MiniTrade Direction

Handles economics and bountying.

Moderator: Andreas the Wise

Andreas the Wise

MiniTrade Direction

Post by Andreas the Wise »

MiniTrade direction over the coming months will be directed towards the Small Commonwealth United Economy as a whole - building it up, and, where possible, exporting Shireroth's economic model.

Shireroth's economic model is that of people feeling responsible for territory, and paying to aid its development. It seems to have been a clear reason for people to spend money, and to have encouraged economic activity. A couple months ago, Shireroth's economy was stagnant in the extreme. Now its ticking over quite nicely again. My aim is to now get other nations to tick over quite nicely too, a position I am uniquely able to do considering I hold similar positions in Gralus and Nelaga, and as Admin of the SC Bank.

Gralus in particular, thanks to the distribution of funds, is quite wealthy at the moment, but for the most part, the Gralan's haven't learnt to spend that wealth. On the other hand, Shirithians are relatively speaking, poor (because they sink their wealth into SCIRA, and the Gralus war-thing-to-sink-wealth-into hasn't been quite completed yet), but have plenty of skills to sell. Putting the two together seems a match made in heaven, though I can't do it alone. I encourage all Shirithians who'd like some more money to go over to Gralus and offer your services - make them realise how much they need you - and then charge them through the teeth for it.

In first year economics, it is commonly said, "If you make the pie bigger, everyone gets a bigger slice." It may not be true, but in this case, I think it's a good guiding principle. My actions may not always seem to be defending Shireroth. I certainly won't act to ensure Shirithian businesses always prevail over foreign ones. My actions will be directed towards getting everyone involved in the economy, whatever their nation, and getting the necessary links in place so that :erb , GELT, µ, Natopi and any other SCUC can effortlessly be spent across borders. This is not the real world. There are no tariffs, no restrictions on international credit flows, no need to track imports or exports. As far as the economy is concerned, you should act as if there are no borders. The only thing that creates a difficulty is that we are on different forums (and no, I am not and never would propose the SCUE go onto one forum, nor get a separate forum, that would be stupid). We just need to get the nations used to interacting with eachother and aware of what eachother has to buy, and to sell. When we can get that going well, we will have the greatest micronational economy of all time, and, I think, may have truly achieved that holy grail of micronational economics - an economy that continues to function well after a month. That is, an economy that works!

(for all this fancy speech, I'll be on LOA from 1st-17th July, popping in intermittently. After I return, if things haven't all fallen apart in my absence, I hope to begin negotiations with the Dutch Sector, and start working out how we can turn the Small Commonwealth bank into the a bank for all micronations, even if we don't all have the same currency. I know that such a thing has been done before, but it failed, and returning to it is of no use. What an economy needs is to be organic - to grow, and develop with the people involved. The Shirithian economy has done that, and the SCUE is starting to do that. We shall, I hope, grow into the core of a new, sector wide economy ...)
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Re: MiniTrade Direction

Post by Jonas »

The only thing that creates a difficulty is that we are on different forums (and no, I am not and never would propose the SCUE go onto one forum, nor get a separate forum, that would be stupid).
Let us make a central page with enough information. I propose writing a wiki article, it's easy editable by everyone. :document
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Andreas the Wise

The Service List partly fulfils that function, but only partly.
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Andreas the Wise wrote:The Service List partly fulfils that function, but only partly.
But you always have to update the list. And it's a good list, but a centralized (wiki) page where everyone can look for or offer services could be a help. I know not everyone will look to it, but we can try. The list you make can still be used. :document
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I want to say that I'm enthusiastic about the SC economy. We have many services and clients without losing our (political and economical) independence. This could work. :angel

Kaiseress Anandja I

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

During my ten years in micronationalism, this is by far the most successful economic system I've ever seen. I am proud that it originated in Shireroth. :thumbsup
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Kaiseress Anandja I wrote:During my ten years in micronationalism, this is by far the most successful economic system I've ever seen. I am proud that it originated in Shireroth. :thumbsup
:p
The High Priest of Bacchus, or Dionysos Eleutherios, the bull-horned god
The poster formerly known as Benkern
Eaaaaohhh! Join in the dance!
official representative of the Channel Islanders in Yardistan

Kaiseress Anandja I

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

:p to you too. :p
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I think it's a rather cruel joke to pester me into finally creating an account only for the login to not actually let me log in.

Andreas the Wise

I blame Erik for that.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Austi_Scot

Post by Austi_Scot »

This is a good direction and deserves the help of the Ministry of the Exterior.

But how can that be done - I know, I know!
Austi Scot
Former Citizen

May Kaiser Mises I rule soon.
-----------------------------
Former Citizen
One Time Order of The Phoenix
Impartial Envisionor

Baron Von_Scot of Hallucination
The future Kaiser Mises I
Former Cessor of Shireroth.
What does the Cessor do?

Return to “Ministry of Trade”