Micronational Parallels

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Hegemon Jason Rhode

Micronational Parallels

Post by Hegemon Jason Rhode »

Very interesting! Just read "Micronational Clique" posting on the LoM Board. Curious, curious. Of course, it WAS done before some people here made their names, and before the Hegemony was founded (when was that, by the way? Exactly?). Now that we're up and running, who do we parallel in the real world? And which individuals would we line up with?Hegemony-Unsure. A nascent U.S. maybe?Myself-not too sureAu-Alan Greenspan wasn't too far off, but I'd compare you more to John Maynard Keynes - more of an economist than simply a "manager", exercises control over the markets but also devises formulas to make it flow.UEC-General MacArthur, if only because he doesn't lose too often, and when does, swears bloddy revenge. "I shall return...."Ed-If we're going historical, Bismarck, i.e. Statseman and Politician. If we're going modern...Marshall, I think. Maybe Richard Holbrooke, too.Scott-You might say Silvio Berlusconi, the media-magnate who founded a coalition and who recently became the leader of the Italian state. But the choice on the LoM list...Tony Blair..doesn't seem too far off.That's all I can think of so far. Any thoughts? Your opinions? - The Hegemon"Where is Great Alexander?""Great Alexander Lives And Reigns."

Kaiser Metzler I

Re: Micronational Parallels

Post by Kaiser Metzler I »

hmmm another reason McArthur works for me... I love a good war... Polemarch of the Hegemony of AlexandrosE. Metzler "UEC", eik'mol bom'eth"Death awaits everyone, it's just that it has less patience for some...""Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Stjepan Aracic

Post by Stjepan Aracic »

isn't Berlusconi just a tad bit too conservative for scott? ;) Spiralling to the ground below, Like Autumn leaves left in the wake to fade away... Waking up to your sound again, And lapse into the ways of misery....Pull me down again, And guide me into pain... Opeth - The Drapery FallsWelcome to Dying...

Kaiser Metzler I

The Hegemon is Truman..... President Harry S. Truman... hehehe.. if for anything then for the fact that he and mcarthor alway never got along... and the hegemon and me seem to fight alot.. so...heheh Polemarch of the Hegemony of AlexandrosE. Metzler "UEC", eik'mol bom'eth"Death awaits everyone, it's just that it has less patience for some...""Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Hubert - Usama bin Laden Bill DuschBil'Per Car'SetPresident of BGIMember of the PaladinsBaron of the Palatinate of ElpidosJustice of the Court of Alexandros"My friends, no matter how rough the road may be, we can and we will, never, never surrender to what is right." - Dan Quayle, in a speech to the Christian Coalition"The fundamental question is, 'Will I be a successful president when it comes to foreign policy?' I will be, but until I'm the president, it's going to be hard for me to verify that I think I'll be more effective." - George W. Bush

Assassinite

Post by Assassinite »

LOL!! Yeah right!He's like an old hermit who gets mad that everyone else has money and good homes while he's stuck on the streets, and throws cans at everyone who isn't poor like him, calling them fascists. He tries to act like he deserves to be taken in by someone, yet he secretely just wants to take someone's home and kick the person out, he doesn't care about those other "fascists". And very often does he try to break into houses and attempt to steal homes, but he can't even pick the locks. :lol Free Assassination service! Just give a valid Name, Country, City, Phone Number, and Address of the person. Sign up for our service now and you'll receive a free Brainsucking Pineapple!!

Stjepan Aracic

Post by Stjepan Aracic »

Me - That guy that everyone forgot Spiralling to the ground below, Like Autumn leaves left in the wake to fade away... Waking up to your sound again, And lapse into the ways of misery....Pull me down again, And guide me into pain... Opeth - The Drapery FallsWelcome to Dying...

Kaiser Metzler I

who? Polemarch of the Hegemony of AlexandrosE. Metzler "UEC", eik'mol bom'eth"Death awaits everyone, it's just that it has less patience for some...""Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

CINC Patrick

Compare Me to Somebody-NT

Post by CINC Patrick »

NT

Scott Alexander

Re: Compare Me to Somebody-NT

Post by Scott Alexander »

After Berluscio's most recent...comments...I can't say I appreciate the comparision... "Let him who seeks, not cease seeking until he finds, and when he finds, he will be troubled, and when he has been troubled, he will marvel and he will reign over the All." ~ The Gospel According to Thomas ~

Stjepan Aracic

Post by Stjepan Aracic »

to be blunt...it wouldn't be particularly flattering for anyone to be compared to Berlusconi...not exactly a nice man... Spiralling to the ground below, Like Autumn leaves left in the wake to fade away... Waking up to your sound again, And lapse into the ways of misery....Pull me down again, And guide me into pain... Opeth - The Drapery FallsWelcome to Dying...

Kaiser Metzler I

Better then Hitler........ *glares at GS....* *plays with knife on desk* Polemarch of the Hegemony of AlexandrosE. Metzler "UEC", eik'mol bom'eth"Death awaits everyone, it's just that it has less patience for some...""Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Return to “General Discussion”