LZjr County Farman 01/10/05/: Zjandarian Research Institute

RicLyon

Re: LZjr County Farman 01/10/05/: Zjandarian Research Instit

Post by RicLyon »

*claps hand*This is good. Very good. Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Osman Shahanshah

LZjr County Farman 01/10/05/: Zjandarian Research Institute

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

Ardashir Khan Osmani, by the Kharenah of Zurvan, Count of the Lesser Zjandaria, Amir of Elwynn, ally to the Baron our Lord, to his subjects and retainers – Greetings and unto the gods of Shireroth, manifestations of the Unconquered Sun, undying and unthinking obsequience.Know that We, Mibaradardam be Khorshid va Mah Minamaz dadanam Zurvan, have in the first place granted to Zurvan this farman which by his Kharenah is confirmed for us and our heirs forever.Elwynn High Tech Engineering, a subsidiary of Osman-Almagro Industries is pleased to announce its the establishment of the Zjandaria Research Institute at Vijayanagra. Also to be established shall be a Conversion Facility at Caligae, a Heavy Water production facility at Ardashirshahr and a isotope separation facility attached to the Zjandaria Research Institute.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Cept that whole "Your gods are just little arms and legs of MY god." part. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Osman Shahanshah

Hush little heretic. The inquisition will get to you in due course... thats if the Istvanistani nanites don't first.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

This frightens me. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

By the by, Ardy, could you be persuaded to translate some of the ceremonial non-English terms in the first two paragraphs?

Osman Shahanshah

Once I rediscover the source I'll get right back to you... but it could be in any of five books on the subject so I may be a little while in reporting back.

Osman Shahanshah

And before anyone says anything repeating lines from sacred texts without understanding a word of it is a long standing and venerable Zoroastrian tradition. For some odd reason a religion that placed such importance on venerating sacred flames had silly habit of loosing its religious scriptures to fires. Unfortunately it was also the reason why no one in Sassanid Persia really believed it and partly the reason why the majority of Persians more or less converted to Islam in the course of the 200 years following the Arab conquest (they just dumped the bits of Zarathustra's teachings they did understand, minus the dead hand of ritual and dogma, into the Shia branch of Islam thus accounting for its general loopiness even within the frame work of Islam).

Return to “Elwynn”