QUARREL + Anunia

Handles national defense and recwars
Jonas

QUARREL + Anunia

Post by Jonas »

So, we several kinds of recwar types. These include the famous Anunia and QUARREL with Attila.

This is a question for Andreas and Scott: I like QUARREL and its system of calculations. I would promote the use of it, if it wasn't for this little disadvantage: I prefer the use of Anunia units and the 10,000 points. Can't you create a separated version which combine those units with the calculator? :document

Perhaps I ask too much, and I remember that Gralus was trying to establish a new system. But haven't heard anything about it in a while...
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Harvey Steffke

Re: QUARREL + Anunia

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I don't think there's anything limiting how much you can put into Attila. I just ran battle #114, the Battle of 10000 soldiers, which each side had 10000 infantry, and it handled it fine. I can't link to the battle directly to show you, but you can find it in the logs.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Harvey Steffke wrote:I don't think there's anything limiting how much you can put into Attila. I just ran battle #114, the Battle of 10000 soldiers, which each side had 10000 infantry, and it handled it fine. I can't link to the battle directly to show you, but you can find it in the logs.
Yeah, that works fine for me too. But not all the Anunia units are added to the list in the calculator. That's what I try to say. ;)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

One of my (many) holiday projects is rejigging QUARREL. I'm going to release a base version, which is deliberately as simple as it can go (no range or position, just the core units and upgrades, no AA). And incorporate a proper help system.

Theoretically, one could make ATTILA calculate battles for individual units and not batallions, as it currently does. However, the key thing is balance. It's useless if it's not balanced between units. I think Scott's basic balancing is right; but it works as battalions and not as individual units. Remember that in Anunia 1 Tank = 50 points = 50 Infantry. In QUARREL, 1 Armor = 5 $ = 5 Infantry. As a start example. So it would require deliberate and more detailed rebalancing for Anunia style units. Also, it still requires each unit to be added individually to be useable.

Just saying.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Return to “Ministry of Military Affairs”