Future of Alexandros's Fora

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Bill3000

Re: Future of Alexandros's Fora

Post by Bill3000 »

Just to tell you: EZBoard has extreamly annoying advirtisements, and the features are being cut down one by one in the free version. In 6 months, there's a chance that the ad-rampaged boards will be gone forever. And what if that happens? We lose the board, and have nothing in its place. Bill DuschBil'Per Car'SetPresident of BGIMember of the Paladins"My friends, no matter how rough the road may be, we can and we will, never, never surrender to what is right." - Dan Quayle, in a speech to the Christian Coalition"The fundamental question is, 'Will I be a successful president when it comes to foreign policy?' I will be, but until I'm the president, it's going to be hard for me to verify that I think I'll be more effective." - George W. Bush

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

I have a few comments.First, EZBoard has promised to give at least 2 months warning if they get rid of free. That means, first of all, that Alexandros might fall and we wouldn't have to worry about it, or, more optimistically, that we can buy Gold in that period, removing a need to buy it now.Second, we already discussed this before you joined. We decided that EZBoard Gold was better thjan buying another service, and a couple of people have already volunteered to pay for it.But, I still am hopeful that the free service will continue, since EZBoard said they recognized that people overwhelmingly supported it. I'm willing to put up with banners to save $30 "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time. " - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Allright. But still, I'm just pointing out a couple of other services if we ever change our mind. Bill DuschBil'Per Car'SetPresident of BGIMember of the Paladins"My friends, no matter how rough the road may be, we can and we will, never, never surrender to what is right." - Dan Quayle, in a speech to the Christian Coalition"The fundamental question is, 'Will I be a successful president when it comes to foreign policy?' I will be, but until I'm the president, it's going to be hard for me to verify that I think I'll be more effective." - George W. Bush

Bill3000

Future of Alexandros's Fora

Post by Bill3000 »

EZBoard is slowly slashing down the free version, and unless we do something, our fora are toast.We have a few options that I have researched:1. The most obvious: Get Gold. This will cost money, but we'll save the future of this fora. But still, if EZBoard goes totally bankrupt, then our fora will be in vain, and we'd spend our money for no reason.2. The more radical way: Get new fora. I have researched some options, and some are pretty good.First of all, there's the easy way out, and it's boards like this: Public boards on other servers. It would be very easy to put up, but if the boards go bankrupt, our forums go down forever. But still, it's an easy thing to do. Here's some good ones:boardnation.com - new fora service I found out while listening to the complaining people at EZBoard. :) No banners, though, which could mean that it's future might not look too bright.... But still, it's a good choice, with good features, etc.aimoo.com - Despite the first three letters *shudder* it looks pretty good from what I see. There's a gold and platnium edition, but that's only for extra features, not for the godforsaken banners. :pThere's also the old fashioned way: Getting a CGI-enabled website and getting our own private board. You might think that this may cost a lot of money, but there are boards like UBB that are free. Here are some that I found:yabb.xnull.com - YaBB. Same features as boardnation.ikonboard.com - Ikonboard. Another board service.The hard part of this would be finding a CGI-enabled website, nothing more.Of course, we can also pay to get gold to save our forums and move forums also to ensure our total safety.I leave these options to the people of Alexandros. What do you want?Get EZBoard Gold and pay.Get new forums: public foraGet new forums: private foraStick with EZBoard Free and pray that EZBoard won't take down Free.Show results Bill DuschBil'Per Car'SetPresident of BGIMember of the Paladins"My friends, no matter how rough the road may be, we can and we will, never, never surrender to what is right." - Dan Quayle, in a speech to the Christian Coalition"The fundamental question is, 'Will I be a successful president when it comes to foreign policy?' I will be, but until I'm the president, it's going to be hard for me to verify that I think I'll be more effective." - George W. Bush

Assassinite

Post by Assassinite »

Wouldn't it be a lot simpler and more cheap if we just say uhh . . ............Take over EzBoard? MUAHAHAHAA!! The Istvanistan OT has already proved their powers beyond that of Ezboard by posting beyond the 100 replies per thread restriction (was supposed to automatically close thread at 100)! Perhaps they can bring the EzBoard Administrative down to their knees! EZBOARD MUST GIVE EEN!!(Disclaimer: Plz don't ban me! I am an innocent child!) Free Assassination service! Just give a valid Name, Country, City, Phone Number, and Address of the person. Sign up for our service now and you'll receive a free Brainsucking Pineapple!!

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

If people promised to remain active and keep the country stable, hell, i'd pay the $30 myself...But we know that ain't gonna happen.... Ryan D. CarusoPresident-General of the Nautilus Free StateICQ # 73438757The Last HellspawnI am the Void, I am WarVoid!Citizen of the Baronry of Treesia and FabonCitizen of the Hegemony of AlexandrosMember of the PaladinsProud Member of the Labour PartyLeader of the Free Cimmeria Party!

Assassinite

Post by Assassinite »

have to agree, I'm afraid :/ Free Assassination service! Just give a valid Name, Country, City, Phone Number, and Address of the person. Sign up for our service now and you'll receive a free Brainsucking Pineapple!!

Kaiser Metzler I

Post by Kaiser Metzler I »

WEll.. all this is kinda moot seeing as in a much earlier Landsraad meeting we decided to keep ezboard and ed (using a debt from the hegemon) was gona pay the 30$... and after 6 months I would scroung up the money... Polemarch of the Hegemony of AlexandrosE. Metzler "UEC", eik'mol bom'eth"Death awaits everyone, it's just that it has less patience for some...""Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Assassinite

Post by Assassinite »

BTW, when do I get my title changed? The FIoJ died quite a long time ago . . . Free Assassination service! Just give a valid Name, Country, City, Phone Number, and Address of the person. Sign up for our service now and you'll receive a free Brainsucking Pineapple!!

Kaiser Metzler I

When I figured out or am told what your title is... and then get off my ass and do it.. or if someone else with admin sees this before I do anythng and does it themselves.. in other words... not right now....hehe Polemarch of the Hegemony of AlexandrosE. Metzler "UEC", eik'mol bom'eth"Death awaits everyone, it's just that it has less patience for some...""Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

We could always try the community pot and all donate some money. I don't know if it's a monthly fee or what but i'd be willing to put in $5 or $10 for it.Bill lives in NY so it'd be nothing for him to rob somebody and take their money.... hehehehe Ryan D. CarusoPresident-General of the Nautilus Free StateICQ # 73438757The Last HellspawnI am the Void, I am WarVoid!Citizen of the Baronry of Treesia and FabonCitizen of the Hegemony of AlexandrosMember of the PaladinsProud Member of the Labour PartyLeader of the Free Cimmeria Party!

Kaiser Metzler I

THat could work.... Polemarch of the Hegemony of AlexandrosE. Metzler "UEC", eik'mol bom'eth"Death awaits everyone, it's just that it has less patience for some...""Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Return to “General Discussion”