Absolutism in Hanover

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

cmcqueeny

Absolutism in Hanover

Post by cmcqueeny »

Friends:

There is little which can now be done about it, but I wish to make everyone aware that absolute monarchy has now replaced the rule of law in Hanover.

I, and my three colleagues in the Whig Party, have just been convicted of treason without trial or the right to defend ourselves, have been excommunicated from the Church of Hanover, illegally deprived of our citizenship, and our posting abilities on the forum have been revoked. All of this was done by royal decree, without any legal power to justify it.

This is punishment for posting an ultimatum to the King demanding constitutional monarchy, and threatening to leave if it was not granted. A bit of an excessive response in my opinion, but I'm somewhat proud to be run out of town for my principles.

I encourage all free micronations to take a stand against this totalitarian behaviour.

Yours sincerely,

Christopher McQueeny

Erik Mortis

Re: Absolutism in Hanover

Post by Erik Mortis »

ummm... you're kinda barking up the wrong tree... we are an absolute(ish) monarchy....

Kaiseress Anandja I

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

Yeah, but we rarely kick people out for saying what they think. At least not lately.
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Lately... :rolleyes
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

I'd say that besides trees and baby-talk, that would be Shireroth's other major tradition.

So, Hanover is attempting to gain some new citizens through an insultingly veiled soap-opera plot line eh? Well maybe if they weren't such huge, idea-thieving pricks to everyone in the past, people might be more receptive.

Hesam is GTFO.

cmcqueeny

Post by cmcqueeny »

Oh, I assure you, this is no attempt to gain citizens. Far from it. Next time I see someone trying to join Hanover, I shall do whatever I can to persuade them otherwise.

I am obviously aware of Shireroth's system of government. But that's the thing: this is how things are done in Shireroth, and everyone knows that when they join up. Hanover claims to be a freedom-loving constitutional monarchy, but has in fact become a hypocritical despotism.

In any case, this post was not so much intended to elicit an official national response, as it was to let the friends I have or used to have in Shireroth know of this injustice.

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Paying 80 cents a liter for gas is an injustice, your pantomime in Hanover is more of an occurrence.

cmcqueeny

Post by cmcqueeny »

Whatever. I'm not sure what I ever did to you to merit such treatment, but it is of no importance.

My primary mission at this point is to discredit Hanover, and it seems that is already taken care of here.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

cmcqueeny wrote:Whatever. I'm not sure what I ever did to you to merit such treatment...
Considering who was speaking to whom and about what - the mere fact of your active existence was probably deemed justification enough. :rolleyes

Prince Ísur-Ai

Post by Prince Ísur-Ai »

Why do you treat the Christopher guy this way? I mean, he was one of the founders of Hanover and being kicked out of one's country is no fun thing. And shouldn't be GTFO about.

I am totally in sympathy with him.

If I was to be kicked out of a country I loved, I'd be madly angry about it.

Kostalan Rottsaa

Post by Kostalan Rottsaa »

For what it means, Brookshire supports your position, and we wish to offer you refuge here until the situation is resolved. I do not think it is our place to actively intervene, however.
Kostalan Rottsaa
Duke of Brookshire

Count of Asantelian
Count of McCallavre
Count of Lesser Attera
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Bocaj: You are the Spiral Nemesis, Reynardine! You are the end of all things!
HEIL KAISER!

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

I for one have no intention of invading second life. :knife

cmcqueeny

Post by cmcqueeny »

Of course, as I said, I do not ask for any official response. If I did, I would be posting in the Ministry of the Exterior.

I'm still not sure why I apparently have a terrible reputation with some people here. Certainly I've done a lot of stupid things in my time, but I can't recall anything that would have effected Shireroth... My apologies to Mr. Jayatar, et al., for whatever it was. Or for being a former Hanoverian, if that's all it is.

And former is the word, for even if I was welcomed back in the Kingdom, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole now. Not while Justin is king, or while James Murphy has any measure of authority.

Kostalan Rottsaa

They have nothing against you, they're just Babkhan. :document

From what I can tell, you personally have no reputation around here.
Kostalan Rottsaa
Duke of Brookshire

Count of Asantelian
Count of McCallavre
Count of Lesser Attera
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
HEIL KAISER!

cmcqueeny

Post by cmcqueeny »

Well, that's good then.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Kostalan Rottsaa wrote:They have nothing against you, they're just Babkhan. :document

From what I can tell, you personally have no reputation around here.

They're just Babkhan?
Excuse me... don't bring me into this. I wasn't having a go at him just because he was formerly associated with Hanover I was just pointing out that he was being treated like something unfortunate that had been trodden into the carpet by a thoughtless visitor because of his being formerly associated with Hanover. There is quite a difference. :document

Anyway, Hanover has been strongly disliked in some quarters for perceived hypocrisy and pomposity for quite a long while, its not necessarily surprising that resentment still lingers and flares up even directed at fleeing dissidents. :evil

Kostalan Rottsaa

Hanover has been strongly disliked, not our friend Mr. McQueeny, here.
Kostalan Rottsaa
Duke of Brookshire

Count of Asantelian
Count of McCallavre
Count of Lesser Attera
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
HEIL KAISER!

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Kostalan Rottsaa wrote:Hanover has been strongly disliked...
Spot the Freudian slip. :yay:

Kostalan Rottsaa

There's a freudian slip there? It's common knowledge that Hanover is rather disliked...
Kostalan Rottsaa
Duke of Brookshire

Count of Asantelian
Count of McCallavre
Count of Lesser Attera
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
HEIL KAISER!

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

You're right I scanned the sentence wrong. :fish

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Just because it's shireroth's dull cow-eyed tradition to be nice to people without a single thought rattling through its collective head as to why, does not make it correct.

If you need any reason to dislike hanover beyond the usual gallery of greasy, over-lit tableaux of grown men stuffed in the undersized bric-a-brac of various unearned uniforms. I present a personal favourite:

(I call this one: "Attempting to impress a six year old and failing")
Last edited by Hesam Jayatar on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

I call that one Halloween ;)

Still its a bit... *goes off to find the words*

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

I can think of a few: Roast chicken, trotters, unsettling, bizarre, nice hat.

Kostalan Rottsaa

Hey, someone has to be nice...
Kostalan Rottsaa
Duke of Brookshire

Count of Asantelian
Count of McCallavre
Count of Lesser Attera
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
HEIL KAISER!

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Hesam Jayatar wrote:Just because it's shireroth's dull cow-eyed tradition to be nice to people without a single thought rattling through its collective head as to why
You know, although we were ostensibly a simulation of a Persian state we never quite got the hang of the whole ta'arof thing

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Good point oh soft one, however you must recall we are merely simulating a Persian micronation, we are not actually Persian. In reality we remain throat-slitting westerners.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

If I recall my Victor Davis Hanson that therefore is a deviation from total fidelity of simulation; for while it is the western way to smash an enemy with all available force at the first offing the eastern approach of inviting your opponent to sit down, take some refreshment, feel at ease and then point out some event of interest up in the heavens inviting the guest-foe to crane his head upwards stretching his neck out invitingly for the knife - would have greater cultural authenticity in terms of sheer bastardy.

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

I believe the great Arab warrior Muhammad Ali would call that; 'the rope-a-dope'

But perhaps I'm being to brutal.

cmcqueeny

Post by cmcqueeny »

As far as hypocrisy and pomposity are concerned, I entirely agree. Whether or not it showed to the outside world, when I was prime minister I tried to curb those tendencies inasmuch as was possible; but one can only do so much when half the population didn't even think we should use the word "micronation". Oh heavens no, we were supposedly something of an entirely different order, a bit micronationish perhaps, but much better than those children over there in [insert-mainstream-micronation-here]. Never really bought it myself.

As for the uniforms and Alexander's wonderful photo there, frankly most of the rank-and-file Hanoverians thought it was pretty weird, but didn't want to rock the boat. James Murphy, AKA King James I, likes to dress up, and Alexander I followed suit. Now Hanover has an amazingly-ghastly photoshopped picture of James II on their homepage.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Yes stop rambling - join us - start rambling again to your hearts content (it then counts as activity you see...) :evil

Return to “General Discussion”