Proclamation: ShireWiki

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiser Los III

Proclamation: ShireWiki

Post by Kaiser Los III »

All citizens of Shireroth should acquaint themselves with http://www.shireroth.org/wiki , the nation's new online database. Those citizens with special expertise may begin contributing articles. As yet the Wiki is not very well-arranged or integrated with our system of government, but the Crown will be taking care of this over the next few weeks.Currently there is no way to upload images, although images on an external site can be somewhat awkwardly included. As soon as I get in contact with the Minister of Information, this difficulty should be fixed.It is the patriotic duty of all Shirerithians to help make the database as complete as possible.By my hand,Los III Edited by: Kaiser Los III at: 8/1/05 17:05

Delphi

Re: Proclamation: ShireWiki

Post by Delphi »

Very nifty, very nifty indeed... I'll be watching this, seeing if it's a success. The microwiki, before it went down, was a nifty system, but a Shirewiki will allow for more personalization to Shireroth.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Your welcome. :P They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Uh oh...I thought you had gotten over your trouble with contractions.

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Alas, if only I could retrieve some of those MicroWiki articles I wrote. Maybe a few are on my HD. 3e knowe ek that in fourme of speche is chaunge / With-inne a thousand 3eer, and wordes tho / That hadden pris now wonder nyce and straunge / Us thenketh hem, and 3et thei spake hem so, / And spedde as wel in loue as men now do...

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

The ones you've written so far seem fairly comprehensive.. Wil Nider to the HyperboreansEoin to the restZirandorthel to the ages

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Well, it is easy to write about oneself. 3e knowe ek that in fourme of speche is chaunge / With-inne a thousand 3eer, and wordes tho / That hadden pris now wonder nyce and straunge / Us thenketh hem, and 3et thei spake hem so, / And spedde as wel in loue as men now do...

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

haha. So true. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

I am negotiating with Chancellor Iain of Treesia, who may have been given all of the MicroWiki articles by Sander Dieleman. If we can get them, it may be possible to upload them wholesale, or at the very least copy them.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Scott, if you need help with either of those two tasks, let me know. So if you need my technical expertise or just someone to perform mundane entering into the wiki, let me know.

AngelGuardian93

So helpfull, this one from the country of Antica with the Delphi and the cool glasses! *pinches cheek* There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Well, Delphi, I got a .tar archive from Iain and WinRAR says it's corrupt. Is there anything I or you can do about that or is a corrupt file just corrupt and I'll have to make him send another?

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

When I have a corrupt file I generally just try and find another copy... if Iain archived it into that format, then see if he can't get it to you another way. If that was Sander's doing, then we might have a problem.Then again, you might want to try another program, too, called 7zip. Although it doesn't create the nifty icons showing it recognizes file formats, it works with them fine. If you'd rather not install it, send me over the .tar and I'll see if that won't work. Sometimes these things are just a matter of programs.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Sent to the address in your profile, and pestered Iain for good measure.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Ok, I sent you an email with what you need. It seems that WinRAR is a bitch to you, I had no problem extracting the files.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Hm. I seem to be clueless about how to use this. Any chance you could give me a walkthrough on how to add those in through a PHPMyAdmin site? Edited by: Kaiser Los III at: 8/3/05 1:18

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

I sure could. Actually, I just did. Check your email.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Error message. Sent you the text by mail.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Replied with hopefully a fix.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Replied.

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

*cough*Because we all know that we -are- everything micronational.I can change the colors or slogan or anything. I was really just having fun with Photoshop again for this one. And glad to find the Avalon Quest font. Gryphon the Pure- Shirithian Elder - Dutch of Kildare - Minister of the Interior - High Priest of Apostrophe aka Grammar Fuhrer - Director of the Shirithian Census - Imperial Advisor -q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);Edited by: Gryphon the Pure at: 8/7/05 6:18

AngelGuardian93

Very cool. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Delphi, Moose can't integrate the database stuff either. Do you know of any program that can read the .sql file directly so that we can just copy-paste the articles manually?

dStryker

Post by dStryker »

Pardon my lack of knowledge of anything that's happened in the past few years, but what happened with MicroWiki? Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

It went BO0O0O0/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

ezPlague wiped it clean. Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Not ezPlague - Sander's site went down. Luckily, we have some of the old files and are trying to figure out how to read them. My hopes are high.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

I thought MNN had a MicroWiki sort of thing too? Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

MNN had a forum for questions and comments about Sander's MicroWiki.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Something tells me I could be of use. Please email the tarball to me and I'll see what I can do with it. Jag har glömt hur pjäserna stod!

Return to “Kaiser's Court”