Imperial Decree #187: Baronets

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

AngelGuardian93

Re: Imperial Decree #187: Baronets

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

*claps* There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Kaiser Los III

Imperial Decree #187: Baronets

Post by Kaiser Los III »

The rank of Baronet is hereby established as a non-noble title within the Imperial Republic of Shireroth.A baronetcy will be given to any worthy commoner who promises to train a group of new citizens assigned to them by the Kaiser in the ways of Shireroth, and to convince them to stay in the Republic. Along with the title of Baronet, the Kaiser will assign a group of citizens and set a deadline.If the Baronet has kept at least two of the citizens assigned to him by the deadline, he will be promoted to a full Baron with the citizens assigned to him as the subjects of his Barony. The Barony will be fit into the existing feudal hierarchy wherever it is convenient to the Baron, the existing Dukes, and the Kaiser, at the Kaiser's discretion. The creation of such Baronies will be by Imperial Decree.Baronetcies will not be located in any particular subdivision before their promotion to baronies. They are more discussion groups and centers for learning than actual land-based subdivisions. As such, they will not be represented on the map or expected to develop a culture, or even given names.Any new immigrant who disapproves of zir baronet can leave the group at any time. Any new immigrant who has an interest in joining a particular baronetcy can do so also. No one who been in Shireroth for more than a month can join a baronetcy.The first baronet will be Bill Dusch, and new citizens Shacia Seliny, Darth Miho, and Linky DeVir will be under his tutelage.By my hand,Los III

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Excellent plan, my lord. I would be quite pleased to accomodate the group led by Bill with land in Shireroth in the event that they earn the right to become a barony. I was already considering forming another barony, with the sudden influx of new citizens. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Baronet? Ew. But otherwise a nifty plan. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Eoin. You are now a Baronet. You get Geriant, Aureanus, and Lillith. An interesting fact is that I am doing this by geographic proximity, yet I gave you an Australian because I mentally group all countries outside the United States together in a big mass.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Ar fheabhas, mo Khaiser...Australia's about eleven or twelve hours ahead of us, so it works out to almost the same time zone......sort of. Wil Nider to the HyperboreansEoin to the restZirandorthel to the ages

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Scott, I can't help noticing that two-thirds of the citizens you've allocated to me are citizens of Yardistan, and since the other one has specified his subdivision as "Postman", he'll probably end up there aswell. Does this make me a Baronet of Yardistan, and will my Barony have to be within their territory? *is a citizen of Kildare, in case you haven't grasped his problem* Wil Nider to the HyperboreansEoin to the restZirandorthel to the ages

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Just stay in Yardistan for a week and you will realise why it is better that you go there. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

A good question. I grouped the baronetcies based on time zone proximity rather than subdivision proximity, so I don't really have an answer for you. If you do end up deserving a Barony, we'll work something out, probably involving an exchange of citizens with someone else or something.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

I've been wanting to grant a barony to Eoin for a while now, but the details had not yet been worked out. I really would like him to be able to form one within the borders of Kildare. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

AngelGuardian93

Kaiser, NOT one of your better moves. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Foghorn, you get Micheolf, Nixit, and Mazzix.I could use a volunteer from California to take the west coasters.

Nick the Yardistani

Post by Nick the Yardistani »

I like the concept, but I don't like how you're employing it.Geographical groupings don't make sense in a micronational setting. The problem with Eoin mentioned above is a pretty obvious example of why. I understand that you want to be able to have communicate at times that are convenient for each other, but that risks dislocating people in the nation for no reason.It may be better to do this at the duchy level. Have baronets be constituants of ducal governments rather than the imperial government, regulated by somebody (MiniNat?). This has the added benefit of giving the ducal governments something to do.And the name is atrocious. Seriously.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Well, the lesson I've learned from this is to let proposals sit around longer before acting on them. You make some good points (about the same points Moose made last night), but now that it's already enacted I'm afraid it would do more damage than good to unenact it. I guess giving a few days for people to voice opinions on something just isn't enough.Do you want to be a Baronet, btw, if I can get you some Yardistanis?

Nick the Yardistani

Post by Nick the Yardistani »

I'm moving back to school next weekend and starting that whole mess...get back to me in a couple of weeks.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Okay. I know you said before you were on a sort-of-leave from Shireroth; do you still want to be an Imperial Advisor?

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

That's the one thing I try to keep up with. Of all the jobs I've had in Shireroth, that one has got to be my favorite. HEY EVERYONE! NICK'S GONE! LET'S CHANGE ALL THE LAWS AND THE FORUM COLORS WHILE WE STILL CAN! - Scott

AngelGuardian93

You get to express you opinion directly with no crap from the masses? Duh! There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Sebastien Alexandre

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

Scott, if you need it I can serve as a Baronet. justinwh@yahoo.comAIM: CJHHootOwl91

Return to “Kaiser's Court”