New York con

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Scott of Hyperborea

New York con

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Somehow I got roped into arranging this one too. The following people have expressed an interest in going to a New York convention: Chris, Erik, Ruth, Ryan, Foghorn, Bjorn, Harvey, Aryez, Corey, and Hesam. With enough advertisement, we can probably add a few Anticans on to that list, and maybe a few old-timers like Bill, dStryker and Shyriath.

Everyone was unanimous in saying that summer would be a better time. What does everyone think about exactly three months after the London convention - that's Friday July 2 to Sunday July 4th?

Erik Mortis

Re: New York con

Post by Erik Mortis »

I have a better chance.

Björn Ironfist

Post by Björn Ironfist »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:Somehow I got roped into arranging this one too. The following people have expressed an interest in going to a New York convention: Chris, Erik, Ruth, Ryan, Foghorn, Bjorn, Harvey, Aryez, Corey, and Hesam. With enough advertisement, we can probably add a few Anticans on to that list, and maybe a few old-timers like Bill, dStryker and Shyriath.

Everyone was unanimous in saying that summer would be a better time. What does everyone think about exactly three months after the London convention - that's Friday July 2 to Sunday July 4th?
There is a VERY good chance that I could make New York on those days.
Björn Ironfist
Lord Warden to the Outland (Stormark)
Stormark's Rep. to the SC

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I can do NYC on any weekend dates in the summer.

Given the nature of my job, I really don't know when I'll be working weekends. So it's pretty much in the air. But typically I have weekends off, or can weasel my way out by getting a sub to fill in for me. I'll know better when it gets closer to the actual date.

I could also fit three Anticans (plus me and wife) in the car if any wanted to carpool to the train station in Wassaic.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Chrimigules

Post by Chrimigules »

I was talking with Ruth, and she said something about it being a great deal easier to attend if it coincided roughly around when she arrived back from England, which would be in early June.

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

I'll have to find out about my summer plans first.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

I can't guarantee I'd be able to attend on those days (I know I have a wedding to attend somewhen in July, I just don't remember which weekend at the moment); and July 4th tends to be a biggish family event for me in any case. But I am interested in another New York ShireCon, I will say that.

Icebreaker

Post by Icebreaker »

I'LL GO, ALSO I CALL SLEEPING ON SOMEONE'S COUCH.

I ASSUME SOMEONE ACTUALLY LIVES IN NYC IF YOU'RE DOING IT THERE, BUT IF NOT MAKE IT CHICAGO AND I CAN PUT UP LIKE FOUR OR FIVE PEOPLE IN THE AREA.

Return to “General Discussion”