Dear MiniTrade

Handles economics and bountying.

Moderator: Andreas the Wise

phineas elastopon

Dear MiniTrade

Post by phineas elastopon »

(I realise you are on LOA, feel free to ignore this until your full and proper return)

I seem to have missed all kinds of developments regarding Shirerithian internal warfare. Under SCIRA I had a small army worth 2000 :erb (all orbatted in the relevant forums and paid for) and this does not seem to have been transferred onto SCOWL. I understand this is a different system, so that's fine.

Before I left Shireroth, I established a trust protecting some 950-odd erb (the Bacchic Fund) that I had as spare change as well as that 2000 erb army. I would like to seek some kind of recompensation for the Bacchic Trust, preferably 2000 erbs up front to the Bacchic Fund account from the relevant governmental authorities. Essentially I invested the money in those troops before my departure to ensure all my money was not in one form, liquid or asset, but now what with developments of these recwar programmes the Bacchic Trust has essentially been robbed of most of its worth.
Phineas Elastopon (formerly known as Benkern, Bacchus etc.)
Republic of Antica
Inquisitor

Andreas the Wise

Re: Dear MiniTrade

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Hmm, now you're making me think.

As I recall, the deal with transferring from SCIRA to SCOWL was that your troops purchased in SCIRA could be instantly transferred to SCOWL. A bit of a cop out, considering the fortunes spent; but since I personally invested a lot more than anyone else, and considering the state of the Imperial Treasury at the time, I think I felt justified in making that call. I could be wrong; but I'm pretty sure that was how it was done. So assume that your SCIRA armies count in the Khan's new system in the same way any SCOWL armies did.

If you really want to keep pursuing compensation for the Bacchic Funds, by all means, ask the Kaiser. I tend to feel I don't have the authority to throw around large amounts of money without consulting him. That said, I would add this caveat - if you are compensated for that, it would only seem fair that other people who purchased armies under SCIRA and were never compensated (ie everyone, if my memory serves me correctly) would also receive appropriate compensation in an equivalent proportion to your own. The Kaiser would of course have to consider that in making the decision.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

phineas elastopon

Thank you for the reply. I will take the matter to the Kaiser and mention your analysis of the implications of such a decision, and link to this thread.
Republic of Antica
Inquisitor

phineas elastopon

The Kaiser has ruled in favour of compensation and I leave it to you, good Minister, to organise the movement of funds from the relevant account to the Bacchic Fund.
Republic of Antica
Inquisitor

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

The money has been transferred, as per the Kaiser's ruling.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Return to “Ministry of Trade”