Edict III-3393: Order of the Northern Star

Malliki

Edict III-3393: Order of the Northern Star

Post by Malliki »

Edict III-3393

By the power vested in me as Duke of Brookshire, I hereby establish the following:

Section 1. There shall be a knightly order in the Duchy of Brookshire named the Order of the Northern Star, here after called the Order.

Section 2. The Duke of Brookshire shall be Grand Master of the Order.

Section 3. The Duke may induct any Shirerithian citizen of good standing into the Order for, primarily, exceptional service to the Duchy or Shireroth in general.

Section 4. The Order shall be divided into three classes:

4.1 Knight
4.1.1 A Knight of the Order is entitled to be addressed "Sir" or "Dame" and suffix his or her name and title with KNS.

4.2 Companion
4.2.1 A Companion of the Order is entitled to suffix his or her name and title with CNS.

4.3 Member
4.3.1 A Member of the Order is entitled to suffix his or her name and title with MNS.

Section 5. The Duke may at any time issue further rules regarding the operations of the Order.

Signed this Somnisday, the 26th of Vanchauslurk, 3393 ASC.
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Erik Mortis

Re: Edict III-3393: Order of the Northern Star

Post by Erik Mortis »

So... I'm Erik Mortis, Count of Monty Crisco, Baron of Dolor, Marquess of Goldshire CNS?

Malliki

Re: Edict III-3393: Order of the Northern Star

Post by Malliki »

If you want to list it all, but the Marquess part should be first, then baron, then count. Usually you just use the highest title and say "Lord Goldshire, LK CNS" or "Lord Mortis, LK CNS". The Marquess thing trumps everything, so if I were to address you formally, it would be "The Most Honorable Lord Mortis/Goldshire". The LK means "Lord of the Kehl".
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Return to “Brookshire”