Shirithian and Shirlanian government

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

UnknownwonknU

Shirithian and Shirlanian government

Post by UnknownwonknU »

*waves*Hello all, again! With some heated discussions taking part in Straylight, it has been brought to our attention that some governmental "ideas" need to be discussed and worked out amongst our "peoples". Shirlan is a somewhat "new" nation, to those around these parts. The governmental structure is being established and worked out and with collaboration within Shireroth, things will meld, and our peoples will be better able to work together, within the general purpose of Shirlan, which is peacefully.Well, firstly, Kaiser Meskan I, it is requested that some council be forthcoming with yourself and Shirlan's Duchess, Sairi Vakanan. She has asked me to relay to you that she requests some discussion to take place within the Barony of Straylight, for starters. May I alert her to your arrival for just that?

Philip Locke

Re: Shirithian and Shirlanian government

Post by Philip Locke »

"Ok." Locke.
Can humans do what prophets say?

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Wie? -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UEC

Post by UEC »

Countess... not Duchess.. I would assume is what he/she/it meant... (i'm not sure what the gender of the writer is) E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Well, that's sort of a problem... Shirlan has duchies, too... and they haven't yet figured out an unambiguous/legal name for their duke title... Mitä minä todella sanoin

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

why don't we just let them run autonomously on their own board, they can keep their own titles, and we'll just declare them a territorry... Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Gryphon Avocatio

If they're just a terretory, than they have no voting rights in the landsraad... -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Well, they're a fiefdom now, but they don't have voting rights in the Landsraad anyway since they are a county... Mitä minä todella sanoin

UnknownwonknU

Post by UnknownwonknU »

Well, Shirlan is a county due to preliminary discussions taken place between Shireroth and the separate entities (SimplyRhedd, THEJUSTBlue, and ARIadnEL000), but now that I overrule them here, the discussions are moving forward. Barony status is a consideration with Straylight as part, I would very much love for you to incorporate you into Shirlan, if not on a whole, perhaps separately, Ari. So, therefore barony is possible, for now.

Kaiser Meskan I

Post by Kaiser Meskan I »

My patience is begining to wane over this Shirlan situation. It has gone on far too long and should not be nearly this complicated. Two good diplomats should have had this settled in days, if not a day. I do not know when this all began, but it must have been over a month ago by now.I would be greatly pleased if everyone would avoid "for now" situations and come up with a concrete decisive plan that we can put into action. Harvey of Meskan"This is my day in the sun, and I plan to get a tan."

UEC

Post by UEC »

I thought I took care of the Shirlan matter weeks ago? Shirlan merged into Shireroth.. And became a county under Straylight under the Duchy of Brookshire. And that is what got passed through the Landsraad. What's the deal now? *is getting upset*... That's it.. Time I talked with Shirlan.. we have a Hiarchy for a reason... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gryphon Avocatio

*A message from the Ministry of Imigration and Naturalisation*Um...so far we have a county with few citizens...as I have not received applications from anybody in shirlan; i.e. They aren't citizens. I'll more likely than not let them have citizenship outright because I have seen them around (so tehy can skip naturalisation so they can get the duchy together) But yes...if you are from shirlan, you need to apply for citizenship.Thank you. -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UnknownwonknU

Post by UnknownwonknU »

Harvey, don't take this the wrong way. Shirlan is just trying to figure out the best way to fir Shireroth in with Shirlan's own structure.Look, there are some parallels in governmental things between our nations. What we need is to bridge the gap that is cuasing so much confusion here. That is what is all Shirlan is trying to do....*shrugs*Yes, a couty. Wonderful! Now, Shirlan, like any expanding forward thinking nation, seeks better ways....if that being a barony or Duchy or nation....separately then it will be as such.*sighs*Gryphon, I think it time taht you meet Shirlan's own Gryphoness and possibly work on bridging this gap...or whatever.*shakes head*It will all work out, eventually, in some odd way or another....or not....we'll see.

UEC

Post by UEC »

Shouldn't it be Shirlan fitting into Shireroth Structure? E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

UnknownwonknU

Post by UnknownwonknU »

Harvey, you had commented that concreteness is a need, and that two good diplomats should be able to figure this all out.Thus, Gryphoness of Shirlan could represent one of those.....and can Shireroth offer up one of it's own for Shirlan to represent the other?Oh right, the Gryphoness is in Straylight now. So, as requested here, discussions with regards to this will take place there. Edited by: UnknownwonknU at: 9/5/03 2:09 pm

Gryphon Avocatio

*is massively confused* -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Gryphoness of Shirlan

Post by Gryphoness of Shirlan »

Look, I don't particularly relish the thought of breaking protocol, so please excuse this rudeness for now, however, after some consideration, perhaps some of Shirlan discussions with Shirithians should take place in our own territory.

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

I still don't think you guys (singular or plural?!?! I see one IP logging everything... gah... confuzed...) get it...Shirlan has been acquired by shireroth. You are not a Nation. You are a county. Your diplomat is your count, whoever the hell that is, and he speaks through your baron, who I believe is still ari...ar... I am frustrated with this issue... I'll stop now... again... Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

UnknownwonknU

Post by UnknownwonknU »

Yes, Gryphon the Pure, we got that! Now, what the Gryphoness of Shirlan is saying that, since Shirlan has been "acquired" some conversations with regards with Shirlan should take place over there in the general area.Note: Please GET OVER the single IP thingy. It is clear to Shirlan that YOU do not understand what is meant by that. So, in order to understand better why don't you try and figure it out (in Shirlan's general area).Oh yeah, the count. That is Shirial Vakanan, Shyriath's character. Now, if any of you or some of you or one of you would locate him (Ari?) then please give him the message politely to come back to Shirlan and start assuming the role.Any other inquiries about Shirlan should be made in the Shirlan general forum on Shirlan's board. Is that clear enough?!

Gryphon Avocatio

Um...You aren't exactly in a position to be telling Shireroth what to do. If I were you I would be doing what we told you so that we don't get angry at you.Put if you would like somebody to go to your boards, the Yardistani Annexation Corps could always be Uncaged.Maybe the time is come? -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UEC

Post by UEC »

No.. Not right now Nick... No civil wars...But Shirlan, As your Duke I'm beggining to be displeased.... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gryphon Avocatio

It doesn't matter since I can't find their board... -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UEC

Post by UEC »

pub35.ezboard.com/bshirlan E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Nick the Yardistani

Post by Nick the Yardistani »

So wait...you're making it easier for me? NickThe Wandering YardistaniBardHigh Priest of B0O0/\/\ismI am just a new boy, / Stranger in this town. / Where are all the good times? / Who's gonna / how this stranger around? / Ooooh, I need a dirty woman. / Ooooh, I need a dirty girl. / Will some cold woman in this desert land / Make me feel like a real man? / Take this rock and roll refugee / Oooh, baby set me free. / Ooooh, I need a dirty woman. / Ooooh, I need a dirty girl.

UEC

Post by UEC »

Yes? E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Nikkolo Habatr Verta

Post by Nikkolo Habatr Verta »

Oh...ok...heh... Nikkolo Habatr Verta - Ye Ol' Ex-Micronationalist

UEC

Post by UEC »

Yerp! E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gryphon Avocatio

So what happened to the Shirlanians?...haven't seen them i a bit...I did check out there board...there wasn't anything interesting...weird place... -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UEC

Post by UEC »

I have no idea.. they are odd... guess that's why I got along with them so well back in the day.. a few months ago.. though I'm still curious as to where Shyrioth (sp) is... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gryphon Avocatio

well...the ones we have been dealing with...i think is one person who is bad at role-playing...more or less, i think their want to negotiate on their board spawns from the role-playing center of their nation. I looked at their website...and...well...it's more of a free-form rpg than an actual nation...they just include government in it. And terretories. All in all, I'm not sure why we are annexing this body...I proly would have voted nay...this should be done and over with...Also...they shouldn't be made a county...though their personal board isn't too active, its size suggests that constraining them to the forum of a barony would be bad. They also seem far too independent to be county. They are trying to do things their own way in the face of a nation they agreed to join. I don't believe the integration will be beneficial to either nation. I think that we may be able to hammer out the details, but some definitive action on Shireroth's needs to be taken primarily, preferably by the Kaiser himself. However, Harvey has been absent longer than the Shirlanians. So, the Landsraad needs to something about the situations. I personally do not know what the best course of action would be; however we need to enforce the power of the Kaiser and make sure that Shirlan realises that we are serious about taking them over. -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Return to “General Discussion”