Fedual Restructure.

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Malliki Tosha

Re: Fedual Restructure.

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Dude, I just wanted to find out how many people were for and against. Pretty obvious, since this is the Front Gate.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

As to styles and titles, my friend:

During the reign of Ayreon one way was established of referring to Kaisers, Dukes, Barons and Counts, whose practice was banned in Hyperborea for instance.

This way of referring to the nobles was through saying "the Lord", "Lord", "the Lady" or "Lady" followed by the fief's name. For example Lady Iserdia for that Allot person. :)
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I like to be addressed as "Lord Brookshire", "Lord Tosha", "Your Grace" or something else nice and friendly.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Personally I find it odd to be addressed as Lord in Shireroth, because I'm Lord of Magic in Novatainia, and thoroughly unused to being referred to as a Lord for any other purpose.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I would find it odd being addressed as "Lord" simply because I don't like the religious connotations.

I think the modification of B2 to limit lesser nobles to 5 votes max is acceptable (If I'm reading that right). Considering the cultural differences of the duchies, it should be up to each how they govern their internal affairs. If one wishes to have its own Council, in which vote distribution is more evenly spaced, then that should be the prerogative of that particular duchy. Just as if Erik wants a conservative government in his duchy, then that's his prerogative. The only inflexible system should be how the duchies are tied into the imperial government.

Really, a simple way to limit voting power in the Landsraad would be to set voting caps on people. Meaning you can only vote in the Landsraad if you have 3 or more votes assigned to yourself. In this way it would essentially force distribution.

That probably complicates things, so I'll just go back to my lake and grumble. :p
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Santelran Rottsaa

Post by Santelran Rottsaa »

Erik Mortis wrote:If a lesser noble can outvote a Duke. Then the lesser noble should be the Duke.
If a Duke doesn't want to be outvoted, zie shouldn't have given away zir votes to the lesser noble.

Dukes are more than just a vote in the Landsraad, Erik. Personally, if I were Duke of whatever and got tired of voting in the Landsraad, I'd hand out votes to lesser nobles who might be more interested in voting than me while I tend to the Duchy's internal matters.
Libido-powered perversion, coming to your home at the speed of light.

The longer that the journey takes, the further down the road

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Then assign an Emissary. He votes with a Duke's, or lesser noble's, full vote count on behave of the Duke. If you really want to be duke and hand off your vote, we have as system for that already.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

If that's the case and there is a system already and nobody has a problem with it, then why bother blocking doing it this way too?

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Because the emissary system is just a pointer. It's just a redirection, not an actual handing over of votes. The Emissary votes FOR the duke. Lesser nobles vote for themselves. Removing a lesser nobles votes has political consequences. Emissaries have no entanglements. The votes don't belong to the Emissary, they belong to the Duke. Lesser nobles' votes will belong to them.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I will give and remove votes in Brookshire as I see fit, at any time.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Santelran Rottsaa

Post by Santelran Rottsaa »

An emissary is *not* a pointer. An emissary will not always vote the same way as the Duke.
Libido-powered perversion, coming to your home at the speed of light.

The longer that the journey takes, the further down the road

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

As far as I'm concerned, the ten votes given to Goldshire all belong to the duke no matter what. If I choose to give them to a baron or other noble in Goldshire, the votes are still mine in the sense that those guys better be using them responsibly and I can pull them back at any moment for any reason. From that viewpoint, however many votes lesser nobles have, it's still an expansion of the emissary system.

Allot

Post by Allot »

Can we have a mini-vote?

Every duke say whether you want the "Duke Can Do What He Damn Well Pleases" package, or the "Lesser Nobles are Bugs and Must be Crushed/Limited in Their Voting Powers" package.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”