Forum.

For developing and managing the Commonwealth

Moderators: Chrimigules, Erik Mortis

Jess

Forum.

Post by Jess »

For a less Shirerithian biased commonwealth, I think with should move to an independent forum.

Andreas the Wise

Re: Forum.

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I think it's better to have the forum here. All the current members already have accounts here ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jess

Post by Jess »

But its favoring one member, Shireroth. It isn't fair and people may get the jist that Shireroth is trying to start an empire, I think a new forum would be better and more efficient.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

If at any point Shireroth starts acting like they own the commonwealth and it's members, I'd agree. But they haven't and aren't really showing signs of starting. I'm willing to give their good faith a chance.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

A separate board for a YAMO:

- greatly increases administrative workload, as someone has to install the software, theme the board, take care of keeping it up to date, serve administrative requests, take care of spam, etc.
- saps activity from member states if it is very succesful, tends to lose activity quickly if it isn't
- is appropriate for a complex organisation with a lot of internal political structure, not so much so for one meant to stay informal and task-specific
- encourages the growth of complex internal structure that we don't want
- would need someone to back it up, and archive it in case of death (Shireroth's board already gets automatically backed up by me weekly, and all of our old forums get archived)

Yes, lack of bias would be a nice thing. This isn't a matter of principle or vision, it's just that we know that for strictly practical reasons a separate board would have more down- than upsides. I like a commonwealth that does things in practical ways :).
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I agree with Ari. in Principle, it would make sense to have a separate board. But where? one simply for the commonwealth has all the overhead. And if we hitched a ride on someone else, we are at their mercy. (ie, MCS, microhub, MNN...whatever).

In theory we could have various branches in other boards. For individual treaties.. but that creates all New problems.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

To be honest, MI tried this. The other board failed miserably. We did much better hosting it with a member state.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I started an Assembly vote for this. Might as well make the decision official.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I'm against changing from board. It's easier and more efficient if we just stay here. A seperated forum will doom the organisation.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Return to “Small Commonwealth”