Imperial Decree #403: Declassifcation Issues

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Aurangzeb Khan

Imperial Decree #403: Declassifcation Issues

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Imperial Decree #403: Pertaining to the repeal of The Declassication Act, the Automatic Declassification of State Secrets & the Creation of the Shirerithian State Papers

Ardashir Piroz Aurangzeb al-Osmani-Steffki, by the Kharenah of Zurvan, Kaiser, Khan of Vijayanagara, Earl of Alalehzamin, to his subjects and retainers, greetings, and unto the gods of Shireroth undying and unthinking obsequience.

Know that We, Mibaradardam be Khorshid va Mah Minamaz dadanam Zurvan, have in the first place granted to Zurvan this Ordinance which by his Kharenah is confirmed for us and our heirs forever.

Whereas it has been determined to our satisfaction that the Landsraad, although conducting itself in good faith, has acted beyond its remit in legislating in regards to public bodies established through an Imperial Decree.

We therefore order accordingly that:

1.0. The Declassification Act
1.1. The Declassification Act of 3742 is hereby vetoed;
1.2. Accordingly it shall no longer be regarded as a valid statute and is hereby repealed;
1.3. And it shall be struck from the LawBook.
2.0. Automatic Declassification of State Archive Material
2.1. Any topic or thread in Secret Evil Plans, Classified Archives, Imperial Advisory Council, or any other Imperial-level secret forum whose first post is older than six months old, shall be scheduled for automatic declassification and release to the general public via a Shirerithian State Papers Archive;
2.2. These declassified threads shall be released in batches commencing from the 25th of December 2009, a Christmas present to the nation, and every six months thereafter;
2.3. In the intervening period between releases any user with access to Secret Evil Plans, Classified Archives, Imperial Advisory Council, or any other Imperial-level secret forum may request that the Kaiser grant permit for named threads to retain classified status after the mandatory six month limit has expired;
2.3.1. Requests for maintaining classification may be made at any time that a thread remains in a secret forum.The petitioner must state his reasons and it is for the Kaiser to decide whether the request is approved.
3.0. Enabling Clause
3.1. Any further issues arising from this shall be clarified by Imperial Rescript, deriving authority from this decree.

Signed by my hand at Raynor's Keep, Shirekeep, on this Somnisday, 12th of Vanchauslurk, in the year MMMDCCXLIV ab sectora condita
Hat-tip: The (Venetian) Calendar of State Papers

Jonas

Re: Imperial Decree #403: Declassifcation Issues

Post by Jonas »

Yes! Show your power to the Landsraad, Your Niftiness! :worship :yay:
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I wrote:If the Kaiser hates it so much, he can strike it from the lawbook himself.
Well, I stand by what I said, though I admit I didn't think you'd actually do it.

Still, this is an acceptable alternative.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

My legal qualms with this issue are resolved.

Though I feel for the continued proper functioning of the IAC, it should not be included in this declassification. In order to have frank, open and honest communication with the Kaiser, your advisers must know that what they say to you is private. Forever. To make the words and advice public in this way will constrain advisers in what advice and suggestions they may make to you. I for one would be unwilling to suggest potentially controversial ideas knowing that they will be made public in 6 months. I tried arguing this with the SEP as well, but none would listen to me. But I feel the IAC, which was not included in the original discussion, is even more important to remain a place of Confidential conversation.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

On that note, I was put into the IAC like four Kaisers ago. Am I still in it?
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I'm in the same boat.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

You can still see it can't you? If so you're still in.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I can see most things, doesn't mean much. (this is one forum I can't see, but it's nothing interesting)

Allot

Post by Allot »

Erik Mortis wrote:Though I feel for the continued proper functioning of the IAC, it should not be included in this declassification. In order to have frank, open and honest communication with the Kaiser, your advisers must know that what they say to you is private. Forever. To make the words and advice public in this way will constrain advisers in what advice and suggestions they may make to you.
I disagree. Who cares what Kennedy's advisors told him 60 years ago doing the Cuban Missile Crisis? His secretary of Defense (who recommended BOMBING Cuba) was still alive a few months ago and he didn't get any flak for that. In fact, he got the retrospect of time, and the public got more resources.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

And if he HAD gotten flak your point would fail. And we aren't talking about 60 years, when most people don't even remember or were even alive at the time. We're talking about 6 months. Most of us will proly be here.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Yes but:
1. People really do have short attention spans;
2. We can probably trust ourselves to keep the really controversial stuff under wraps until such time as it becomes merely interesting.

Return to “Kaiser's Court”