small Commonwealth United Economy).
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Allot

Post by Allot »

Please note that I have nothing against these suggestions, I am seeing where this goes as I am still floundering in the sea of Lack of Policy Direction.
Daniel Llai wrote:Instead of signing and ratifying treaties that actually mean nothing,
FINE. I get it.
we'll go abroad,
Check.
talk to people, continue our diplocorps thing,
Which is what, exactly? Should we go back to the Austi-Scot-one-diplomat fits all model?
and get people interested in Shireroth.
The ambassadors overseas would have a duty of representing Shireroth, be a friendly face, informing the public there of Shirerithian affairs and of course, representing Shirerithian interests.
From my perspective, this means that once a month the MiniEx condenses all the Malarbox posts into one document and sends it to every micronation. A bit crude, perhaps. but the general idea is there. The issue is time - specifically, no one has time to actively participate in more than five (and that's pushing it unless you're Corey) nations. I can barely deal with one. And honestly, there are too many nations and not enough ambassadors.
For example, I saw in this other country they have a document against Communism. This goes against Shirerithian interests. We're trying to continue our good relationship with that country, then that sort of thing happens. I realize we're not communists, we're feudalists. The whole of that document outlines that this country will support democratic tendencies in undemocracies, that is, where public officials are not elected by the people.
Was it you who said micronational foreign relations were a bad joke? (I think it was Harvey actually, sorry). No one is ever going to act on this sort of thing, so why should we? Playing DA here, the worst we can expect is attempted fascist recruitment from Astopov.
Also, it would be good if we engaged in the public life of those nations, letting people see who we are and that we are, even abroad.
I suppose the main issue remains: who is willing to be an active part of four different nations? I can barely keep up with one. Is this just a lack of effort on my part, or is there some bigger flaw that I'm missing?
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Allot wrote:Please note that I have nothing against these suggestions, I am seeing where this goes as I am still floundering in the sea of Lack of Policy Direction.
Hereby nominating Lack of Polcy Direction as a new sanct. :)

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

It's not you, Allot. Perhaps we could set up some portal to Shireroth of sorts, a page on Shirewiki, with all the basic information about Shireroth, as well as contact info. This way, we can stop by once in a while in other nations and say "Hi, here's our foreign relations portal".
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Allot

Post by Allot »

I suppose what I'm asking is: What do you want me to do? You have options:

1. Nothing
2. Attempt to annex countries
3. Attempt to sign as many treaties as possible
4. Nothing, but keep talking to people
5. Attempt to steal citizens
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Everything except option 1. :document
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Everything except 1 and 3. Negotiate meanibgful treaties from scratch. All this treaty copying is not good for anyone.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”