Shireroth National Baseball League

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Austi Scot

Shireroth National Baseball League

Post by Austi Scot »

I am very interested in having sports as part of our economy. As part of this effort I have started a Fantasy Baseball League on Yahoo. The league is called Shireroth National Baseball and the League ID# is 399680. I have also started the first team – called Hallucianation – after my County in Kildare. I’m looking to sell my team also – if someone would rather purchase the league from me and be the Commissioner I will keep my team. I hope I don’t have to keep both. If someone purchases the league I will do all I can to help them.This league is limited to 12 teams and we must have a minimum of 4 teams to operate the league, and it must also be an even number of teams.A team owner will pick team members from all real world baseball players, both NL and AL, with a limit of 21 players and a limit on each given position. I will give team owners more details.To have a team you must buy a position in the league with Erb – 500 Erb per team.I intend to sell tickets to the games – fans must agree not to publish game results as a condition of ticket purchase. Game results will be sent to those who purchase tickets – and provide an email address.Team owners will split 80% of the Erb from the ticket sales. Six teams can make the playoffs. Each of those six teams will receive 10% of the entry fee received from all teams. The team winning the playoffs will receive another 20% of that same Erb, the second place team will receive 10% and the third place team will receive 5%.Winners receive: 4 teams ………. 6 teams …………. 12 teams1st place ………….. 600 Erb ………. 1000 Erb …………. 1800 Erb2nd place …………. 400 Erb ……..…. 600 Erb …………. . 1200 Erb3rd place …………. 300 Erb …………. 450 Erb …………. 900 Erb4th place …………. 200 Erb ………… 300 Erb …………… 600 Erb5th place ………….. NA ………………. 300 Erb …………. 600 Erb6th place ………….. NA ………………. 300 Erb …………. 600 Erb The deadline for purchasing a team is April 22, 2004.Team owners will need to have their team information completed by April 28, 2004.If a team owner has a yahoo login they can complete their own team selections. If a team owner doesn’t have a yahoo login they can provide the information to the Commissioner who has the responsibility of entering the info into yahoo. Who wants a team?Austi ScotMiniTrade

Erik Mortis

Re: Shireroth National Baseball League

Post by Erik Mortis »

Hmm...Rrakanychan Inc. sponsoring a team? hmmm... I like it! Erik Mortis BrookshireCount of Monty CriscoCommoner of AlexandrettaHeir to the Line of Metzler/Mortis/RaynorBig Cheese of Rrakanychan Inc.Shirerithian ElderGeneral in the YAC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I'm a bit confused.. I don't know anything about real-life baseball.. and nothing of the players...So I make this offer!I am willing to pay for ANY teams entry fee with the agreement I get 15-20% of the teams profits. (THis allows people with no money to get a team...)If you are interested let me know here... I'm proly only going to offer this deal to 2-3 teams.Any takers? Erik Mortis BrookshireCount of Monty CriscoCommoner of AlexandrettaHeir to the Line of Metzler/Mortis/RaynorBig Cheese of Rrakanychan Inc.Shirerithian ElderGeneral in the YAC

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I sent you 500E for a Hyperborean team. Edited by: Scott of Hyperborea  at: 4/14/04 6:56 pm

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

Lac Glacie is entering a Team!(Sponsered and paid for by Clarke Benford)you wanna be a manager? you wanna manage a Baseball League? Of course you do!Manage Lac Glacie's team, and you will get.. CASH! and GLORY!contact me. "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought." Edited by: david northworthy beckford  at: 4/14/04 6:57 pm

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Using my personal funds I'de like to purchase a team for Rrakanychan inc.Where do I send the money? and make my league? Erik Mortis BrookshireCount of Monty CriscoCommoner of AlexandrettaHeir to the Line of Metzler/Mortis/RaynorBig Cheese of Rrakanychan Inc.Shirerithian ElderGeneral in the YACEdited by: Erik Mortis Brookshire at: 4/14/04 6:56 pm

Mattlore Devious

Post by Mattlore Devious »

I am tempted to join, Indeed I am

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

Great – we have four teams already, so the league is a go!All team owners are to pay the account of Shireroth_Baseball.Team: ……………………….. Owner: …………………. Manager:Hallucination ……………. Austi Scot ………………… Austi ScotRrakanychan ……….. Erik Morts Brookshire ………… ?? Hyperborean …..…….. Scott of Hyperborea …………. Scott of Hyperborrea Lac Glacie ……………. David Beckford …………….. David Beckford Additional teams will be accepted into the league until April 22, 2004 or until there are 12 teams.If you want a team but don’t have the funds there are loans available from MiniTrade. I also see that private loans are available. The interest rate on the loan from MiniTrade will be 3.25% or 17.50 Erb - the payments will be ten equal payments of 51.75 Erb, due within three days after each payday. Advance payments are acceptable but there is no discount for early payment. I need an email address for each team manager. Also, team managers, let me know if you have or will be creating a yahoo login. You having a yahoo login is the best way to go – cuz then you get to manager your own team. The services rendered by the Commissioner will be limited and not active management. You do not create a league – you log into yahoo, go to the Shireroth league and create your team.Note: Scot – you paid me personally it appears. I will transfer your payment to the Shireroth_Baseball account.Tickets will be 5 Erb per game – ticket purchasers must pay in advance and provide an email address with each purchase. By purchasing a ticket you agree to not publish the game – however you may repeat the final score and talk about the game in private communications with others who have purchased a ticket to the same game.The schedule will be published when known. A list of ticket holders will be published.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I'll be manager of my team.. (unless someone else wants to do it.. and get paid?)I'll transfer the money shortly... and I'll proly rename the team... but the profits are ALL to go to Rrakanychan Inc. Erik Mortis BrookshireCount of Monty CriscoCommoner of AlexandrettaHeir to the Line of Metzler/Mortis/RaynorBig Cheese of Rrakanychan Inc.Shirerithian ElderGeneral in the YAC

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

ok, I've set the league up so that your team can be automaticially picked. You don't have to make trades or any do other things if you don't want. All team owners/managers - email me at austi_scot@hotmail.com I need to know if you will have a yahoo login or if I need to do that stuff for you. Be sure to send me your team name at the least.

Return to “General Discussion”