Iridia extends a hand of friendship to Shireroth!

Negotiates with foreign powers; make diplomatic requests here

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Silvanus314

Iridia extends a hand of friendship to Shireroth!

Post by Silvanus314 »

Good day! I am Silvanus I, a member of the Ruling Council of The Grand Empire of Iridia, as well as the head ( :jadie ) of The Lord's Church ( :jesus ). I have come on the orders of His Excellency The Emperor Christopher I, to extend an offer of friendly and mutually prosperous relations with Shireroth. Let me tell you a little bit about Iridia:

Government:
We are a constitutional monarchy, headed by His Excellency, Emperor Christopher I. Beneath His Excellency, we have the Prime Minister, who is concerned with the more mundane issues of state. Also, we have the Ruling Council, four advisors to His Excellency.

We also have three ministries who deal with specific areas, the Ministry of Home Affairs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Ministry of Defense.

We have a General Assembly, in which each citizen has a vote, that makes laws, which His Excellency can reject or accept as he sees fit.

We also have a Supreme Court that settles all matters of jurisdiction within the Empire.

Our constitution in full can be found here:
Empire of Iridia-The constitution

Language:
The official language of the Empire is Iridiaiga, though English is used in most affairs. An introduction to Iridiaiga can be found here: Iridiaiga-lesson one

Culture:
The Empire has a rich cultural history, and the Lord's Church plays a very large part in that. The territory of Tarunis (in the process of becoming the duchy of Tarunis) has many great ruins and beautiful landscapes, representative of the complex history of the Empire.

Anything more you wish to learn about Iridia can be found at our website and it's appending forums: The Official Website of The Empire of Iridia

If it is acceptable to you, I shall pass along your "treaty-in-a-can" to His Excellency and the Ruling Council, and we shall make such changes as we feel necessary.

I look forward to long and peaceful relations with Shireroth.

Jess

Re: Iridia extends a hand of friendship to Shireroth!

Post by Jess »

Welcome to Shireroth my friend!

The Aristocrats will be with you in a moment

Silvanus314

Post by Silvanus314 »

Many thanks. How do they wish to be adressed?

By the way, I would like to compliment you on your rich collection of smileys. :archy

:jesus + :jadie + :worship = :angel

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

My apologies for not attending to this. Yes, the treaty in a can would be standard. Please pass this along to his Excellency:
BETWEEN SHIREROTH AND THE GRAND EMPIRE OF IRIDIA

WHEREAS the two countries of the IMPERIAL REPUBLIC OF SHIREROTH and the THE GRAND EMPIRE OF IRIDIA, having come into contact with one another and and finding their interests to be coincident, do desire to formalize and secure their cordial feelings, they do agree:

FIRST, that each recognize the other as a sovereign and independent country, possessed of all the rights entailed thereby

SECOND, that both countries commit to resolve all mutual disputes peacefully, using a neutral third party agreed to by both should this prove impossible by normal channels

THIRD, that both countries shall remain open and accessible to tourists and other visitors from one another, barring national emergencies or other such security issues

FOURTH, that both recognize one another as the rightful owner of all territory, real and imaginary, that they claim.

FIFTH, that proper channels of communication shall be opened between them, so as to facilitate dialogue and future cooperation.

SIXTH, Iridia shall never participate in an attack upon the holdings of Shireroth.

Iridiagov

Post by Iridiagov »

I would like to make this change:

BETWEEN SHIREROTH AND THE GRAND EMPIRE OF IRIDIA

WHEREAS the two countries of the IMPERIAL REPUBLIC OF SHIREROTH and the THE GRAND EMPIRE OF IRIDIA, having come into contact with one another and and finding their interests to be coincident, do desire to formalize and secure their cordial feelings, they do agree:

FIRST, that each recognize the other as a sovereign and independent country, possessed of all the rights entailed thereby

SECOND, that both countries commit to resolve all mutual disputes peacefully, using a neutral third party agreed to by both should this prove impossible by normal channels

THIRD, that both countries shall remain open and accessible to tourists and other visitors from one another, barring national emergencies or other such security issues

FOURTH, that both recognize one another as the rightful owner of all territory, real and imaginary, that they claim.

FIFTH, that proper channels of communication shall be opened between them, so as to facilitate dialogue and future cooperation.

SIXTH, Iridia shall never participate in an attack upon the holdings of Shireroth.

SEVENTH Shireroth shall never participate in an attack upon the holdings of Iridia.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I was wondering when somebody'd notice :D. We offered that same treaty to USSRAT and actually got Ocia to accept it, and nobody seemed to have a problem with it yet :p

(seriously though, those no-attack-upon-your-holdings clauses weren't there at all in the original Treaty-In-A-Can, and it might be a good idea to leave them out anyway for the purpose of recwars)
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I was wondering too ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

It's a treaty of recognition. If you attack us, we cease to recognize you. This is not a non-aggression pact. I think that's the reasoning behind it.

Although, I am all for such a clause...

Iridiagov

Post by Iridiagov »

Then perhaps we should drop the clause:

BETWEEN SHIREROTH AND THE EMPIRE OF IRIDIA

Return to “Ministry of the Exterior”