Imperial Decree #211: Welcoming In The Day Of The Dead

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiseress Semisa I

Imperial Decree #211: Welcoming In The Day Of The Dead

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

In preparation of the coming Day of the Dead--the day of the Shirithian Calendar when even the laws of nature suspend themselves--I hereby suspend the minority periods for the following citizens:=Delphi Augustus, to whom I award the County of Plataea.=Mean Bean, to whom I award the County of Mesoun.=Charldelta, to whom I award the County of Skiron.=H4773r, to whom I award the County of Upper Lunaris.=Adanufgail, to whom I award the County of Lower Lunaris.=GregDean, to whom I award the County of Florencia.Now, go forth and make the Shirithian Empire great!

Shyriath

Re: Imperial Decree #211: Welcoming In The Day Of The Dead

Post by Shyriath »

Time for celebration! I shall fetch the cheeses!

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

*bows* Thank you, Kaiseress.And Shyriath, make sure to get the cheddar! Love the cheddar!

Lachlan Powers

Post by Lachlan Powers »

Perhaps this might be to your liking... ejen ranti taicardainre (Lachlan Powers)The Grand Commonwealth - Aerlig - MNN - Treesia - mncentre - EIFA - Lemuria

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

To those who got Upper and Lower Lunaris, please take good care of it's culture and lands. The ruler of there was once quite dear to me before she left. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Greg Dean
Location: Florencia, Barony of The Holy Lands of Shireroth, Duchy of Naudia'Diva

Post by Greg Dean »

I've already begun tending to my new lands. Hopefully I should have something pretty cool to show for my efforts in the next few days. Many thanks, Kaiseress!

H4773r

Post by H4773r »

*kneels before kaiseress* M'lady.. eh, er M'lor.... Your Most august Highness, I thank thee and shall Care for my new charge with the utmost respect to those who granted me this area and those who proceeded me. Thank you Kaiseress.*Stands. Bows graciously before the Mango Throne, begins to depart. stops. turns back to K. semissa.* um.. i know where it is on this map i picked up on the way in... but where can i learn about the place as ive never really been there. ehe...? Here's a site with a little more about me.http://www.geocities.com/t3h_h4773r/H4773r.htmlEdited by: H4773r  at: 12/20/05 12:11

Kaiseress Semisa I

Talk to Baron Greg of the Holy Lands of Shireroth. He knows of it.

AngelGuardian93

Lunaris was a mystical place, full of artsy-farsty types, and alot of garden-like forests full of picturesque grottos with waterfalls and such. Very pretty. The citizens are very much all about art there in all forms. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Greg Dean
Location: Florencia, Barony of The Holy Lands of Shireroth, Duchy of Naudia'Diva

Post by Greg Dean »

Here's a preview of what I've cooked up so far:I do think I'm going to be making some changes to the Island's cities... five cities on an island that's over 800 miles wide seems a bit.... sparse. I'm going to have my hands full writing histories and news for the place. But first, I have other duties to attend to.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Oooo....pretty....

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

That is nice. What did you use to make that?

Kaiseress Semisa I

Probably Illustrator. The man IS a cartoonist after all.

Greg Dean

Post by Greg Dean »

I'd say 100% illustrator, but I DID create the patterns for land and water in photoshop first. Everything else is illustrator work - so it's all modular and movable. Once I get things the way I want, and figure out the styles for all the individual fiddly bits, I can perhaps think about doing them for others. (What? Me usurp the MCS? Why would you even think such a thing? )

sovereignvikingemperor

Post by sovereignvikingemperor »

That's what you call a map.

Greg Dean

Post by Greg Dean »

Maybe at some point, at the very least, I can work on a super-uber map of the lands of Shireroth. One without... you know... pixels.

H4773r

Post by H4773r »

lies! all lies, we all know all maps must be made in PAINT or theyre not real micronational maps... this man seeks to IMPROVE a system that is unaesthetically pleasing and therefore should be booed.on another note greg, i have a small town in Lac Glacei called Lunariduex and i seek to improve Upper Lunaris with such maps, would this be possible? Here's a site with a little more about me.http://www.geocities.com/t3h_h4773r/H4773r.html

TonerMan

Post by TonerMan »

Paint based maps are good cause than the average person can edit and make use of them for their nation, land claims.. etc... Holy Warrior of NeeCommanding General of the Y.A.C.

Lachlan Powers

Post by Lachlan Powers »

Very nice... is the scale correct though? Im not sure where the island is, but if it is thats one huge island. ejen ranti taicardainre (Lachlan Powers)The Grand Commonwealth - Aerlig - MNN - Treesia - mncentre - EIFA - Lemuria

Kaiseress Semisa I

It's the Isle of Florencia, next to the middle of the left side of the MCS map...due south of Benacia.

Greg Dean

Post by Greg Dean »

It is indeed to scale - I checked and double checked.I think, due to the way the MCS map appears, people lose a sense of the true scale of the world. Just for comparison's sake, before I started working on the map, I overlayed the island onto a map of the United States. (I also added Naudia'Diva for Fax, so he could get a sense of the size of the place.) Remember - each pixel in that map is equal to 6.917 miles, or 47.85 square miles. The isle of Florencia is ~120 pixels wide on that map - making it over 830 miles from end to end. It stretches from San Francisco almost to Denver, CO. And believe me, it's far from large in comparison to most of Micras' territories. And the map there is essentially to scale in comparison with earth, too. So, keep in mind how large your county actually is.. it's probably larger than you think. (And yes - I'll be doing maps for others in the future. I just gotta finish this one first, so I know what I'm doing. )

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

...poo. And I was just starting to be comfortable in the superiority of Macromedia. Not like I'd be able to do crap like that in Illustrator with my current skill anyway. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Lachlan Powers

Post by Lachlan Powers »

lol The island isnt what I was thinking of, so it is probably to scale. I was thinking of one of those islands about 3 pixels wide . ejen ranti taicardainre (Lachlan Powers)The Grand Commonwealth - Aerlig - MNN - Treesia - mncentre - EIFA - Lemuria

Greg Dean

Post by Greg Dean »

Hey - just think, 3 pixels is ~21 miles.

AngelGuardian93

I never though Florencia would ever get a count again. Awesome job! There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Kaiseress Semisa I

...who was Count before?

AngelGuardian93

Oh blast it... that guy who worked at Disney world.... *looks* There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Cesare Agosto, you fools. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Return to “Kaiser's Court”