Tri-Cit Amendment

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Ryan

Tri-Cit Amendment

Post by Ryan »

Seeing as I can't post to the Landsraad yet, I'll put this here.

Erik wrote:

Lawbook, Chapter IX, B.
B: Tri Citizenship Restriction

1. Citizens of Shireroth are allowed only three national allegiances including Shireroth. When applying for citizenship, an individual must have two or less citizenship, else they will be denied citizenship.
2. If a citizen comes into violation of these requirements, he/she must remedy the situation within one Shirerithian week. (14 days).

The following shall be added.
3. If in this time the violation has not been remedied, the offending individual shall have their citizenship removed.

LB.V.E to be changed to.
c. No citizen of Shireroth will lose citizenship solely on the basis of failure to fill out a census form, nor by any other means save Kaiserial decree, voluntary emigration, or violation of the Tri-Cit Law.

I further suggest that IX.B.2 be amended to read:
2. If a citizen comes into violation of these requirements, either during the application process or as an existing citizen, he/she must remedy the situation within one Shirerithian week (14 days). The Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization, upon receiving valid information of said violation(s), will be required to provide a notice of intent to the person in violation; the 14 day probationary period will commence from that point.

Why add this? Because I think the recent actions of both minister and violator have established a scenario that warrants these clarifications. We have said that the MinImNat handled the situation wrongly, but we are not making enough changes to prevent a recurrence of that in the future. The above amendment spells it out, rather clearly, how the process works, so that no questions can arise.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Malliki Tosha

Re: Tri-Cit Amendment

Post by Malliki Tosha »

The repetition is unnecessary and opens the field for future inconsistencies.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Yet there is nothing saying that MinImNat needs to issue a 14 day probationary period - which was the issue with Corey. Although that can be superseded by the Kaiser, which in Corey's case it was, it still needs to be issued.

At the bare minimum, IX.B.2. should read "at any time" in it, to avoid the "well I had two when I applied!" schtick.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't see a quote box, so I just presumed that everything was from you. That's why I saw a repetition.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”