From the Hurmu Reserve Bank

For developing and managing the Commonwealth

Moderators: Chrimigules, Erik Mortis

Arviður

From the Hurmu Reserve Bank

Post by Arviður »

Dear Mr Primate,

Please extent my greetings from the Hurmu Reserve Bank to the members of the unified economy!

I come to you, as Governor of the Hurmu Reserve Bank, with information about the latest developments in Hurmu and Stormark. For some time now, Hurmu has been part of the Viking Empire of Stormark, but recent legislation passed (but not assented to) have made this arrangement difficult to keep. The matter of fact is Hurmu has been part of the Viking Empire as an “autonomous country”, but the recent legislation would, if assented to, make it impossible to keep Hurmu autonomous. Therefore, Hurmu has negotiated a treaty with Stormark, signed, whichw ill hopefully be ratified soon, making Hurmu sovereign once more, but keeping a close relationship with Stormark in “free and voluntary association”.

The Association, so called, will be based on the treaty affixed to the end of this letter.

As the current arrangement, pre-Association, stands, Hurmu has full autonomy on economic matters. That is why Hurmu has its own bank (HRB) and its own bank governor (me!).

The question we face now is what is to become of Hurmu's assets after the Emperor has assented to the legislative changes making Hurmu sovereign.

Would Hurmu have to apply anew for membership and SCUE membership or would Hurmu “inherit” membership by going independent? Or would a third situation occur?

Please be assured of my highest consideration,

Arviður Andelárjunarbróðir
Governor of the Hurmu Reserve Bank
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Andreas the Wise

Re: From the Hurmu Reserve Bank

Post by Andreas the Wise »

When Novatainia merged with Toketi and Relaram into Gralus, we kept our existing SC treaties (mind you, that was before the economic treaty). Based on that precedent, it would seem reasonable to me that Hurmu would 'inherit' all of Stomark's existing treaties without having to undergo membership qualifications. Certainly from the perspective of Bank Admin, since Hurmu's citizens were included within the count of Stormarks for the purposes of allocating currency; and considering that you have negotiated with Stormark how to divide up that currency, it would make perfect sense to me that Hurmu would gain automatic admittance into the SCUE with the funds it currently has.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I would support your simple continuation. Just sign the treaties on your end and post them here for records, tell me your rep and I'll leave the bank stuff to the Admin.

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

Mr Primate;
Your Majesty, King of Novatainia --

Allow me to thank you both for your positive welcome. Hurmu has now ratified the treaties and I will personally sign them here and now. I will also function as Hurmu's representative within this organization.

Yours,

Arviður Andelárjunarbróðir
Councillor for the Nations
Hurmu
Arviður úr Ansinum
Baron of K'Tzuni

Andreas the Wise

Thankyou. I have added Hurmu as a nation to the bank. It currently has the subdivision "Proper" (the generic name the bank provided me). If you'd like other subdivision names, just tell me what you'd like and I'll add them.
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

Cheers.

At the moment Hurmu won't have any banking subdivisions.
Arviður úr Ansinum
Baron of K'Tzuni

Andreas the Wise

Ok, I shall leave it as "Proper". I'll also change all users who are currently in Stormark-Hurmu to Hurmu-Proper.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

Many thanks!
Arviður úr Ansinum
Baron of K'Tzuni

Return to “Small Commonwealth”