The Kaiser's "Screw the British Day" Address

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiser Ikol II

The Kaiser's "Screw the British Day" Address

Post by Kaiser Ikol II »

Welcome to the new forum style.

I can't tell you how happy this makes me. Finally as I browse Shireroth I see our nation presented in a form fitting of its greatness. Thanks to everyone who supported the Forum Colors Act. To those of you who didn't, well, as acting Minister of the Interior I plan to comply with the Landsraad's request to keep the old forum style updated at the same time as any updates to the new style for as long as there are a few people continuing to use it.

This concludes most of what I wanted to get done during my reign. All that's left is re-establishing the Duchies as historic but politically irrelevant divisions, which I'll do as soon as I can get some consensus on what they should be called (Elwynn, I'm looking at you). I plan to abdicate before the year 4000 ASC. I have some pretty good ideas for who I want as my successor, but anyone who thinks they're worthy is welcome to PM me and plead your case. I might change my mind.

I also have a little bit of bad news to deliver today. Thanks to Erik, I finally made contact with Nicholas du Grifos. He told me he's very busy and there's no realistic chance he'll ever be able to finish his work on Praeta. He expressed the wish that someone worthy would take over from him and continue his work. I hope to find someone at Zompist, the conlanging forum, who's willing to help us. That, too, I'll have to finish or at least start before my abdication.

And I'd like to end this speech with something that's probably been on all our minds recently.

Two of our oldest and closest friends and rivals, Antica and Ashkenatza, have been doing exceptionally well lately. They've been getting new citizens, becoming more active, and starting all sorts of interesting plans. We ourselves are still taking a bit of a breather after the chaos and great battles of the Mors VI and Anandja II reigns and coping with LOAs from many of our favorite people. Our new forum style definitely gives us a bit of a facelift, but there's a mood that we don't have the same shine and buzz as our neighbors to the east and west.

And it's been costing us. A lot of good Shirerithians are moving east to Antica. Some people are taking double citizenship, and others, most soul-crushingly-depressingly Ari, are leaving us entirely, lured by the bright lights of Nafticon. It's not my place to criticize anyone taking double citizenship, but when people start leaving us entirely, as the Kaiser and as a Shirerithian I do start to get concerned.

I don't begrudge Antica its good fortune. They're a great micronation and they've earned their current place in the sun. And the way that they earned it was by continuing to believe in their country through the good times and the bad times, sticking with it even when other lands seemed more attractive.

The wheel turns. Today we're on the bottom. Tomorrow we'll be back on top. If there's one thing we veteran micronationalists have learned from experience, that's it. So stick together. Other places may be more exciting, but Shireroth has something special.

Those of you who have supported me and my policies, I offer you my heartfelt thanks and hope I will not disappoint you. Those of you who have opposed me at every turn, well, I'll be gone in a week or two and you may have someone more to your liking.

In either case, hang on.

Gods bless the new forum style, and gods bless Shireroth. Death spare you all.

Elliot Markham

Re: The Kaiser's "Screw the British Day" Address

Post by Elliot Markham »

Antica may be growing, but it still does not have as great looking forums as Shireroth's. This new forum theme is the closest thing to fireworks. :party

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Christ this forum layout is laggy for me. The other one never was.

Kaiser Ikol II

Post by Kaiser Ikol II »

Is it the graphics that are lagging, or actual ability to see the forum? Any specific graphic that it's lagging on? What kind of internet connection do you have, and do you have the problem with any other forums?

I can try to make the file size of the graphics smaller, but you'll have to give me more information.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

General "I don't know" across the board. How would I possibly know what graphic lagging me? If it helps, it happened on every page I viewed with the new style. My internet and CPU are peachy. I switched back to traditional blue and everything runs fine there still.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

One thing about the current forum skin: where is the ASC-calender?
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Kaiser Ikol II

Post by Kaiser Ikol II »

It's in the text right below the Malarbox.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Scott, if you're using Chrome you can rightclick on the forum, then the bottom choice, then Resources. Click the button and you can see the page load and all the components.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Ruth

Post by Ruth »

The new forum skin is really quite nice! (Delphi would love the blackness!) Malarbor could use a bit of cleaning up though, now couldn't he? Is there not (or was there once) a really nice, high-quality Malarbor image that was created about four or five years ago? I recall it being posted on the forums in a 'look at this awesome zoomable Malarbor' sort-of topic.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Yep there was, but we would probably have a civil war over that since some people seem to like the pixellated shit.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Does it still exist? I'd really like to improve my avatar. :mal

Kaiser Ikol II

Post by Kaiser Ikol II »

I don't remember this. Where is it?

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Oh, also:
He told me he's very busy and there's no realistic chance he'll ever be able to finish his work on Praeta.
I'm going to start making a freaking list of things I've tried to tell people and they said was stupid and unlikely to happen.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

You do that, but you will probably not finish it.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

phineas elastopon

Post by phineas elastopon »

This guy maybe?

And as an added treat, 'Malarboro'

Phineas Elastopon (formerly known as Benkern, Bacchus etc.)
Republic of Antica
Inquisitor

Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Oh no! Malarboro is a danger to himself!

Benjamin, I don't think that's the image. I somewhat foggily remember it being beautiful and clear and free of awful white spottiness. The image could be viewed quite small or large without any loss of beauty. I feel as though Moose or someone like that may have made the original post, but again, my memory is a bit spotty. I know it existed! It must have! I've tried searching about the forums for it, but have had no luck thus far. Perhaps it has been tucked away in some hidden forum to keep the ugly-image-loving masses at bay?

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Scott, one day you're going to have to learn that sometimes people do things not because it seemed a reasonable idea given the circumstances but because they just are that way.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Return to “Kaiser's Court”