Happy Irish Pride Day! :)

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Jadie of Goldshire

Happy Irish Pride Day! :)

Post by Jadie of Goldshire »

*throws green confetti in the air*Yay for Eoin who is are only full blooded Irish citizen!However..I believe there are some of us Irish mutts in here.like me! Yay! Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Fidel Nico

Re: Happy Irish Pride Day! :)

Post by Fidel Nico »

Quote:Eoin who is are only full blooded Irish citizen.Oi! According to Irish law I'm an Irish citizen too! [ignore the fact I'm not a Shirerothian citizen.] So can I have some praise too? Please? Fidel Nico

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I'm like, not Irish in allmost any way (at least as far as I can trace...) so like... do I get any praise? Any happy mostly-german days?fidel: Yeah sure. *praise*

Fidel Nico

Post by Fidel Nico »

Cheers Brother! Now wheres the green beer? Eh? No St. Paddy's goes without a good deal of drinking, its the Irish way. Fidel Nico

Ruhan Zarathustra Erudinz

Post by Ruhan Zarathustra Erudinz »

But the question remains are you drinking green or orange beer?And I believe that I just /fail/ to qualify for Irish citizenship, since I'm third Gen Irish. Or at least that was how I read it the last time I checked the websites of the Irish embassy (Yes, I have checked up on this stuff, aren't I cool?).So, have some beer for one and all!*starts to sing...*At the pub on the crossroads, there's whiskey and beer.There's brandy from cognac that's frageunt with dear.But for killing the thirst and for raising the gaut.There's nothing at all that beats a good stout.Drink it up men, it's long after ten.At the pub on the crossroads, I first went a stray.There I drank enough to drink for to fill Galway Bay!Goin' on up in the morning I wore out me shoes.Going up to the cross for the best in good booze!Drink it up men, it's long after ten.Some folk o'er the water think bitter is fine,And others they swear by the juice of the vine.But there's nothing that's squeezed from the grape or the hop.Like the black liquidation with the froth on the top.Drink it up men, it's long after ten.I've travelled in England, I've travelled in France.At the sound of good music, I'll sing or I'll dance.So hear me then mister and pour me one more.If I can'nah drink it up then throw me out the door.Drink it up men, it's long after ten.It's Guinnesses porter that has me this way.For it's sweeter than butter milk and stronger than tea.But when in the mornin' I feel kinda rough.Me curse on Lord Ivy who brews the damn stuff.Drink it up men, it's long after ten.Drink it up men, it's long after ten.*stops singing* "Disce quasi semper victurus; vive quasi cras moriturus"

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

GUINNESS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Kaiser Wyltheow I

Post by Kaiser Wyltheow I »

I'm not Irish...but I'm pseudo-Scotch...so I'm almost close to being almost close! Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

Angellene

Post by Angellene »

Happy St. Pats!!! *starts dancing a reel*

Mattlore Devious

Post by Mattlore Devious »

mmmmguinesssssss

Jadie of Goldshire

Post by Jadie of Goldshire »

*sniffles* and the day is over...so sad.... Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Fidel Nico

Post by Fidel Nico »

Quote:are you drinking green or orange beer?Eh?Are you asking whether I'm a Unionist or Nationalist/Republican?I may live in N.Ireland, but I am Irish (if half english), and I'm no Unionist. Unionism is simply reaction. That said I'm not a provo either. I would consider my views those of the old Republicans, but to the majority of you that means nothing. The old IRA suggested something similar to the modern peace agreement in the late 60's, it was a marxist organisation, and against violence to a large extent. The Provisional IRA (the ones you have all heard about) split off from the official IRA in 1972 to carry out the terrible attrocities which occured in the 70's and 80's. They were overly nationalist like ETA for example, and even banned Communist Party members of Ireland from membership.So I'll have green beer. Fidel Nico

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Green beer... orange beer... uh... I thought that meant protestant or Catholic... uh...CHECK PLEASE!

Draco the Tainted

Post by Draco the Tainted »

mmm... orange ale...ERIK!!! You must make us some good Orange Ale for the convention!!! Heil Loki!!!
Heil H'Graa!!!

Ruhan Zarathustra Erudinz

Post by Ruhan Zarathustra Erudinz »

Yes and no, Gman.Yes in that chances are it's protestants drinking orange and catholics drinking green.No in that ... that also carries a bit more baggage than just religion in that part of the world. "Disce quasi semper victurus; vive quasi cras moriturus"

Fidel Nico

Post by Fidel Nico »

Indeed it does. Dividing it into religion has been part of the problem, and what made the region sectarian. However politics in Ireland started associating with religion as early as 1800. Prior to this it was actually protestant Ulster which had been the most revolutionary (The United Irishmen were mostly protestant). Ah well history is always cruel and ironic. Fidel Nico

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Precisely, Toner himself was a Protestant, he believed that all Irish men must stand tall together. Then again that'd have been a middle class rebellion of his, if his fellow conspirators hadn't been drunken incompotents.We're doing the War of Independence in history at the moment (our one). Quite interesting. Civil War is next. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'TarasLotter of the West LotGrand Duke of Lac Glacei

Antonio Vitores Ramon

Post by Antonio Vitores Ramon »

Bah, somebody ought to tell our own British brand of unionists all this. Mad bastards.British Ulster AllianceHaving started out as a sort of Johnny Adair fan club, the BUA had to switch allegiances once the Ulster Defence Association feud reached such a dramatic end in 2003. The BUA organises pickets of Downing Street in support of loyalist causes, and trips to Ulster to drink beer. Whilst this is hardly thrilling stuff, the BUA can put a big firm on the street, if recent London events are anything to go by - possibly one to watch. Do say "Down with popery!"Don't say "Actually I think Celtic probably play more attractive football than Rangers" Orange Lodges in EnglandApril now sees an annual Orange Parade through London, largely attended by fascists, with the odd England based Orangemen in tow. The biggest event in the English calendar, in Southport each summer, is usually several thousand strong. Do say "Well actually my great grandmother on my father's side was from Ulster you know"Don't say "If there is one thing worse than a Plastic Paddy, it a Plastic Protestant Paddy" Antonio Vitores RamonMinister-GeneralRepublic of Baracão

Fidel Nico

Post by Fidel Nico »

They don't teach us past 1921 or prior to 1801 in the North, well they haven't in my 7 years studying history. Fidel Nico

Return to “General Discussion”