Stewards Imperial Decree #392: Herr Professor Spangle

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Aurangzeb Khan

Stewards Imperial Decree #392: Herr Professor Spangle

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Given this Somnisday the 26th day of Qarbinionsmoon in the year 3674 ASC

Let it be known to all and sundry that he who is known as Doctor Spangle is hereby appointed Chief Scientific Advisor to the Kaiser's Court of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth & nominated for the Gary McKinnon Professorship of Ethical Experimentation at Sir John Metzler III University.

So it is ordered, so it shall be done.

KHAN
Steward

dr-spangle

Re: Stewards Imperial Decree #392: Herr Professor Spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

oh non-existant gods, this sounds like some form of responsibility...

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

All I want from you for now is a warning whenever the laws of thermodynamics are about to be violated by ISI and the occasional entertaining anecdote about what became of the live specimens which will be separated out from the impending haul of Ocian prisoners.

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

I shall write some reports up in a backstory kind of fashion if you tell me how many you can get :D

also, the laws of thermodynamics have been broken by ISI quite a bit, do i have to say about it every time, or just the major ones that won't ruin leo's apparent plans?

(hints: electrical lasers need a fuckload of power to burn anything much, chemical lasers would need refuelling after every few shots (not easy for satellites), lasers would be diffracted by the atmosphere, meaning naything that causes meaningful damage on the planet surface will cause intense damage to any optical equipment on the satellite trying to direct the laser, most of the energy lasers give out is in the form of heat through the shell and without air in space there's not much to cool it)

but i overlook little errors like that and try and fix big errors like geosynchronous/microsynchronous satellites not directly above the equator...

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Wow. Pwned.
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Yeah, just keep an eye out for the flaws which render weapons systems ineffective or threaten to tear the very fabric of time and space asunder, ta. :yay:

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Gman Russell wrote:Wow. Pwned.
See - told you he knows his stuff this one...

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

I may or may not have put quite a bit of research into satellite based laser weapon systems when i was president of CIS :P

ours was a different idea somewhat though, knowing that the laser would have to be damn powerful i put it on the ground with a mirror on the satellite

http://dr-spangle.com/.junk/Newempirest ... weapon.png

this meant i could use the full force of the power grid for Base ID 21 to mpower the electrical laser (still used electrical because i wasn't certain on how chemical worked :P) it also means I can have some decent cooling systems, i.e. pump water out the ocean, filter the salt out, run it over the laser and vent the steam through some turbines to gain more electricity and then run it back into the ocean, or into other applications in base ID 21 that might want hot filtered water :P

but... it means it's diffracted by the atmosphere twice, meaning it has to be even more powerful...

to require the weakest laser possible, you ideally need to be over your target, inside the atmosphere...
but then you can be shot at.... but then again, satellites aren't immune to that either

:D
someone could even bomb the damn satellite control center, so no system is immune to destruction

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Shhh. :rolleyes They aren't supposed to know.

I had actually though about some of that though. One thing that you got wrong though was that the Ouroboros isn't a laser. Its a kinetic energy weapon. (Basically a giant particle accelerator.) Now don't get me wrong I know there are huge flaws still [such as friction from residing in low atmosphere and positioning and the such] but I'm working through them and I'll try to stay as realistic as possible. As far as a power source goes though... Well JHI was supposed to be developing the power cells and with Corey gone. No power. So for now I'll just say 'magic'. :thumbsup

And the ISI Herby annexes the laws of thermodynamics and gives them a smack down.
Leo Fenrir

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

Oh, kinetic energy weapon is easy peasy.

rods of titanium, 5m long, a couple tens of centimeters wide, all they need is a gentle push towards the planet and they'll accelerate pretty darn speedily, they won't melt significantly and by the time they hit the ground you'll have more energy than nagasaki got and less radioactive fallout.

you don't need any special fuel systems to accelerate because you have a planet that's willing to accelerate them towards it, for the first push you could have some simple mechanical system, some pneumatic ram or even a motor turning a worm gear :P it will make so little difference by the time it hits the ground :P

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Yes but then there is no Bo0o/\/\... :(

Hence the outrageous planet encircling SPACE CANNON.
Leo Fenrir

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

There's a B0O0/\/\ of epic proportions on the ground below

if you wanted you could fire the rod with a gas jet, that might look like a boom, or if you really wanted to, use explosives with some oxygen, but you might damage something

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

*grumbles something about realists and not being able to appreciate giant space cannons*

*notices that people can hear him*

*scampers off with Ouroboros Blueprints*
Leo Fenrir

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

*gets bored*

*makes some kinetic energy weapon blueprints for MAS*

Apollo foundation may not be allowed land on micras due to the charter, but nothing says MAS can't make satellites :P

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

It's time for a Kildarian Kaiser. :evil :D
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Icebreaker

Post by Icebreaker »

NEEDS ADDITIONAL VISITATION OF ORITHENA

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

Is this collection of random yet workable orbital kinetic weapon platform blueprint parts mildly good enough?

http://dr-spangle.com/images/Random/kin ... weapon.png

:P

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

:yay:

May the ISI apropriate? You would be compensated for your contributions to the initiative. Or even better I could hire you as the first employee! (with a good rate too!) Up to you though. :thumbsup
Leo Fenrir

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

but if it were a job it would be things i was meant to do... i did this rather than doing other work i was meant to do :P

I'll have a shot though i suppose but I will procrastinate

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

No worries. We can agree on that point at least. As soon as it becomes work it loses a certain appeal.

Your title shall be: Officially Unofficial Consultant whom one must never Consult upon pain of Death. All you have to do is contribute every once in a while (when you feel like it), and keeping me in line.

Also I'm assuming that you are willing to sell the blueprints? 250 :erb sound reasonable?
Leo Fenrir

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

yeah, sure, awesome :D

I have no clue how this nations economy works by the way :P

(Then again, apparently I have no clue how any economy works, I am about to pay £5 or £10 for a photobucket account :D)

Return to “Kaiser's Court”