Steward Decree #439: Taxes

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Erik Mortis

Steward Decree #439: Taxes

Post by Erik Mortis »

I make this decree with my power as Steward of Shireroth, and with the consultation of the Kaiser and the Imperial Advisory Council.

All duchies shall pay a one time tax of 2500€ to the Shireoth Imperial Treasury. It is requires also that Hurmu pay a tax of it's own choosing to the Imperial Treasury.

If this tax is not payed in a clear manner withing 1 Shireroth Week (14 days), actions shall be taken against the Duke of the Duchy that has not paid. (I had to have some stick in here somewhere)

And by clear I mean, move all the money in one go to the Treasury and let me know you paid in this thread. I'll grant extensions if requested.

By my 'Iron Glove',
Erik Mortis,
Steward of Shireroth.

----

Amendment:
Straylight's tax shall be lowered to 1000€ and Yardistan's tax shall be lowered 1250€, due to their recent split and the fact the original amount was based off them still being one duchy.
Elwynn, Goldbrook and Kildare's tax remain unchanged.

Jonas

Re: Steward Decree #439: Taxes

Post by Jonas »

2500 erb? In the past this was just 500 erb!
Duchies like Yardistan and Straylight (currently not a Duchy, but it seems like they will be one soon) are almost bankrupt with such a high taxes.

And I will, as a citizen of Kildare, refuse to pay taxes as long as our forum colour hasn't changed. :angry

:p
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Marg Bar Taxman!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

For actions like these, they would have thrown me from the Throne. But yeah...
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Santelran Rottsaa

Post by Santelran Rottsaa »

I have transferred a tax of 2500 to the Shirithian Imperial Treasury on behalf of Hurmu.
Libido-powered perversion, coming to your home at the speed of light.

The longer that the journey takes, the further down the road

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

This is an imperial decree, so just cough up the cash.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Allot

Post by Allot »

(OH THE HUMANITY!)
Oh the hypocrisy!
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Chaps, there is no hurry to obey someone who was a habitual rebel during four successive Kaiserships.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Actually, I've looked at the numbers for all the duchies, this is not that large a tax.

Elwynn
total: 25969.14

Goldenbrook
total: 44659.99

Kildare
total: 18948.71

Straylight
total: 8821.06

Yardistan
total: 11603.6

So it might be a little high for Straylight... But my guess is Ari or scott will just end up paying the whole things themselves... I'm paying half of Goldenbrook myself.

Anyways, the Imperial Treasury is growing low, and this money will likely go right back into the hands of folk.

If Dukes want they can either use their bank accounts to see what the accounts in their duchy look like, or ask me and I'll send them a PM. Then they have the tools to move the money. (I'll also make sure their accounts are set as regional. )

And Yeah... I had a joke rebellion going for 4 Kaiser, I still did my job, met my responsibility, and duties, and so shall you.

And Allot, I see no hipocracy, If taxes had been levied against Brookshire, I would have helped pay them, and I did in the past.

And Jonas, take up how you pay the taxes with your duchy. And we would not have thrown you off the throne. I consulted with both the Kaiser and the IAC. It had full support.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Oh, and I thank Hurmu for their generous and agreeable donation/optional tax. Is there anything the Imperial Government can do for you?

Santelran Rottsaa

Don't tax us again for a while? I dunno, ask the rest of Hurmu, I'm pretty out of the loop currently (and it'll probably stay that way).

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Seeing as the last taxing was done... I think over a year ago. It might be a while before we need to do them again. That being said, we had more reserves when we taxes last. If we taxed smaller and more often it might help. But Hurmu, due to its status, isn't required to pay taxes. But donations are nice.

Santelran Rottsaa

Fair dos. Just thought Hurmu ought pull her fair share, I suppose. I had, like, 8000 :erb sitting around that I didn't know about anyway apparently.

Hmm...you know what? If you'd like, perhaps our "donation", as you call it, could go toward the total tax levied? By the looks of it, Straylight is looking a bit strapped for cash (I may have had a good portion of their total wealth before I changed to a Hurmu account), and if they can't front the whole total, feel free to dip into this. Might as well put it to good use.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Perhaps the government should be a bit more responsible with throwing around huge bounties rather than making the people that have basically never received any ever cover the costs.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

That may not be necessary, I just lowered the tax on Straylight and Yardistan to reflect the fact they are split and not still united, as they were when the tax amount was determined.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Erik Mortis wrote:That may not be necessary, I just lowered the tax on Straylight and Yardistan to reflect the fact they are split and not still united, as they were when the tax amount was determined.
In that case, I silently stop boycotting. :archy

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Straylight has proudly paid the full 2500 to the throne and Kaiser, and would proudly pay 2500 more should our glorious god-emperor require it. Long live Shireroth! Long live Kaiser Malarbor I!

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

The Throne, through myself, thanks Straylight for their prompt and complete payment. Is there anything the throne can help you with today?

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

You could tell the Kildare tax evasive rebel scum to quit mumbling about our blue. :thumbsup

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

So the Imperial Government is still waiting on Yardistan and Elwynn. I don't know what's with Yardistan. But Elwynn, you WILL pay the entire amount.

Eldwood

Post by Eldwood »

I have payed on behalf of Elwynn from my ISI account.
of the Illustriously common family of Eldwood

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Goodo. Though it really ought to have been paid by the Duke... Unless you are Duke and I'm once again confused by people using alternate names...

Eldwood

Post by Eldwood »

No but the Duke is sick with what some might be inclined to call 'clinically insanity' so your money would have long in coming.

Allot

Post by Allot »

Also we would have just "requested" the money from him anyway, since he's the only Elwynnese citizen with any cash.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Eldwood

Post by Eldwood »

Oh please do not be so presumptuous. Had you "asked" things may have played out differently. :evil

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I thought more of you had cash...

Return to “Kaiser's Court”