Draft map of Hurmu (old)

Daniel Farewell

Draft map of Hurmu (old)

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Hurmu's Lake District is divided into three provinces: Old Hurmu, Borgarthing and Frostathing. However these provinces are merely traditional and cultural; they do not serve any administrative purpose.

Each coloured area corresponds to populated regions. Even though the heads of the regions are known as huvðingar ("chiefs"), they are not tribal areas.

Traditionally Hurmu people belonged to tribes. But over the years, intermingling between people of different tribes have made the system of tribes redundant. So the regions are a modern form of tribal areas, but people of various origins live there peacefully.

Seeing that Hurmu is a sparsely populated country with much wildlife and nature, the white-coloured territory is unorganized and few people actually live in unorganized territory. An exception is the Band of Ísam, living along the upper shores of the Cashma.

Ryan

Re: Draft map of Hurmu (old)

Post by Ryan »

Neat map. I vaguely remember seeing you post something like this a few years back. Is it the same one?

And just a train of thought: Have you ever considered marking off some large tracts of open land as nature preserves or sanctuaries?
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Daniel Farewell

Nah, the oldest big-scale map of Hurmu is unfortunately lost to time.

Good point about the unorganized territory. People, what say you?

Kaiser Leto III

Post by Kaiser Leto III »

A sanctuary to honour Your Kaiser. :yay:

If help is needed, I can draw you a new map (but then you have to give me a draft version of where those nature preserves and tracks have to come).
Signed by the Nifty Hand of,
Leto III Ozymandias 'the Desired' of the Noble Line of Win'Eth

Polten of Yperpen

Post by Polten of Yperpen »

The people of Hurmu consists of Tribes. Nomads. They need space to move freely and to herd their cattle. There has to be a lot of open space and the population can't be dense. No big cities, no big industrial estates.

Daniel Farewell

I agree. :)

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Is there interest in a new map? I offer my services for a cheap price. :P
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Daniel Farewell

Very much like that.

While we don't have a functioning economy here in Hurmu, perhaps we could offer you something else in return? Is there anything of which you are in need?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Daniel Llai wrote:Very much like that.

While we don't have a functioning economy here in Hurmu, perhaps we could offer you something else in return? Is there anything of which you are in need?
Hhmmm... let me think. I'm doing it for the money so... lets try to ask the Kaiser for some funds. If he denies it, we can always further negotiate about it. :jadie
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Daniel Farewell

If the price is reasonable, I'm sure we can find agreement.

Return to “Territory of Hurmu”