The Shirerithian Republics

A place for impromptu lectures or debates. Stir up controversy, just like the forum's namesake, Kaiser Leto III the Bold!
Jonas

The Shirerithian Republics

Post by Jonas »

http://shireroth.org/shirewiki/Template ... chronology

As you can read on the ShireWiki, we used to mark certain periods with numbering our Republic. As the 15th (and till now latest) Republic goes way back to March 2002, it probably needs some updating. I would like to propose that we use this topic to write down some more Republic-periods.

Things like the The Great Consolidation and the Elwynnese independence could count for new Republics.

Ari, Erik, Jake and Scott will probably know best what was important, so I would appreciate their help. :document
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Jacobus Loki

Re: The Shirerithian Republics

Post by Jacobus Loki »

These seem to be covered as Eras of Shireroth....

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Jacobus Loki wrote:These seem to be covered as Eras of Shireroth....
Yeah, but more a kind of sub-Eras. I would use the Eras of the Kaiser as rough guideline, while the republics serve to divide historic periods in more detail. :)

EDIT: I'm also considering writing a wiki article / Era. Like with the Chinese Dynasties (e.g.: Ming, Qing,...), so we can more easily write some fictional history (as we will see which Era will be missing a lot of info) for that period. It's also to see how the Empire developed during the four Eras (perhaps five Eras, if we would count Straylightian and Elwynnese independence, or the reforms as reaction to it, as important change).
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

Eras are for fictional history. I used republic for real history, and it's an older system.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Kaiser Ometeotl I wrote:Eras are for fictional history. I used republic for real history, and it's an older system.
That isn't fully correct, is it? After Mahamantot I a new era began. So it's not just for fictional history. :document

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

I think he means "in character" history vs "out of character" history.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Return to “Leto III Hall”