Shirewiki copyrights

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Arviður

Shirewiki copyrights

Post by Arviður »

AN ACT TO BRING THE SHIREWIKI INTO THE PUBLIC DOMAIN

Sole article
The first paragraph of Section C of Chapter XI of the Lawbook is amended to read:
1.1 The website of Shireroth shall be called ShireWiki. It shall be implemented by means of MediaWiki or other available Wiki software.
1.2. All such information legally uploaded to the Shirewiki after ASC 3750 shall be deemed to be the property of the Imperial Republic.
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Re: Shirewiki copyrights

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

Grand. So if I still want to throw a tantrum about something, my works uploaded to Shirewiki before now are still not public domain. :document

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

If you really feel you want to throw a tantrum, I'm sure we can oblige you by making everything on the Wiki in the public domain :)
Arviður úr Ansinum
Baron of K'Tzuni

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Well, I posted this in the Landsraad, then ninja-deleted it when I realised that this bill might be a very, very bad idea. You know, even Wikipedia doesn't require copyright assignment for uploads, just licensing under cc-by-sa 3.0 and GFDL. That's a preeeetty good idea, and I'd prefer that we did something like that in Shireroth too - I mightn't upload much stuff to the wiki, but if I have copyright over the stuff that I do upload, I'd prefer to keep it.

The reason why I opted to try to extend the discussion period rather than just vote nay is that I'm not quite sure whether this is about macro- or micronational copyright law. If it's the former, then I say hell no to it. If it's the latter, well, I say maybe yeah to it, but only after we've signed and ratified the SCIPPA, and this bill has been clarified to be about it rather than macronational copyright law...
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

OK, let's find some kind of good licence that we can use on Shirewiki.
Arviður úr Ansinum
Baron of K'Tzuni

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”