Concerning Spheres of Influence

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiser B'caw I

Concerning Spheres of Influence

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

In reference to the Spheres of Influence proposal, I'm thinking of how to translate it into Decreebook-speak. Let me know how the following works as an amendment to Decreebook VI.B; if it looks all right, I'll serve it up in a decree.
B. Imperial Lands
1: Definition

a. All counties that are not currently assigned to a House shall be known as Imperial Lands.

2: Development
a. Imperial Lands are laid open to any Shirerithian interests that wish to explore, exploit, develop, or colonize them. Citizens of Shireroth need not seek Imperial permission before attempting to develop Imperial Lands.
b. The Kaiser or Landsraad may choose to evict a person, corporation, or House from an Imperial Land if they demonstrate a willful disregard for its populace or culture. Such a person's work will be deemed "non-canon" and can be explained away by future colonizers in any way they wish. That person will be banned from any further development work in that area, or, depending on the scale of the offense, in Imperial Lands.

3: Administration
a. The Kaiser or Landsraad may choose to grant the title of Count to those who have done exceptional work developing an Imperial Land. The Count of a land, and the House to which zie belongs will have control over a land, its armies, its resources, and its development so long as zie holds the title over said Imperial Lands.
b. The Kaiser or Landsraad may choose to revoke Countships at their pleasure.
c. Any Imperial Land that is neither assigned to a House nor under active development shall be directly administered by the Kaiser.

4: Influence Maps
a. The official in charge of cartography will, at reasonable intervals, release maps showing what Shirerithian counties are under what degree of influence from which Houses.

Erik Mortis

Re: Concerning Spheres of Influence

Post by Erik Mortis »

I like it.

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

The candor you guys have about holding influence over other nations is awesome.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Elliot Markham wrote:The candor you guys have about holding influence over other nations is awesome.
What are you talking about?
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

Malliki Tosha wrote:
Elliot Markham wrote:The candor you guys have about holding influence over other nations is awesome.
Trust in :mal and you'll know the answer.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Elliot Markham wrote:
Malliki Tosha wrote:
Trust in :mal and you'll know the answer.
Either you can't read, or you're a moron. My money is on both.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Um. Yeah. This sort of proposal is entirely for internal spheres of influence, building on the idea that people want land to be "earned" through cultural development rather than gifted and then potentially ignored but trapped under someone's uncaring rule indefinitely. It has nothing whatsoever with other micronations.

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

Harvey Steffke wrote:Um. Yeah. This sort of proposal is entirely for internal spheres of influence, building on the idea that people want land to be "earned" through cultural development rather than gifted and then potentially ignored but trapped under someone's uncaring rule indefinitely. It has nothing whatsoever with other micronations.
Ah, ok. It appears I misread the legislation. After rereading it I do understand now that it applies to Shirerithian internal spheres of influence. I suppose what threw me off is that the term 'spheres of influence' is typically applied to other nations. But then I am coming to realize that with the new House system, which was not around the last time I was a Shirerithian citizen, Shireroth indeed is seeing develop its own internal spheres of influence.

The general principle of giving Land in exchange Cultural Development for is innovative but also logical.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Malliki Tosha wrote:Either you can't read, or you're a moron. My money is on both.
Mike.. stop being an ass. It's one thing to call someone on something, another thing to be an unnecessary dick about it.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Well, he is a moron. Why do you think no one likes him?
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Return to “General Discussion”