Imperial Decree #123: New Charter

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiser Raynor XI

Imperial Decree #123: New Charter

Post by Kaiser Raynor XI »

Imperial Charter of the Land of ShirerothArticle I: The Kaiser.Section A: Definition of the Kaisership.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp The Kaiser of Shireroth is the Supreme ruler, and noble, of the Lands of Shireroth. The Kaisership may be held by both male and female rulers. A male ruler shall be known as a Kaiser, a female ruler shall be known as a Kaiseress. The term "Kaiser" may be used to refer to the Kaisership without regard to gender. Section B: Powers of the Kaiser. All supreme Executive and Legislative powers of Shireroth shall be vested in the Kaiser. The Kaiser may make any decree regarding the operation, behavior, functions or policy of Shireroth, as well as any actions he/she deems fit as long as they do not violate this Charter. The Kaiser shall have Supreme Judiciary power. The Kaiser is the Supreme Commander of all Militia, Military, and/or any other armed forces within Shireroth and/or under Shireroth control. Section C: Heir to the Throne. The Kaiser before the end of his/her life reign as Kaiser must pick a successor from among all those eligible by birthright. Should the Kaiser die or abdicate the throne, the Kaisership shall pass to his/her successor. Should no heir have been chosen, the successor shall be the closest related, living individual eligible by birthright. Section D: The Steward. In times when a successor is below thirteen years of age, a Steward shall be appointed by a majority of the Landsraad. A steward shall be appointed by the Kaiser or Landsraad should the Kaiser take temporary leave of his/her throne. Should the Kaiser have no stated heir, the Steward shall become the head of the Empire until a successor can be found. Should no Steward be appointed at this time, the Landsraad shall convene and elect one. The Landsraad may also elect a Steward at anytime they feel one is necessary, with the approval of the Kaiser. The Kaiser may at anytime appoint or dismiss a Steward. The Steward of Shireroth shall be vested with all the executive powers of the Kaiser but may not repeal or amend Imperial Decrees of the Kaiser nor this Charter. Article II: Landsraad.Section A: Powers of the Landsraad. The Landsraad shall be vested, through the good grace of the Kaiser, with the legislative powers of Shireroth. The Landsraad may set its own rules for voting percentages and procedures without outside interference. Any bill, act, measure, dictate, statement or order passed, issued by, or put before the Landsraad may be vetoed by the Kaiser for any reason at any time. The Landsraad is vested with Judiciary powers second only to the Kaiser. The Landsraad may take no action that violates this charter or Imperial Decrees of the Kaiser. Neither the Landsraad, nor any body it creates, has authority or jurisdiction over the Kaiser or this Charter. Section B: Sessions of the Landsraad. The Kaiser has the power to dismiss and recall to session the Landsraad at anytime. Should the Kaiser die or abdicate the throne, the Landsraad shall be automatically called to session. The Landsraad may dismiss itself from Session at any time, unless there is no Steward or Kaiser in power. Section C: Members of the Landsraad. The Landsraad shall consist of the Nobles of Shireroth. Nobles may pick their own successor from among those eligible by birthright. Should no heir be available the Kaiser shall appoint the next Noble. The Kaiser has the power to create new Duchies and other Sub-Divisions, as he/she sees fit. The Landsraad may remove a DuchyÂ’s seat from the Landsraad, thereby disbanding the Duchy completely and redefining the lands as necessary. The Kaiser has the power to reshape the borders of any Duchy, or other Sub-Division, as he/she sees fit. Only Ruling Nobles, Honorary Nobles, or Emissaries appointed by a Ruling noble may vote within the Landsraad. Ministers of Shireroth may speak within the Landsraad but may not vote on just the merits of their office alone. Nobles of Shireroth may not violate this Charter, Imperial Decree or the Lawbook.Raynor XI,Kaiser of Shireroth. Kaiser Raynor XI of ShirerothHeir to the Line of Raynor

Kaiser Raynor XI

Re: Imperial Decree #123: New Charter

To preempt the coming questions.. Yes.. it is smaller. No.. those sections are not missing. Yes... They are still valid. No.. I will not elaberateYes. I will deal with that soon.Have a nice day. Kaiser Raynor XI of ShirerothHeir to the Line of Raynor

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

While I am happy that you are going to deal with this soon...let me just mention it so that everyone else knows what it is you are about to fix:1. Shouldn't there be something in this decree that it overturns and replaces the previous Charter?2. The way this is worded does not say the Kaiser must be a citizen of Shireroth, and makes no reference to and possibly overturns the Line of Succession. The way this is worded, if the Kaiser were to abdicate, their closest living relative would become Kaiser, which in the case of an unmarried person would probably be their real life brother, sister, or parent. Unless "eligible by birthright" means something.

Rakesh86

Post by Rakesh86 »

The "eligible by birthright" basically suggests that no one outside the current cycle of Kaisers adn Kaiseresses may stake claim to the throne.

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Quote:The Landsraad shall consist of the Nobles of Shireroth. Nobles may pick their own successor from among those eligible by birthright.The hell does that mean?

Alexandra Decens

Post by Alexandra Decens »

(i think he posted the wrong copy of the charter....let it be corrected) Procrastinate now!...Don't put it off till later...

Kaiser Raynor XI

I'm just goign to respond with.. WOW.. you people never read the old Charters did you?And this does replace the old charter.. as new charters have ALWAYS done. and I'll proly be writing an other one of these in a month when I get some more stuff straightened out.. Kaiser Raynor XI of ShirerothHeir to the Line of Raynor

Kaiser Raynor XI

Oh, and it is the write one.. I don't know what Nick was talking about..hehe Kaiser Raynor XI of ShirerothHeir to the Line of Raynor

Scott of Hyperborea

Quote:And this does replace the old charter.. as new charters have ALWAYS done. and I'll proly be writing an other one of these in a month when I get some more stuff straightened out.And new charters have also ALWAYS said that they do so...or at least the last one did, I haven't checked anything since then.

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Quote:Oh, and it is the write one.. I don't know what Nick was talking about..heheUmmmmm.... That was your GF.... Baroness of Lunaris in The Republic of ShirerothMember of The Sovereign Order of TreesiaFounder of Lumenetra (please stop by. We would love to see you)

Kaiser Raynor XI

I spoke with Nick IRL about it... Scott, Does it really matter? I thought you didn't like Legalism...? Kaiser Raynor XI of ShirerothHeir to the Line of Raynor

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Yeah...i screwed that up ...sorryScott, you just prefered not to make a new one and made into a hollow, easy to edit document. How can you complain about how erik has gone about it?

Kaiser Raynor XI

It's ok dude.. I recall showing you a version of it that had that bit missing.. but put it back.. cause I agreed with you.. Kaiser Raynor XI of ShirerothHeir to the Line of Raynor

Scott of Hyperborea

Nick, while I may have edited it in minor ways (twice in my entire reign), I never trashed the whole thing that had been around for eons and replaced it with something different without showing it to anyone else or asking for advice first.No, I don't like legalism, which is why I don't want annoying loopholes that people can use in the future to cause trouble. Edited by: Scott of Hyperborea  at: 9/13/04 3:51 pm

Kaiser Raynor XI

I just ignore loopholes if someone finds one.. and than fill it... Kaiser Raynor XI of ShirerothHeir to the Line of Raynor

Scott of Hyperborea

You could do that...or you could spend three seconds editing a single sentence to the top of this post. I guess which one is easier is your own choice.

Kaiser Raynor XI

well.. I'm proly gonna have to write up another charter in a month.. so I'm not to incredibly worried.. Kaiser Raynor XI of ShirerothHeir to the Line of Raynor

Draco the Tainted

Post by Draco the Tainted »

then you don't mind me reminding you of this:Quote:Quote:The Kaiser may make any decree regarding the operation, behavior and functions of Shireroth as well as any actions he/she deems fit as long as they do not violate this constitution.might want to take that out.~NickQuote:Imperial Charter I already did for the next update..~ErikIt doesn't look like you've taken it out yet...And right now, nobody in the Landsraad has any votes......and there is no Prætor......nor Ministers...Need I go on? Heil Loki!!!
Heil H'Graa!!!

Scott of Hyperborea

From an AIM chat I was in:Quote:Eruinen: .And technically the ministries can no longer make Ministrial Law.Eruinen: Which was sorta confusing anyhow...LeftyHazard: hehEruinen: Seeing as how the only mention of that is some random obscure line someplace.Eruinen: *LAUGHS!*Eruinen: ... er...Eruinen: Technically... noone in the Landsraad has any votes.Eruinen: That was dealt with in the Charter... and Erik didn't include it in the new one...LeftyHazard: ha!LeftyHazard: scoreLeftyHazard: it's a good thing he didn't revoke the old charterLeftyHazard: or that stuff would have gotten messyEruinen: Sure he did.LeftyHazard: no he didn'tLeftyHazard: he just assumed it was revoked : pEruinen: Technically, nothing protects the charter from the Kaiser.Eruinen: Nor does the Charter state it has to be specificalyl removed.LeftyHazard: and I quote: "No.. those sections are not missing.Yes... They are still valid."LeftyHazard: by will of the Kaiser : pEruinen: By decreeing that the new charter /is/ the Imperial Charter of the Land of Shireroth he destroyed the old one.Eruinen: And this does replace the old charter.. as new charters have ALWAYS done. and I'll proly be writing an other one of these in a month when I get some more stuff straightened out..Eruinen: And as the new charter has no provisions stating that the parts of the old charter not mentioned are still in effect, they aren't.LeftyHazard: who said he decreed it is the imperial charter of the land?Eruinen: Imperial Charter of the Land of ShirerothEruinen: The title did.LeftyHazard: DUDELeftyHazard: he never decreed it -as- the imperial charterLeftyHazard: he decreed it as the new charterLeftyHazard: : pLeftyHazard: and plueLeftyHazard: plus*Eruinen: No, he /titled/ the thread New Charter.LeftyHazard: I already quotedEruinen: The Decree itself is 'Imperial Charter of the Land of Shireroth'.LeftyHazard: The sections are not missing, and they are still validEruinen: Yes, but the Kaiser's random statements don't make law.Eruinen: The Kaiser's /decrees/ do.LeftyHazard: and you can't say they ALWAYS have done thatLeftyHazard: there have only been... what? ONE charter?LeftyHazard: and then several constitutionsLeftyHazard: which were each revoked by the nextEruinen: Yes, hence: The Kaiser's random statements don't make law.LeftyHazard: and I quote: " This Charter hereby Replaces and removes the Constitution of Shireroth."LeftyHazard: they specifically stated that they replaced the previous oneLeftyHazard: this charter did notEruinen: Your point being? They had different names.This conversation continues for some time.So...anyone want to congratulate me on how totally right I was above? Edited by: Scott of Hyperborea  at: 9/17/04 12:21 am

Kaiser Raynor XI

I have that covered.. like I said... bah.. I'm going about doing things all wrong this week... I need to rethink my planning... Kaiser Raynor XI of ShirerothHeir to the Line of Raynor

Return to “Kaiser's Court”