Mini Shirecon

The off-topic. Almost anything goes.
Hypatia Agnesi

Mini Shirecon

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

So, there has been discussion about a possible get-together/Shirecon over the holidays, so let's see who's interested. Please post something if you say you can make it.If you would be travelling, please say whether you would have to stay with someone local. If you have any ideas as to what sorts of activities we should have, please share.)Would you be interested in holding a small Shirecon somewhere in the (San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose) Bay Area this month, while more people are home over the holidays?Yes, for one day only.Yes, for more than one day. No, because I have other obligations for the ENTIRE month.No, because I cannot travel there.No, because I am lame.Show results

Kaiseress Semisa I

Re: Mini Shirecon

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

I live in the area.

UEC

Post by UEC »

I say we get who we can.. and go to Jaoa's! or was it Joao's? for lunch? Dinner? E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Joao's? *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Aww, all you Californians have these nice little cons. I want to be a Californian too!

Kaiseress Semisa I

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

You can move out here...

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

actually, Ric, you used to live a very short distance from California

UEC

Post by UEC »

Brazilian American place off Washington/bascom. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Interesting. I must see this place and taste their food.And I must find my YAC stickers from the second Sonoma Shirecon last year, and stick one somewhere, maybe under a table. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

UEC

Post by UEC »

I think there's one already.. Nick and I.. and others.. frequent this place regularly..I went though with Nick and Alex for my 21st birthday... Had a beer.. and a show of taquila with Joao... Great guy.. insane... and very brazillian.. but a great guy.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

H4773r

Post by H4773r »

as i said in the MINT this sounds like a good idea and im ready to help Here's a site with a little more about me.http://www.geocities.com/t3h_h4773r/H4773r.html

Funky Wombat

Post by Funky Wombat »

Quote: actually, Ric, you used to live a very short distance from CaliforniaOver the Arctic Circle, I'm presuming? Eoinsy

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

no, I was talking about the area in Derby known as California http://www.derbyphotos.co.uk/are...wditch.htm

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I'll see how possible it is for me to come. I'd only be able to make it after New Years as I have family over for Hannukkah earlier, but I might be able to make it if money permits.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

I, however, will be gone by New Years. I will be spending New Years in Thousand Palms with Mike's family. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

UEC

Post by UEC »

I have NO New Years plans.. I don't wanna be alone... E. Metzler (UEC)Count of Monty CriscoFounder of the MCS"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSJoin Shireroth

Rarkasha

Post by Rarkasha »

So... when do we get to deciding the when and the where? --- The first step is admitting I have a problem.Edited by: Rarkasha  at: 12/14/05 22:05

UEC

Post by UEC »

soon? E. Metzler (UEC)Count of Monty CriscoFounder of the MCS"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSJoin Shireroth

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

How does next Thursday-Friday sound to you? That's the 22nd-23rd. I would normally have chosen this weekend coming up, but I will be out of town for my grandmother's birthday, in Fresno. After that, the next weekend would normally be a good choice, except that that's Christmas Eve/Christmas. *sigh*I may need a ride for whatever we do. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Rarkasha

Post by Rarkasha »

Sounds good. Where should we meet? --- The first step is admitting I have a problem.

H4773r

Post by H4773r »

either is good for me Here's a site with a little more about me.http://www.geocities.com/t3h_h4773r/H4773r.html

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Well, since only a couple of people can come for a full day, how about we meet at the restaurant Erik was talking about for lunch on Thursday? I'm guessing we'll end up hanging out at someone's house after that, or something.I can also bring geeky games if other people are interested. In the event that we want to hang out for several hours playing those and someone's house is unavailable, meeting at a restaurant like Denny's, Lyons, or Carrows might be better, as they're more likely to let us stay for a long time. Maybe we can go to the other restaurant on Friday? *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

H4773r

Post by H4773r »

The dennys on first/montery in san jose at noon! thursday.... discuss... Here's a site with a little more about me.http://www.geocities.com/t3h_h4773r/H4773r.html

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Kildare votes Aye (HAHAHA!!!!!).That is to say, sounds good.I might need a ride there, though. Can anyone help out with that? *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Rarkasha

Post by Rarkasha »

Gr........POGSUGHDISDHGKN:*Other random incoherent noises of rage*I had the bad timing to suggest the meeting while my mom is wathcing a show about internet predators, and has amazing arrived at the conclusion that somehow, a chat room is the exact same thing as an internet forum.So shoot me.I can come, but expect the be not-so-subtly watched by a short Chinese woman. --- The first step is admitting I have a problem.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

*resists urge to make a joke* There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Rarkasha

Post by Rarkasha »

Tell it, you fool! --- The first step is admitting I have a problem.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

Ok, what do you call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of a sea?A GOOD START! There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find. Edited by: AngelGuardian93  at: 12/17/05 21:23

Rarkasha

Post by Rarkasha »

I might be able to provide a ride, Hypatia, but that really depends on where you need to be picked up from >_> --- The first step is admitting I have a problem.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

I live in the southern end of Fremont, near the Milpitas border, right near both I-680 and I-880. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Return to “Shrine of Controversy”