Am I really the only person that sees this as just evil?

The off-topic. Almost anything goes.
Jacobus Loki

Am I really the only person that sees this as just evil?

Post by Jacobus Loki »

From the Landsraad, regarding the buying of titles:

http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p154928
Not very many I hope. If they can't afford that, they don't deserve to buy a voice in the Landsraad.
Wake up! Unless you have a bag of erb, you will be made serfs!

And trust me, those of you who do have a bag of erb, it won't be long before you will have no one to lord over, (serfs tend to wander away on-line) thus making you titles useless and empty.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Harvey Steffke

Re: Am I really the only person that sees this as just evil?

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I hate agreeing with you. I really do. You've been such a drama-queen / jackass hybrid lately that agreeing with you on even the littlest thing makes me feel queezy.

But yeah. That single line there alone prompted me to give away all of my erb (to the person who made the line, ironically, but given the nature of how I made it first come first serve then fair is fair) and drop out of this economic sim hopefully for good. I'm done with taxes and entitlement based on money that I'm just not seeing.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

This only covers the Non-Hereditary career path though doesn't it. You'd have to want to be a Thane pretty damned badly to be willing to fork out that much for a three month stint. Would this only cover purchased titles or would it extent to all non-hereditary nobles regardless of the means by which they were appointed?

Kaiseress Anandja II

Post by Kaiseress Anandja II »

Shireroth has to be the place where people overreact the most, myself included. For the next time, perhaps you should voice your opinion instead of being drama queens. I for one at least refuse to pussy-foot around with my opinions just because someone might overreact.

Stop taking everything I say as the voice of the Gods almighty. When you see the words "Imperial" and "Order" or "Decree" in the title, then my word is law. Until then, I reserve the right to debate as everyone else does.

And Jake, when will the drama stop? Your constant exaggeration of everything I do is getting pretty boring.

@ The Khan: This only applies to non-hereditary titles of Civitas or Equestrian ranks (that is Jarl and Thane) when they are bought. The Kaiser and Landsraad still has the power to hand out those titles anyway, and that prerogative will not be removed. That is, if I create Jake Thane, which I have done, he won't have to pay for it. If he buys it, he will have to pay for it.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Lady of the Golden Mango Throne
Countess of Shirekeep
'Ananita, Shika Shilota'i

Kaiseress Anandja II

Oh, and this is a fucking discussion. Please give away your money, but don't blame a discussion for it.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Countess of Shirekeep

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Kaiseress Anandja II wrote:
@ The Khan: This only applies to non-hereditary titles of Civitas or Equestrian ranks (that is Jarl and Thane) when they are bought. The Kaiser and Landsraad still has the power to hand out those titles anyway, and that prerogative will not be removed. That is, if I create Jake Thane, which I have done, he won't have to pay for it. If he buys it, he will have to pay for it.
As far as I am concerned therefore, there is no problem. If a person wants to buy the facility of being Jarl or Thane for a period of time it is really up to them to decide whether it is worth parting with that quantity of erb as specified.

Kaiseress Anandja II

I agree, but apparently serfdom and slavery ensues.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Countess of Shirekeep

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

I think where you went wrong was to imply that actions have consequences - that tends to jar against the untrammelled 'liberty' that Jake seems to favour.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

drama-queen / jackass hybrid
You are right, I have been. Unfortunately, When really pissed off, and trying to stay in character, I end up reverting to cyberia-mode, tentacles, slobbering fangs, whiny voice and all.

So, screw staying in character.

I apologize to Shireroth for behaving badly. Not for making the points I've tried to make, but for acting like a whiny jerk while making them.

I'm not surrendering.

One more time, just for the record-

Forcing people into the economic simulation is evil.

The House system, as presently administered, sucks and should be gutted, reformed or abolished. Houses are just another name for political parties, which are Un-Shirithian.

The forced tendency toward a unified state as opposed to a polyglot Empire sucks majorly.

The new flag is pretty, but belongs in Baracao instead of Shireroth. Unless a Duke or somebody wants it for a subdivision, then what the hey.

That's it, my points in a nutshell. But no more whining.

...and if somebody good at graphics can draw a drama-queen / jackass hybrid, I'd love to see it, and will give them all of my erb. (No, put that mirror away.) :angry :tomcutterhamonfire

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

I would agree were it not for the absence of any discernible coercion.

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

Jacobus Loki wrote:The House system, as presently administered, sucks and should be gutted, reformed or abolished. Houses are just another name for political parties, which are Un-Shirithian.

The forced tendency toward a unified state as opposed to a polyglot Empire sucks majorly.

The new flag is pretty, but belongs in Baracao instead of Shireroth. Unless a Duke or somebody wants it for a subdivision, then what the hey.
These. :evil :smashy :kaiser :mal

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Kaiseress Anandja II wrote:For the next time, perhaps you should voice your opinion instead of being drama queens.
Can't speak in the Landsraad which, I believe strongly, was the entire purpose of doing the debate there: so that people can't just jump into the discussion.

Alos, you're the Kaiseress, every word is law and policy. Don't like it, don't be Kaiseress. Ask Erik how he feels about that one if you're interested.
Aurangzeb Khan wrote:
I would agree were it not for the absence of any discernible coercion.
Well I was advised against dropping out of the sim under the idea that I might have to pay taxes. I sort of hope the government does levy a tax that I'd have to pay personally, just to see how the system would handle it.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Hey, I've got about a hundred erb left, if nobody draws a picture, who wants it?

Kaiseress Anandja II

You can start a thread in the Front Gate, you know. Every word is not law and policy. Please quote the relevant section of the Charter that says that. If you can't, please don't try to teach me Shirerithian law because you know you will loose.

As far as I know and am concerned, if you have 0 Erb you can't pay taxes, ergo, nothing happens.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Countess of Shirekeep

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

You seem to have no grasp on the difference between law and reality. Every word you say IS treated as an absolute. I can't point it out in the Charter because it's not in the charter; it's in the country's mentality and tradition. Geez man, you've been Kaiser before. You're making us both look silly here by not knowing how this works.

As for the Front Gate, I tried to start topics there in times past but they were always ignored in lieu of continuing the debate in the Landsraad. Only debates that start in the Front Gate before ending up in the Landsraad, or topics that get moved out of the Landsraad by force, seem to go anywhere.

Kaiseress Anandja II

I have been Kaiseress before and I know how the system works. No one treated Erik's words as the absolute truth and law, and neither should me be treated as such. If you choose to do so, don't complain afterwards.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Countess of Shirekeep

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

They did once... Now everyone hates me, so now they just attack every word like it was law, but not follow it as if it was law, when I'm Kaiser.. but moving on.

Right now we only have a tax on land, which in a house like Mortis, I would pay as Duke.. so... No taxes as long as I'm in charge of House Mortis.

Return to “Shrine of Controversy”